Where is our Quote Selected Button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where is our Quote Selected Button?

But you just said you were not experiencing this problem ...
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Oh. I didn't read that part it seems. I thought you were all complaining about the pop ups. Well then. Yep... I am. In full force.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

So for you, it doesn't pop up the window asking whether you want to leave or stay on the page, it acts normally other than double posting?

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

AJAX disabled ...

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Yet I still have a quick reply box?

Comment

Pop up, No. Double posts, Yes.

The doubles don't seem to happen all the time. Roughly 75% I'd say... and from what I can tell it doesn't matter where I'm posting.

At first it seemed as though the Off Topic section was unaffected... but that has to be a fluke.

Comment

Test, test.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Ok, it seems it's gone. (Along with Quick Edit.)
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Oh, right. It was QE not QR that's tied to AJAX.

Comment

This all seems like an elaborate ruse to increase post counts.
                Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                Name: Drjones
                Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

If quick edit must be sacrificed to make this stop... I'm ok with that.

Comment

Boo. Quick edit is such a better feature. You guys should get with the BG admins and find out what version they use, their shit works perfectly lol.

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

The site is slower too. The quick reply (when it worked properly after you changed it) would load quickly then add the post. Now it refreshes the page when you add the quick reply. I thought it was annoying (before) but I didn't know if anyone else was experiencing it. I don't know if you can fix that. When I was double posting and it did the merge thing, it worked perfectly, it wouldn't refresh the page to add more to my post. Now it's doing that again.

I don't know if you guys can fix it at all. It used to run so smooth but even thanking someone now refreshes the page which is very annoying to me.
                    sigpic
                    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Yea it does. It used to load right onto the page like a flash type of program. -Sighs.-

Well, there are many 1's and 0's to sort through so it could take them some time. XD

Comment

Updating page content without refreshing is what AJAX does. The version of the script that shipped with the version of vBulletin we're using has a line in it that causes that annoying "leave page" dialog to appear along with the double post problems we were having yesterday. To disable that would most likely be possible if PiNG is able to remove a line of code from the javascript. I just haven't contacted him about it because 1) I don't like to bother him unless it's really important and 2) I am pretty lazy. I'll bring it up to him later today.

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                          I don't know if you guys can fix it at all. It used to run so smooth but even thanking someone now refreshes the page which is very annoying to me.
                          Th issue was the previous iteration of the boards had massive exploit holes in them and PiNG did say that he had wanted to update the boards for a very long time now. BG uses a slightly older board, 4.0.6, and apparently the service itself was sold to another company? It's no longer vBulletin Solutions, Inc. but Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd. That might have something to do with it.

More than you ever want to know about a bulletin board creator

Of particular note:

On 22 July 2010 the BBC reported that there was a serious flaw in vBulletin software that allows anyone to easily access the database username and password.
                          Anyway, there's bound to be structural changes from 4.0.6 to whatever it is now along with hundreds of bug fixes (but potentially new ones as well) You guys need to get off PiNG's back because this isn't something he can control. Bitch at the company responsible for this service.

Comment

Working...
                          X