Expansion Reg Probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expansion Reg Probs

So i have FFXI,(no EXP's) and went to GAME ,(a British store) today to buy Wings of the goddess. It cost me £15.99. However,whenever i enter the CD key to Reg it in Support+extend content,it says Invalid Reg?

Ive tried again and again.

any help would be appreciated.

Re: Expansion Reg Probs

You didn't buy it used, did you?

Because if you did, then PROTIP for future reference: buying MMORPG discs/codes/stuff used is generally a BAD BAD IDEA PLEASE DO NOT DO IT OR YOU WILL CRY. ;_;

EDIT: It occurred to me that "EXP's" might mean "expansion packs." Sorry, but IIRC, in order to install an expansion to FFXI, you need all the expansions before it. Order is Rise of the Zilart -> Chains of Promathia -> Treasures of Aht Urghan -> Wings of the Goddess.
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
      You didn't buy it used, did you?

Because if you did, then PROTIP for future reference: buying MMORPG discs/codes/stuff used is generally a BAD BAD IDEA PLEASE DO NOT DO IT OR YOU WILL CRY. ;_;

hell noooo lol. GAME is an actual store in the highstreet/mall ( and you cant buy Used MMORPG CD keys in there,LoL useless)

Its legit,plastic wrapper and all. Bought today xD Just wont register.

edit: ah at the In order thing. ill buy the rest from D2D. Or not. it seems Aht Urghan is impossible to get anywhere. -,-. if i was to get a Vanadiel 2008 collection,would the cd key from that Still work with my Current PoL/FFXI content ID,or would i have to make a new acc?

Comment

you can buy the collection and just use the reg codes for the expansions with your current ID. shouldn't need to start over

Comment

I'm not sure about that one. Gonna have to go with "you might not have to make new IDs," but I doubt it would be a big deal even if you had to.

Either way, if you're getting the Vana'diel Collection, I advise waiting a few months for the Vana'diel Collection 2.
          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
          Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvane View Post
            you can buy the collection and just use the reg codes for the expansions with your current ID. shouldn't need to start over
            but i didnt think you got all 5 codes (4 exp 1 orig), thought u just got a "all in one code?"

Comment

Double post:

Ok well,i bought the vanadiel collection 2008,brand spanking new,and it still wont let me register it. Wtf......

Edit: turns out there US keys,bought in an EU store. Will Play/Square help me with this? Im madly annoyed,but partly my fault.

Comment

Working...
              X