Why Hullo There!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Hullo There!

I googled Final Fantasy XI Forums, and this and Zam! are what showed up. Zam does not look like my kind of place. It seems all I would use that forum for is just digging for information, and I don't quite like how half of their guides are written, so I'm not gonna bother with them.

Anyways, on to ME!

I'm Arcacial. Arcazial. Arcaxial. I have a habit of signing up for things before I use them so I have to use the alternate names when I sign up again. I just purchased FFXI Ultimate for the Xbox and will (Hopefully!) be starting today. I'm 21, turning 22 in a few weeks, and quite the partier (Not FFXI kind of partys..) so if you see me in game, YOU SHOULD TALK TO ME! You might find yourself having interesting and weird conversations. . I live in Michigan, and it totally sucks here. Lets not get in to that though (unless you live in Michigan?)

Not sure what server I will play on. Probably the first server in the list, as I usually sometimes do.

I also am not sure if I should make a black mage or a red mage, but I do know I want to eventually get to Puppetmaster. Any suggestions there?

I'm an avid forum user, so you will most likely see quite a bit of me on here. If you ever want to contact me, E-mail is better than forum PM because they will go straight to my phone (Unless I get an e-mail from this forums PM system, then it doesn't matter..)

Re: Why Hullo There!

Huzzah! Another one joins our merry band. Welcome to the forums. Like you I too found this place and Zam when I first started up. Zam's good for number crunching questions, but I found that if you want actual advice then the people here tend to be a lot more helpful and friendly.

As for starting out, I would recommend a Red Mage as it gets its feet wet in a little bit of everything early on, which might help you figure out what role you want to play when you're not playing Puppetmaster. Then again I'm biased because I started on Red Mage and never really felt the urge to level anything else, so take my advice with a grain of salt.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Phew. After trying every debit card on my house I finally got mine in the mail and got my account set up. Now just waiting on the hour long install to my xbox and I can start playing.

Ive decided on a tarutaru red mage. Having proficiency in weapons as well as magic will most likely be best for when I get to puppet master. If I dint like it, I hear I can always change my job at my mog house.

tarutaru is a pretty funny choice for me, I usually go with the biggest race in mmos because im 6 8 (203 cm.?) Myself, and of giant stature, least am told. Luiz.

Hurgh. Still fifty minutes to go. Been waiting three days for my card and now I gotta wait another hour. Poop.

HOPE TA SEE YOU IN GAME. Say hi if you see me! Tips are always welcome too if you have any!

Comment

You might as well know up front. Once it finishes installing you're probably in for another 8 hours of updates.

Comment

lolololol Cid, the Destroyer of Dreams!
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I like that title. I'm going to have to use it somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
              You might as well know up front. Once it finishes installing you're probably in for another 8 hours of updates.
              Aw poopskis.

Nostalgic to my ragnarok online days at least.

Comment

Welcome dude.

Cid, using it over
                <<<< There
                A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Does anyone ever feel like Final Fantasy is just Cids version of Quantum Leap?

Lulz.

Anyways, you could use that title under your name. It would go nicely with this forum.

Comment

You didn't mention what server you decided on. I am on Alexander why i was curious since you said you would start at the first one you ran across on the list. Maybe will see ya on tonight, will say hi if you do so choose alex.
                    85 DNC / 85 BLM / 85 DRK MARRIED TO AURONJR IRL.
                    WINDURST RANK 10
                    ALEXANDER SERVER

91.5+1 Smithing on my mule, Chickenmanroy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Varistor View Post
                      You didn't mention what server you decided on. I am on Alexander why i was curious since you said you would start at the first one you ran across on the list. Maybe will see ya on tonight, will say hi if you do so choose alex.
                      I Might just. how us the economy on alex? I still havent gotten to playing yet. Out and about while it patches

Comment

not sure what exactly you are asking? i guess i can cover a few things and see if it is what you are looking for. I notice prices are usually same or a bit higher then other servers due to smaller server and less supply. um.. maybe it's better you reply with what specifically you want to know and i can tell you the best i can.
                        85 DNC / 85 BLM / 85 DRK MARRIED TO AURONJR IRL.
                        WINDURST RANK 10
                        ALEXANDER SERVER

91.5+1 Smithing on my mule, Chickenmanroy!!!

Comment

I ended up going with ragnarok last night. Random choice kinda. Got my character to level four last night before deciding on going to sleep.

Comment

I went ahead and made a second character, galka monk named Renegadefridge on alexander. My younger brother is also playing on ragnarok as an elvaan warrior named Varx.

Edit- I read a ton of reviews for this game on xbox, and every single one so far has stone the game any justice. One complained about the cost, duhr, its an mmo. another complained about having to sort your inventory your self. Two seconds in the config menu is all it took for me to find the auto sort option.

Console gamers are funny and so disconnected from the workings of mmo games.
                            Last edited by Arcacial; 04-19-2010, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcacial View Post
                              I live in Michigan
                              DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! I'm from Michigan too! /shoutout!

Originally posted by Arcacial View Post
                              Two seconds in the config menu is all it took for me to find the auto sort option.
                              Those reviews might be old, I think they just added the Auto-Sort last year
                              {New Sig in the works}
                              -----------------------
                              "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                              "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                              Originally posted by Solymir
                              What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Working...
                              X