xbox CONNECTION PROBLEMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xbox CONNECTION PROBLEMS

Hey guys ive got a connetion problem and an hoping some 1 can shed some light on it

I play FF11 on the xbox 360 and love the game so much but after getting screwed by BT broadband i changed to virgin media which is a cable company. since changing ive found that my netgear router wont work on my xbox or lap top but works fine with the ethernet cable when connected. Thing is when my xbox is connected via ethernet cable i can use xbox live fine but when i connect to play online and sign in it only lets me go to the area were i can check my mail and friend list etc but as soon as i try to start the game i get an error sign. Is it to do with the fact ive changed to cable?

Re: xbox CONNECTION PROBLEMS

Originally posted by lionhart17 View Post
    Hey guys ive got a connetion problem and an hoping some 1 can shed some light on it

I play FF11 on the xbox 360 and love the game so much but after getting screwed by BT broadband i changed to virgin media which is a cable company. since changing ive found that my netgear router wont work on my xbox or lap top but works fine with the ethernet cable when connected. Thing is when my xbox is connected via ethernet cable i can use xbox live fine but when i connect to play online and sign in it only lets me go to the area were i can check my mail and friend list etc but as soon as i try to start the game i get an error sign. Is it to do with the fact ive changed to cable?
    What is the error code that you get from it and the caption connected to it? On a sidenote I think you confused me @ "My netgear router won't work on my xbox or laptop but it works fine with the ethernet cable when connected." Are you saying that your netgear router is wireless and now your 360 only works with a ethernet wired connection or am I missing something?
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

sorry i mean that i can only use the internet with the ethernet cable in my laptop or xbox when i try to use it in my router i can pick up the signal but no connection. but the next time i tried to log on it told me to reinstall the game and now it works fine after a month without FF11. im just wondering if im gona need to get a different router now ive changed to cable or should it still work on my net gear router i had before? is there different kinds of router i got mine set up for me the last time so im not sure

Comment

wow, someone else in belfast? I thought i was the only one! Well anyway, ive been having the same problem as you. Ive had a few conversations with pol and virgin tech support. The game hasnt worked on virgin since the end of october, and i dont really know why. =/ So far everyone I have spoke to that uses virgin is having the same problem.
        Your only options are change ISP, connect through an http tunnel, or wait and hope they fix it (unlikely).
        Atm im connecting through a tunnel, which isnt as reliable as i'd like, but its cheaper to do that, than to pay cancellation fee's, get a bt line installed etc. So yeah, Virgin screwed us over for no reason at all, and wont admit to changing anything.. =/

Comment

So sorry to hear that! And thanks Brownst0ne for the helpful post!
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

We are few and far between my friend on a sour note after i thought i was relaxing in my mog house with my feet up it decided that it would only let me on the once to tease me then wouldnt work again then my brand new xbox decided to chew my disc which is now unreadable. help me obi won kenobi your my only hope

Comment

I'm from belfast too and i've been having the same problems with POL and virgin media, have any of you managed to resolve the problem??

Comment

Originally posted by monsterofthemash View Post
                I'm from belfast too and i've been having the same problems with POL and virgin media, have any of you managed to resolve the problem??
                Originally posted by monsterofthemash View Post
                So far everyone I have spoke to that uses virgin is having the same problem.
                Your only options are change ISP, connect through an http tunnel, or wait and hope they fix it (unlikely).
                Atm im connecting through a tunnel, which isnt as reliable as i'd like, but its cheaper to do that, than to pay cancellation fee's, get a bt line installed etc. So yeah, Virgin screwed us over for no reason at all, and wont admit to changing anything.. =/
                ^^
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Hey, just thought I'd post a quick reply to let everyone know about a piece of software I found under advice from one of the last posts. It was suggested that http tunnelling software would help me get reconnected. So i did a little searching for said software and came up with two sets of alternatives. the first is called HTTP-tunnel, basically it sends and receives all necessary information over a http connection to an outside server/computer which then forwards and receives your information over the usual connections so that POL accepts the connections. Howver my ISP (virgin media) was still putting up a fight. I have a funny feeling it wasn't allowing the connections still because of its own security measures. Therefore by employing socks software, you can encrypt the connections and virgin media allows the connections.

But I hit another snag, the connection to http-tunnel's server was unstable so my connection to POL/FFXI dropped at random times, usually anywhere between 10mins and 1hr. So I went searching again and came across ArtofPing's AutoTunnelGG, which turned out to be a little saviour piece of software. Basically AutoTunnelGG does the same thing as HTTP-tunnel, but better. It handles tcp and udp connection, but it handles multiple connections (which POL/FFXI tend to throw at you) and it encrypts them, so no need for socks software (that btw can be messy to set up if done incorrectly). when you launch POL via AutoTunnelGG it handles all the connections and there you have it. A stable connection to POL servers. You might hit one or two disconnects when you first use it, but don't let that put you off, it works and it works very well. I was able to connect for well over 6 hours (could have been a whole lot more but i fell alseep haha).

Anyway I know this thread is for xbox connections, but i play on my PC, so technically this only applies to PC connections, but i'm sure there could be some kind of work around if the xbox is connected to the internet via the pc rather than to a router or directly to the modem. Oh, the current price for a years subscription to AutotunnelGG is $15, but you also have to buy a subscription to their udp servers also which is around $5-8/month. But its well worth it if you wanna get back in the game. If the AutotunnelGG registration asks you who recommended the software put me down, my name on AutotunnelGG is dakart. I'm on the kujata server in ffxi, name is dakart also. If someone wants to turn this into a guide of some sort, please do, but dont use my post, someone re-write it cause it probably doesnt make sense.
                  Thanks, and hope this helps.
                  MonsteroftheMash - Dakart, Kujata.
                  Last edited by TheGrandMom; 01-20-2009, 07:34 PM. Reason: Sorry, made paragraphs so it was easier to read.

Comment

Ty for the info!

Comment

yep, autotunnell GG is what im using too. and 90% of the time it works perfectly everytime!
                      Anyway, have a bit of an update on the virginmedia connection itself. Now when you phone virgin, they wil say that nothing has changed in their service since the date this started happening, but someone (their name escapes me..) with this problem managed to get it raised to a tier 2 issue with their tech support, and apparently on the same day this all started happening one of virgins servers where shutdown, which was used to connect to pol. It's probably a little more techie and complicated than that, but that's the way it was explained to me.
                      But SE say they are now talking with virgin about this and trying to get it sorted out, and I know of a few people that have raised this issue now with virgin.. So hopefully it wont be too long before we can play without having to pay extra each month for autotunnel, or be able to play at all if your on 360 =/. Anyway, not holding my breath..

Comment

Thanks for the info thats great news fingers crossed that its up and running soon

Comment

Working...
                        X