disc is unreadable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: disc is unreadable

damn well thanks for the advice i called x box live and they said wat you said it could be the hardrive and it only had a 90 day warranty for the HDD. well my other games work just fine along with the x box live preview channel i downloaded so maybe i can get by for a little while longer .

Comment

Ok, so I am very new, to FFXI. My boyfriend has been a FF nut since the first game. He got the game about a month ago and got me started on it. Since, at that time, we only had one xbox, we purchased it for the laptop (install #2). There are three of us in the house, and I did not like the pc version, so we decided to get ANOTHER xbox, so all 3 could play. Note: Everything has been wonderful until this point. 2 games, 2 consoles, 2 installs...perfect. Enter scene: Xbox #2. We purchased NEW game and refurbished xbox with HDD. Instal #3...7 hrs later...play...works great. We play til about 4 in the morning...at which point I log out and go to bed. Next morning, Unreadable disc. I call local game store and they tell me to bring game back, they will exchange. Go to 2 local stores (1st one out of stock) and go back home...still no go. Call game store back, they tell me to bring in refurb xbox and hdd, they will exchange. Get there, no more refurbished xboxs. Instead buy NEW xbox and HDD. Bring home...install again...7 hrs pass...plays great til 4 am...again. COMPLETELY log out. Get up next morning (this morning) and try to play and get the unreadable disc. Go online to xbox support. They tell me to try disc in different machine...blah blah blah...then they tell to clear system cache. I do this, upon their reassurance that this will NOT delete the game. It deletes the game. Now I am just starting updates ( 4 hr process ). What am I doing wrong??? This is starting to make me crazy I don't get into many games that my bf plays and we were really excited to play this together. If anyone has any advice...please pass it on.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Herekittykitty View Post
        COMPLETELY log out.
        I might've missed it in your mini text wall, but did you try copying the disk to the hard drive via the xbox dashboard and running it from the hard drive? If it says something is wrong with the disk after that, I'd think there was something wrong with the xbox instead lol. And by Completely log out do you mean to the FFXI Title Screen or all the way back to the Xbox Dashboard?
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
        Originally posted by Solymir
        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Isn't this that bug with the 360 version where if you don't log out COMPLETELY and then exit to the dashboard from the POL screens before powering down, it corrupts the install and you get a "disc unreadable" message? (or something like that)
          Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
          99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
          F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
          >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

hey guys i'm having this same problem, but when i try to install it to hard drive it says its not supported, same message st0neyb got. so how do we install then? or is this just proof that i spent $300 bucks for a peice of crap? please advise.

Thanks,

Doct

Comment

I tried all solutions but none works. But just now I tried something compleatly new. I signed out from my XBox 360 account using the comand meny just as I started the disc and it worked. I could uninstall POL and now Im installing it again.
              I dont know if it was just a freak thing or if it realy was the signing out that did it but its worth a try.

Comment

This also be worth it to try as so far its working for me. I turn off my xbox 360 w/ ffxi disc inside and give it a rest for a few hours. after doing this the game loaded up just fine. so the "unreadable disc" message could be generated from just an overused system. so give it time to cool down, as thats something i never did (usually kept 360 running even when not playing a game).

thanks,

Doc

Comment

I had this problem and the simplest solution is to buy the first version of FFXI that came out on the 360. It has all the expansions except WotG. It's about $15 on amazon.com.

Just pop in the old disc, Playonline starts up, barks at you about not shutting down properly, and you click "ok", and move along. I haven't used my Ultimate Collection disc since I bought the old version.
                  I'm a rookie explorer on Hades server (named Madjo). Say hello some time!

Comment

Originally posted by Elwynn View Post
                    Isn't this that bug with the 360 version where if you don't log out COMPLETELY and then exit to the dashboard from the POL screens before powering down, it corrupts the install and you get a "disc unreadable" message? (or something like that)
                    hello everyone I have the fix for this issue works everytime!!! What you do and yes I know this sounds very silly and fake but you must play any music file either through the xbox's media library or via ipod/psp and while it is playing boot into PoL and it will let you in and then you get the typical do not turn off or wil corupt file message..This really does work I did noit believe it untill I saw in two other threads and decided to try it!

Comment

Originally posted by jigzaw View Post
                      im haveing a problem with my xbox. everytime i insert the disc, a message pops up saying that the disc is unreadabe. I dont know what to do because i have cleaned the disc and made sure that there were no scratches but it still doesnt work. Also, last time that i played ffxi it worked and i was using the same disc. Has anyone encountered this problem? and any tips on how to fix it?

BTW, all of my other games work
                      Checkout my post.. =)
                      Last edited by Titanius; 11-29-2009, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Okay you really dont need an ipod. But in order for this to work, All you do is RIP a music cd or just 1 song onto your xbox harddrive. Then play any song and just tap the the big X on your controller with your thumb to bring up the playonline viewer option. It should load after you play any song from your harddrive. I never had this problem until I sent my first xbox in and they gave me a certified one. I tested this. So it's all good. By the way you can stop the song after by pressing the X again on your controller and clicking stop on the player in the media section.
                        Last edited by Titanius; 11-29-2009, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X