Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Site has malware?

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
    Wow, good eye. What warcraft icon though?
    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/com...tml#post827959

That was yesterday at around 9:30 am EST. I saw it about the same time the day before that as well.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I can't see the image in that post. I had to go to edit it and pull the url from there. I've never seen that but that is indeed disturbing.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I'm looking into this matter right now, i see the picture that Mahurron linked , i'm gonna go ahead and do a site wide scan make sure there was no breach of security during last few days and check for any thing that's suspecious. Site will be down during the time.

Comment

wondering, anyone can tell me on which thread/s did that icon come up on?

Comment

It was right on the Final Fantasy XI :: Dreams in Vana'diel :: Community - Powered by vBulletin page when I saw it, not any specific thread.
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
              First, that damn warcraft icon that's popped up over the past few days.

However, more specifically, think back a few weeks to when there was that little spam for whatever that online money was. There were two or three threads about it under new posts, all starting with 'someone' asking about the 360 version of FFXI. All three initial posts in the threads were dated 2007. Two of the threads had responses by the time I saw them and those posts were dated correctly in 2009 to be new posts, but there was a thread with just the initial post that was dated 2007 even though it was on the latest 7 posts.

It looked like the first posts had been planted with an old date to look legitimate while still being a place to post the actual followup spam.

It could be nothing, but it just looked very odd to me.
              Those "webmoney" posts did look suspicious to me, which was why I called attention to them when they came up. Some dude just bumped old threads spamming about where webmoney could be sold.

Webmoney isn't a common term to throw around here. It might be if you were on a Japanese site, but this isn't a japanese site. Talking about webmoney here is about as casual as some guy knocking on your door and telling you "I just happened to be reading The Watchtower." Meaning, there's nothing casual about it.

This might be worth looking into.

Comment

Working...
              X