Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant register or see PlayOnline Viewer

Hello all,
    Im desperately trying to start playing Final Fantasy XI with my girlfriend. Its proving to be a much more difficult task than originally expected.

I bought the 2008 edition a couple of days ago. Installed PlayOnline for the first time and it ran fine. Got through all the registration parts except for the credit card info at the end. After giving the info for my debit card I got the following error:

USC 60257

I read up on this error on other forums and what not and someone suggesting dling the EU POL viewer to register. I did that, along with some system restores due to me messing up with uninstalling the original POL Viewer. Now my current problem is....

I CANT SEE THE POL VIEWER AT ALL

When I start it up, I hear the music and see it on the task bar, but I dont see it anywhere on my desktop. I have no idea how to fix this. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times. Furthermore, I've been installing and reinstalling in different folders and partitions on my harddrive. Im guessing the only thing left would be the registry?

Can someone please help? I just want to play this freaking game.

Re: Cant register or see PlayOnline Viewer

Originally posted by Childofstrings View Post
    Hello all,
    Im desperately trying to start playing Final Fantasy XI with my girlfriend. Its proving to be a much more difficult task than originally expected.

I bought the 2008 edition a couple of days ago. Installed PlayOnline for the first time and it ran fine. Got through all the registration parts except for the credit card info at the end. After giving the info for my debit card I got the following error:

USC 60257

I read up on this error on other forums and what not and someone suggesting dling the EU POL viewer to register. I did that, along with some system restores due to me messing up with uninstalling the original POL Viewer. Now my current problem is....

I CANT SEE THE POL VIEWER AT ALL

When I start it up, I hear the music and see it on the task bar, but I dont see it anywhere on my desktop. I have no idea how to fix this. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times. Furthermore, I've been installing and reinstalling in different folders and partitions on my harddrive. Im guessing the only thing left would be the registry?

Can someone please help? I just want to play this freaking game.

you pretty much messed it up I am afraid, your going to need to uninstall POL, then reinstall the US one -.- (not the EU one)

and if you are running Vista, make sure to get the Vista POL off the FFXI website
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
      you pretty much messed it up I am afraid, your going to need to uninstall POL, then reinstall the US one -.- (not the EU one)

and if you are running Vista, make sure to get the Vista POL off the FFXI website
      I've done that though. I even tried installing on a different partition and its still doing the same thing. I'll try uninstalling it for a few days and maybe install again later I guess.

I feel like when I uninstall there are still traces of POL being left behind that corrupt further installations of it.

Comment

I've done that though. I even tried installing on a different partition and its still doing the same thing. I'll try uninstalling it for a few days and maybe install again later I guess.

I feel like when I uninstall there are still traces of POL being left behind that corrupt further installations of it.

you need to get a registry cleaner, after you uninstall it, run the reg cleaner

that should fix it

Comment

that should fix it
          Where can I find a good registry cleaner for this purpose?

Comment

Where can I find a good registry cleaner for this purpose?
            uumm honestly not to sure, but I am sure google could tell ya ;p

Comment

that should fix it
              Tried this. Ran CCleaner's Registery scanner and fixed problems with leftovers of past PlayOnline installs. Reinstalled the US version from my CD and had the same issues. I still cant see the POL viewer at all.

For anyone else who encounters this problem, Go to:

Start > Programs > Playonline > Playonline Viewer > Playonline Viewer Config

Then uncheck the box that says "Start in Windowed Mode" and press Ok. Confirm the changes and you should be good to go again!
              Last edited by Childofstrings; 11-23-2008, 08:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
              X