Problem Updating FFXI Xbox360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Updating FFXI Xbox360

Hi, im new to the game and i bougth the game on a store yesterday.
    I installed play online viewer on my XBOX360 and all where going smoothly,
    so when i install FFXI game on my console theres no problem, but when i click on PLAY to launch the game, it say that i need the last update for the game before to start playing the game, OK i said.
    I start the update, it takes like 8 hours, then when the files start downloading smoothly it stop downloading in an specific file 48.DAT file or something like that, i waited for like 2 hours and the download still was 0%, i restarted the console and tried it, and still dont work, i reinstalled all again, and it still dosnt work , right now im uninstalling it and then start all over again, and i dont know if i still will have the same problem.

So, i need help really bad because im a FFXI fanatic and im so mad abouth this, how i can deal with all this, can you guys help me out ?
    Any advice ?
    Does it happent to anyone before ?

Ill appreciate all the help i can get, Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Dmon; 03-28-2008, 08:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: Problem Updating FFXI Xbox360

Not sure why there is a issue, maybe some packets were dropped and the file 48.dat became corrupt.

Usually ffxi will scan to see if the file is correct, then continue or delete that file, and you usually don't need to uninstall and do it again. This is from the PC side, however it should fall true for the xbox side as well.

I would see if there is a "scan" files button (there is on the pc version) to see if it can scan the files and find any errors, then either it should download the right files for you after that.

Other than that, you need to re-install if that doesn't work.

If anyone knows any more about the x-box360 version, please post and help Dmon out.
    Hacked on 9/9/09
    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

The last update (the big one) took five attempts to download fully on my Xbox 360 - but my husband did his in like 20 minutes, so it's kind of hit or miss.

Is there enough room on your harddrive? (need ca. 10G)

Do you have a firewall set up? check if so I know there have been some firewall issues...

Good Luck!
      sigpic

(\ /)
      ( . . )
      C(")(")
      ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

I tried everything that you guys told me and i keep having same problem, thanks you for trying to help me, i think i will not be able to play FFXI

Comment

Working...
        X