X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good day everyone ^^

Hi all,

I'm new ^.^
    My 2008 collection should arrive any moment, so I'm a soon to be player.
    This looks like a nice forum, read a lot, really helpfull.
    BUT..
    This is the only sub-forum where I can post, at first I thought I'd just have to wait for activation, but some newer members are already able to post everywhere. I tried to pm mods, but I didn't wait for any reactions because my sent message box stays at 0 messages. Sorry if I'm doing something stupid, but I don't mean to annoy anyone

(btw, Im probably going to play on the Remora server as a WHM =p)

-ChibiTenshin
    Hey! I just found an awesome new site! Almost the whole world uses it! It's a miracle, you type something, you push enter, and all the wisdom of the world will be revealed on your screen ^____^
    >>> http://www.google.com <<<

Re: Good day everyone ^^

Good luck with the game. It can be overwhelming at first. Just take it slow and check HERE for some info. Also, the first thing you're going to want to do is get your signet on when getting experience and then spending those Signet points (conquest points) on an experience boost band.

-Evion
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Welcome aboard, the going may be rough at first but you should be fine once you settle in.
      I started fairly recently(about a month ago) on Midgardsormr, so we can swap horror stories of low level adventuring sometime.
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Make sure to check here for what brings in good income for starting out so you can afford to get armor and progress. Crystals sell for good on the AH in stack and so do Beehive Chips.
        A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

@evion
          Thanks ^.^ I think i'll like the overwelming part. other mmo's weren't challenging at all, and I got bored quickly.

@cidbahamut
          Cool, Final Fantasy Horror Stories. Then we'll write a book about it and we make millions =D and a movie that'll make advent children jalous ^^

@Pwnagraphic
          Yea i'll try.. any good beginner money-making jobs? Alchemy sounds like fun =)

Forgive me my grammar XD I know the british people cry about it =p
          Hey! I just found an awesome new site! Almost the whole world uses it! It's a miracle, you type something, you push enter, and all the wisdom of the world will be revealed on your screen ^____^

Comment

Honestly, the only job I picked up and progressed on was fishing. And that was because the LS I was in helped get you started with it to make money. but eventually I took cooking up to make my own bait for fishing moat carp. I forgot what the bait was called, but that is also a good beginner job to help aid with money.
            A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Alchemy is kinda slow going at first. I wouldn't really recommend it for money making right off the bat. Took me a while to get anywhere with it and I live in Bastok right next to the guild. When you first start you'll probably be buying most of your components off the Auction House, which means you'll lose a lot of money. So far I've found Antidotes and Echo Drops sell fairly well, but only when you put them on the Jeuno AH, which you won't be able to get to right away. You might just want to skip crafting for a little while and come back to it once you get a little further in. Selling components in stacks(like beehive chips) will probably get you more money at lower levels than trying to invest in skilling up right from the get go.

That's my take on it from what I've tried anyway.

Comment

Hm.. well then i'll wait before crafting anything at first. I'll be a holy white mage and i can call godesses and stuff =D but all I can do is hitting stuff with a stick XD Thanks for the advice ^.^ I'm pretty sure that i will become an in-game hobo X_X But it sounds like fun ^o^
                Now all i have to do is waiting till i can post on other board T-T

Comment

Originally posted by chibitenshin View Post
                  I'll be a holy white mage and i can call godesses and stuff =D but all I can do is hitting stuff with a stick XD
                  Man I when enthusiastic new people come to the forum. Welcome and I hope you enjoy the game.
                  {New Sig in the works}
                  -----------------------
                  "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                  "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                  Originally posted by Solymir
                  What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                    Man I when enthusiastic new people come to the forum. Welcome and I hope you enjoy the game.
                    Imagine what will happen when XIV will be released =p thousands of new people! Everwhere! Secretly I'm just playing now because i can tell all people, after the XIV release, that i played it before them!
                    Thanks for welcoming me

Comment

Originally posted by chibitenshin View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that i will become an in-game hobo X_X But it sounds like fun ^o^
                      You're a white mage, people will just look the other way as long as you keep them alive and kicking.

Comment

Just to clarify. FFXIV isn't an upgrade to this game. It will be a completely different game in almsot every way. Sorry...
                        Current Server: Asura
                        Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
                        Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
                        Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
                        Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
                        Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Before you go asking about various crafts and jobs etc, please read the stickies and check out the FFXI wiki. You should be able to find the answers to most (if not all) of your questions in the stickies & the wiki.
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I'll alert the admins to your posting problem in the private section. With that said, here is the obligitory New Member post!

Hello Chibitenshin and welcome to FFXIO. The forum rules are listed here:

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/new...rum-rules.html

If you ever feel that someone's post has violated the rules, you can report them. There is an icon with a "!" under your name in the bottom left corner that is the "Report Post" button. You can also ignore people that you find offensive using the Ignore button in the bottom right. Try to use the Ignore button instead of making an angry post. Flaming, regardless of who started it, is against the rules. Always remember that the forums are a public place, there will be people here that don't agree with your opinions and they'll tell you so. Don't get angry and take it personally.

Please use the Search feature to see if your question has been answered before making a new thread. That feature is at the top of the page on the right under your "mood" icon or here is a direct link:

Final Fantasy XI :: Dreams in Vana'diel :: Community - Search Forums

If you receive an offensive or RMT Private Message please forward the entire message to a Moderator or Admin. It also helps to let us know the day and time you recieved the message. You can tell who is a mod or admin by the title under their user name. Feel free to PM if you have any other issues and we hope you enjoy your time here with us! ^^

Take time to scan the forum stickies. Many of them have great information. Here are a few to start you out:

Lots and Lots of links to great info:
                            http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/new...irst-info.html

What job is for you:
                            http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/fre...ld-i-play.html

How to make gil as you go along:
                            http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...ing-guide.html

Beginner quests:
                            http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/new...haracters.html
                            Originally posted by Feba
                            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                            Originally posted by DakAttack
                            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Fixed your posting problems.

Welcome to the forums.
                              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                              X