Chuggaaaaaa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuggaaaaaa

Hey, I don't have FFXI yet, but I'm going to buy it this week for the 360....I was just introducing myself, and wanted to know were there a lot of peeps playing on the 360?

Also, what's the most populated server?

I used to beta test the game when it was nearing release for PS2, and afterwards they sent us a PS2 HDD and the game for free....that was years, and years ago!
    Last edited by Ferno; 09-30-2009, 01:23 AM.

Re: Chuggaaaaaa

All the servers have different Prime Times, and populations. It all depends on what time you have to play/what server your friends are on should depend on what Server is the best.

I still think that Bahumat is still over populated though... Can people still not get on it?

Comment

That's one thing, I don't know anyone that does play this game...lol

Comment

Ah. I didn't either when I first started. I chose the server based on my middle name (Alexander) XD

Comment

Lol, what would be a good job class to start with anyway?

Comment

Well...

I would Say Rdm as it can do all the things that all that the Melee/Mage jobs can do.

Warrior. Monk, and Thief are all great classes to start off with as well.

Warrior is a melee power house at later levels, but at lvl 5, you get acess to great Axes and Provoke.

Monk is Hand to hand, and they just sit there and melee/Weapon skill when they reach 100 TP. They are a strong job, just that they are boring.

Thief steals stuff at early lvls. at lvl 15 you get Sneak Attack (Every 1 min you get a gaurentted Crit). You will be expected to pull as Thf.

Rdm, Whm, and Blm are the three main mages.

Rdm can melee, heal, and nuke. People don't like Rdms Meleeing or nuking though, so you will be healing most of the time. Some Rdms can melee fairly well though. Chain spell which is their 2 hour can help you drop anything in a few seconds by nuking, but its used to assist people zerging with (Rdm/Drk stun.)

Whm is the healer. They sti back and heal everyone. They can melee, but they kill slowly at first. They are hard to level with out a sub from 1-10

Blm is the nuker. They sit in the back nukeing the mobs to death. They are not wanted to level in higher parties, but they are loved in End games. Their 2 hour makes it so that they can cast any spell with out any mana.

I cant tell you what job is the best, but a short description of a job can help you choose.

Comment

Yeah, when I was in beta, I played as a monk...lol....

But, I like casting damage spells and sword fighting too...

Comment

Yea. I played monk until lvl 40 on my other character. I got annoyed at the 24 hour pop nms you had to kill to get the brown belt... >.<

So then Rdm would probably be best. They can nuke, but their nukeing is fairly weak though, and they have a decent melee skill.

Comment

Well, I guess I'll go with the Rdm...

Also, what system do you play the game for?

Comment

PC. Used to play on the PS2, but after not able to pay for it for 3 years, I lost the console and my game/characters. >.< Had all jobs to lvl 37 (Was during the CoP expansion). I was mad that I couldnt get my account back lol.

Comment

Damn, I didn't know they delete inactive characters...lol....

I'll just play this until another mmo comes out for the 360...

Comment

Well FFXIV is coming out for PS3 (( ^_^ )) and PC...

Comment

I hate the PS3....lol

And, since I'm moving and getting me a new cpu soon, I'll probably check it out on pc if they don't reach an agreement with MS for the 360 to get it...

Comment

Well, if they put it on the 360 then... "360" limitations instead of PS2 limitations lol.

I like the PS3 though. Not many good games, but the ones that are good are great.

Comment

Well, it looks like Oblivion to me, so I don't think it'll have any limitations...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X