Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoiler Protection and Reputation Points.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spoiler Protection and Reputation Points.

Well, I assumed that, but they act seperately.

Reputation would stem from rep ups, but where does Rep Power come from?
    The Knight of Faith resigns the dream, only to believe it.

Many tanks to Trita/Tagi for the signature.

Comment

dunno

Comment

Rep power, I think, depends on several things: Your number of posts, the length of time you were here (I think for every year you are here you get 1 rep power, not sure) and the number of reputation points you actually have. I know you get 1 rep power for every 50 posts, and I'm also pretty sure about the 1 year thing, but I don't know how the number of reputation points affects it. Might be every 100 rep points = 1 more rep power.

So,
        # Years here x 1 = ___ rep power A
        # Reputation points / 100 = ___ rep power B
        # Posts / 50 = ___ rep power C

RPA + RPB + RPC = Total rep power. I think that's how the formula works. We had reputation similar to this at another forum I frequent and if I recall correctly that's how it works and I think it is the same here.

However, I could be wrong, so if a mod or admin knows for sure and wants to correct me, feel free.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Shopee
          Well, I assumed that, but they act seperately.

Reputation would stem from rep ups, but where does Rep Power come from?
          Listen to Aksannyi. She pretty much has it right. You get rep power from posts, and also from time on the forums, or something.

You make very sensible, well-thought-out posts, and it's likely that a fair number of folks have given you a rate up (I know I have), which you can see via your User Control Panel. So that's likely the reason for your double block.

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi
            Rep power, I think, depends on several things: Your number of posts, the length of time you were here (I think for every year you are here you get 1 rep power, not sure) and the number of reputation points you actually have. I know you get 1 rep power for every 50 posts, and I'm also pretty sure about the 1 year thing, but I don't know how the number of reputation points affects it. Might be every 100 rep points = 1 more rep power.

So,
            # Years here x 1 = ___ rep power A
            # Reputation points / 100 = ___ rep power B
            # Posts / 50 = ___ rep power C

RPA + RPB + RPC = Total rep power. I think that's how the formula works. We had reputation similar to this at another forum I frequent and if I recall correctly that's how it works and I think it is the same here.

However, I could be wrong, so if a mod or admin knows for sure and wants to correct me, feel free.
            This would make a lot of sense. Regardless of whether or not it is a perfect description of the formulae, it's enough to sate my curiosity.

Thanks for your time and your help!
            The Knight of Faith resigns the dream, only to believe it.

Many tanks to Trita/Tagi for the signature.

Comment

i'm pretty sure you get a rep point for every 100 post, not 50, but yeah. Also, if your overall "Rep Points" (the one on your user page) fall under 10, you have 0 rep power until it goes back over 10.

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't sure about all the intricacies of it, but I knew it was something like that. They should write the formula down somewhere and sticky it or something.
                sigpic

Comment

Is there a way to dispute reputation received?
                  Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
                  I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggai
                    Is there a way to dispute reputation received?
                    QFT. I want to dispute some of my negative rep. Or atleast hand back what was served.
                    Hacked on 9/9/09
                    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

not "officially." PiNG does give rep resets once in a while.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I had no idea how rep points worked until I read this thread. All I know is I've been a member of these forums since 2003, and averaged more than 1 post per day, even though I've barely posted in the last year. Last time I posted, maybe 2 weeks ago, my rep power was 14 or 16- can't remember. Today it is -3.

If this is supposed to help the community, it shouldn't work so that one person can abuse the system under a cloud of anonymity to make another look bad.

If a Moderator sees this post, please PM me, as I would really like an explanation, and clarification.

Thanks.
                        FFXIV: ARR - Leviathan Server - 50 Bard, 47 Dragoon, 50 All crafts, 48 Botany, 48 Miner
                        FFXI: Shiva Server

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast
                          QFT. I want to dispute some of my negative rep. Or atleast hand back what was served.
                          You know, on another VB forum I go to (before the admins decided to remove the reputation option all together) they allowed you to see who gave you the reputation points, whether negative or positive, so you could repay them, or give them back what they deserved.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thats actually what Ping was trying to avoid. Then you have these huge wars, where people keep reducing reps over and over until everyone has 0 rep. I sign any rep changes I make though.
                            I'm not sure, but it may be one of the things changing when Ping updates the site this weekend.
                            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Working...
                            X