Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everybody, I'm new to the forum.

** Warning: Long winded wall of text incoming; Reader discretion is advised.
    (I state this because, I don't want to be burned in effigy for such a long post.)

Hello there, My name is Dairuka Sutain. I'm a veteran of Pre-MMORPG, Multi User Dimensions, and MMORPG's. In fact, I have been playing them since AOL's - Dragon's Gate (1995-1996); Meridian 59 (1998-1999); Legends of Kesmai (1999-2000); and Ultima Online (1999-2000.) The list goes on, but that'd probably take up my whole post...

Anyhow, I was one of the tens of thousands of people who had originally tried Final Fantasy XI out when it first came out. Unfortunately back in the day I was sorely disappointed with it's quality in comparison to other MMORPG's (Mainly compared to Dark Age of Camelot at the time), and I had given the game up the moment my free month passed over. I never really gave it a chance, but I'm willing to now.

My female acquaintance has persuaded me into giving the game another try, as she assures me that the game has changed drastically since my last time playing. Since we agreed to buy the game, and activate our new accounts together on the same day, it will be at least another few days before I will actually make a character. Because of this, I hope that you people will be lenient with my endless questions, and lurking. I try to make it a habit to learn all I can about a game, even prior to playing it.

I can only hope that I make some friends on the forums well before I even click the installation button. That way we'll be able to judge what each server is like before we start forum-panhandling for world passes, (Please don't laugh, playing on a good server is important to me.) I personally would like to find a modestly populated server with the least amount of inflation, and gilsellers as is possible for this game. Although I can't speak for the people I associate with; cheating personally irks me off, and I dislike the idea of having to compete in bidding wars with people who paid for their Gil with real money, instead of earning it properly.

Besides that, I look forward to becoming a part of the FFXIonline community. Before you ask though, yes, I've already read the Forum Rules and the Forum Rules Update
    : : : : :_/ _/ _/ : : : : : : : : : : : :_/ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :_/ : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
    : : : :_/ : : : :_/ : : :_/ _/ _/ : : : :_/ : _/_/ : :_/: : : : :_/: _/ : : _/ : : : : _/ _/ _/
    : : :_/ : : : :_/ : _/: : : : _/ : _/ :_/:_/: : : : :_/: : : : :_/: _/ _/ : : : : :_/ : : : :_/
    : :_/ : : : :_/ : _/ : : : :_/ : _/ :_/: : : : : : :_/: : : : :_/: _/ : :_/ : : :_/ : : : : _/
    :_/ _/ _/ : : : :_/ _/ _/ : _/ :_/: : : : : : : :_/ _/ _/ : _/ : : : : _/ : : _/ _/ _/ :

Re: Hello everybody, I'm new to the forum.

Welcome! Nice to see you're willing to give the game another chance. Personally, I think it's worth it.

Most servers are pretty similar economy-wise, although there are a few that stand out as being particularly high (Asura, Fairy, possibly Midgardsormr), but for the most part, the folks you'll meet here, regardless of server, will be helpful and friendly. If you have any specific questions or concerns, ask away!

Comment

Simply enough, the only question I really have is something that I don't really want to post in a seperate thread, as there seem to be already hundreds of them already on the All Servers Conference Hall forum.

So, I guess I'll just post it here.

What server has the least inflation? I've been doing a lot of research on the subject, because my female friend is going to be playing a Ninja as her main class... Because of this shes particularly worried about the cost of gear getting way out of hand due to gilsellers, so a server with low inflation would be key. Any help or input would be very appreciated. =)

: : : : :_/ _/ _/ : : : : : : : : : : : :_/ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :_/ : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
      : : : :_/ : : : :_/ : : :_/ _/ _/ : : : :_/ : _/_/ : :_/: : : : :_/: _/ : : _/ : : : : _/ _/ _/
      : : :_/ : : : :_/ : _/: : : : _/ : _/ :_/:_/: : : : :_/: : : : :_/: _/ _/ : : : : :_/ : : : :_/
      : :_/ : : : :_/ : _/ : : : :_/ : _/ :_/: : : : : : :_/: : : : :_/: _/ : :_/ : : :_/ : : : : _/
      :_/ _/ _/ : : : :_/ _/ _/ : _/ :_/: : : : : : : :_/ _/ _/ : _/ : : : : _/ : : _/ _/ _/ :

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
        Simply enough, the only question I really have is something that I don't really want to post in a seperate thread, as there seem to be already hundreds of them already on the All Servers Conference Hall forum.

So, I guess I'll just post it here.

What server has the least inflation? I've been doing a lot of research on the subject, because my female friend is going to be playing a Ninja as her main class... Because of this shes particularly worried about the cost of gear getting way out of hand due to gilsellers, so a server with low inflation would be key. Any help or input would be very appreciated. =)

Again, they'll probably all be about the same. NIN (and RNG) as your first job going past 30 is going to be hard to fund no matter what server you're on, unless you take the time to level some crafts to make most of you're own tools. Then of course, starting a craft can be expensive in itself as well.

The problem isn't inflation which pretty much hits all items keeping them relatively unchanged in worth, but the items that increase in price at a pace that is higher then the servers natural inflationary pressures.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Very nice post, and feel free to contact me for any advice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron
            Again, they'll probably all be about the same. NIN (and RNG) as your first job going past 30 is going to be hard to fund no matter what server you're on, unless you take the time to level some crafts to make most of you're own tools. Then of course, starting a craft can be expensive in itself as well.

The problem isn't inflation which pretty much hits all items keeping them relatively unchanged in worth, but the items that increase in price at a pace that is higher then the servers natural inflationary pressures.
            Thank you for the insight into how economics play in FFXI, it's very appreciated.

Normally I'd attribute high inflation to overpopulation, which I'm sure still happens here, but mainly I'm trying to avoid high inflation because I'm logically assuming that it would have to do with the number of gilsellers on the server.

The benefit towards outfitting my friend's future ninja is a serious thought to consider though. She may just go Monk with her new account since my other friend is going to make a Paladin to be our tank, and we'll need a DD'er. Naturally I'm going to be the support. Depending on what they'd rather have, I'm either going to be a RDM, a BRD, or a WHM my first time back.

On a side note: I'll be playing on the first of June, because one of my friends is reactivating his account, and doesn't want to pay extra for only five days of play... so, I guess you'll see a lot of me until then. =P
            Last edited by Dairuka; 05-26-2006, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Hello and Welcome. For servers with a good economy I'm not too sure. I'm from the Asura server, which has bad inflation. It's not as bad now as it was a few months ago but still..... . For help with the Nin tools, you might find youself in a Linkshell where the crafters within it could help you out. Also look into some of the crafting forums to see what tools can be crafted and which guild might interest you.

Comment

Working...
              X