X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New Player...

Hi all.

Just thought I'd introduce myself here, since I've been lurking around the past couple days anonymously, reading up on the game. I'm a long time player of MMO's, and most recently WoW and then Auto Assault. Burnt myself out on the grind in WoW, found content lacking in AA, and I'm here in hopes that Vana'Diel (god I hope I spelled that right) will be a nice home for a bit while I await this Fall's big MMOs (Conan, Spellborn, etc) and the Wii (CANNOT wait for that little system).

Any serious tips for starting out would be much appreciated.

Later today, I'll be playing as Bildo, a Galkaan MNK on Carbuncle. Nice to meet you all.

Re: Brand New Player...

Welcome to FFXIOnline! We hope you enjoy your stay, and that you enjoy adventuring in Vana'diel as much as we do.

General overview of FFXI:
    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...must.read.html

Specific hints for new players - learning the ropes:
    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...lz.sticky.html

If you have more specific questions, feel free to post them in the appropriate forum here (job-specific, craft-specific, server-specific, etc.), and as always, you can use the Search function located at the top of this page to do a keyword search for items which interest you.

Icemage

Comment

Awesome, and thanks Icemage! I can't believe I missed those stickies over the past couple days.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Although, if you burnt yourself out on WoW, be prepared to enter an inferno.

Comment

It'll at least be something new for a while. The same instances over and over in WoW got old. At the very least, for me this is something different. Even if I only get a month or 2 out of it, you can't beat the 20 bucks the game cost.

Comment

Welcome to FFXI.

It's a new adventure for you, so everything will be fun at first. Like any mmorpg, there's a degree of grinding involved.

Don't let the speed of leveling up in crafting bother you. It's about 1/100 the speed of leveling a craft in WoW, but still has it's benefits.

There's a much better feel of community in FFXI so jump right in and start working the chat. You will find many helpful people playing the game and if you see an M by their name they are supposed to be a "Mentor" and try to be even more helpful. Just don't ask anyone for advice if they are in a party or xp'ing.

Have fun adventurer!
            FFXI: 75 PLD/37 War/32 WHM/30 BLM/28 NIN/14 RNG/10 SAM/8 BST
            Server: Kujata
            Race: Elvaan

Japanese Proverb: Fall seven times, stand up eight.

Comment

Working...
            X