X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Malware Alert on this Website

It fits the moment, yes. There's a noticeable lack of a "remorseful" emote.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

and now you're annoyed. equally fitting

Leave a comment:

• Taskmage
    replied

Oh, that was you, huh? It's cool; I just changed your mood to crying, so I assume you're feeling appropriately penitent.

Leave a comment:

• Yygdrasil
    replied

I've been looking for the same function for days now. I cant figure it out.

Also: Sorry... I changed yours. It was a mistake. You never did a thing. I just didn't think it would be irreversible.

Leave a comment:

• Taskmage
    replied

Is there a way I can clear or disable the mood thing over there <=? I accidentally set it to pirate when I clicked on it to check it out and I don't particularly want to use it.

Leave a comment:

• Aeni
    replied

Originally posted by PiNG View Post
    thanks, looking into it now
    Thank you PiNG!

I had just had IT over at work flush out my work PC since I was getting hit with malwares from Ars Technica the other month (they said they had investigated their ad partners and found out that one of their vendors was not acting on good faith) and then came here and got hit with stuff again :/ I think IT will end up "Granny" blocking everything I visit /cry

I'll let you know if I come across anything weird when I visit on my home PC.

Edit: To be fair, my workplace is really slow to migrate and I'm still on Windows XP/IE 8. Due to workflow and compatibility issues, that's how it shakes down for me and I'm unable to do anything to "modify" my work PC. We'll be migrating to Windows 7/Office 2010 in a couple of months, but until then, I'm gonna have to lay low and play it safe.

Leave a comment:

• Taskmage
    replied

I got rid of it because I like my posts to be narrow and there's a bit too much stuff going on over on the left, especially earlier when the experience bars were still visible.

Leave a comment:

• Yygdrasil
    replied

YOU HAS NO AVATAR!!! OH NOES!!

Leave a comment:

• Taskmage
    replied

In fairness it is usually other users who give me the heads up, which I then just pass on.

Leave a comment:

• PiNG
    replied

thanks! yeah, just give me heads on on what's broken. the signature should be good now , on the Bottom Leftside of the screen make sure your running the Debug Style.

Leave a comment:

• Yygdrasil
    replied

Also: Anything you need me to help with, let me know. If it's within my power to do it... I have all day. Any new adjustments you need tested?

Leave a comment:

• PiNG
    replied

very good point...

Leave a comment:

• Yygdrasil
    replied

Any good reason why there's such a large gap between any given post and it's user signature? Any way we can adjust that or is it just something else to get used to?

Leave a comment:

• cidbahamut
    replied

Hurray for site administrators coming to the rescue!

Leave a comment:

• PiNG
    replied

Thanks, it's not really much that I do, I really always appreciated the help I got from moderators and admins, as well as people continuing to use the site as a community point.

It's not really much that I do though, I had purchased all the forum software about a year ago, but had never got around to upgrading it. I was just being lazy. The dedicated server it's running on is also running other websites, which covers the server cost.

As far as the malware, it was a backdoor on one of my old script that caused someone to inject malware JavaScript to give other sites false hits. For example you still see FFXIOnline.com stuff, but small little images/gif/jpg (usually in 1px by 1px, a dot) at bottom of the site that is hosted by other websites to pretend they are getting hits too. I'll keep the site fully updated from now, and Taskmage has been very good in giving me heads up whenever something happened to the site. I really appreciate it!

Through the weekend, I'll clean up the site skin and get it back to how it was before. with Light and Dark themes, and perhaps now mobile themes aswell for some people to use

Leave a comment:

• Squiggs
    replied

Okay, so you can do it. When I hit the 'Reply With Quote' it quotes the whole thing, regardless of what I have highlighted.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X