anyone know how to fix this problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know how to fix this problem?

For the past week I have been getting disconnected every 30min. I am using road runner for my service(through the cable company) and I play ffxi on the x-box(also have a computer hooked up to the same modem). I am using a v-tech router. I have had the company check the modium 4 times and they keep saying nothing is wrong the connection through it. I have re-booted both the router and modem several times with no luck. I have changed the position of the x-box cord in the router(again with no luck). I don't have a problem getting on, just have a problem staying on without getting knocked off. The computer doesn't do it all the time but will dc every now and then. The connection problem happens reguardless if the computer is on or not. Does anyone have any ideas for what may be wrong or what may work to fix it.

the computer is a compact using windows xp(if that helps any)
    u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Re: anyone know how to fix this problem?

It would be the router. Try disconnecting your router, and plugging your xbox right into the modem, if it fixes the problem, you need a new router.
    -Baka Inu!
    Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
    Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
    Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
    Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

Working...
    X