503 errors, broken pages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 503 errors, broken pages.

Posting on the behalf of Yellow Mage, who seems to be getting broken pages and 503 error messages, and who also asked me to bring this to the Mods'/Admins' attention.

Re: 503 errors, broken pages.

It's on purpose so he can't post.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Anti-thanks programing.

Comment

It's not me this time.

Comment

Gee, guys, thanks for the love. I would "Thank" you, but it must be that "Anti-Thanks technology" Murphie was referring to.

Seriously, I'm trying to post here on a page that looks like it was coded by a really smart five-year-old. Could somebody take this seriously and help me out, because I doubt I'm the only one with this problem. (Even though it DOES appear that nobody else is having it . . . )
          Last edited by Yellow Mage; 03-11-2008, 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Originally posted by Armando
          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
          Matthew 16:15

Comment

Specs? Browser?

A 503 error might be your ISP's fault, that or the website is getting more visits than it can handle, which doesnt seem likely.

Are you still having problems at this time?
            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Yes. Very much so. In fact, I'm considering myself lucky I'm able to get to this thread at all.

The specs on my computer have not changed at all for the past I don't know how long, and DiV was working just fine before (and so is every other website I visit perfectly normal, even right now when DiV doesn't seem that way to me). Neither has my browser (Firefox); this was just a thing that just started happening all of a sudden about the day before yesterday.
              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
              Matthew 16:15

Comment

If possible give your ISP a call ask them if they are having the same problems, if you could also get a hold of someone who uses the same ISP as you and ask them if they experience the same problems, that'd help.

It really seems like an ISP problem, its usually temporary...

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                  Gee, guys, thanks for the love. I would "Thank" you, but it must be that "Anti-Thanks technology" Murphie was referring to.

Seriously, I'm trying to post here on a page that looks like it was coded by a really smart five-year-old. Could somebody take this seriously and help me out, because I doubt I'm the only one with this problem. (Even though it DOES appear that nobody else is having it . . . )

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                    Yes. Very much so. In fact, I'm considering myself lucky I'm able to get to this thread at all.

The specs on my computer have not changed at all for the past I don't know how long, and DiV was working just fine before (and so is every other website I visit perfectly normal, even right now when DiV doesn't seem that way to me). Neither has my browser (Firefox); this was just a thing that just started happening all of a sudden about the day before yesterday.
                    I know this may sound shocking, but you might want to try IE or any number of other browsers to see if you're encountering the same issues there as well.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he might have tried that already.

Comment

503 is a status code returned by Apache (which is the web server this site utilizes).

To fully figure out the problem the logs on the server would need to be examined as it would have more information as to what caused the error and such.
                        Silentwolf

Comment

Look at the dates before you post. While the information may have been helpful (it wouldn't) 2 weeks ago, it definitely isn't now.

Also, it isn't just the hosting server that could generate that 5xx error, and the status code is not limited to Apache.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Yes, I saw the dates but decided to post anyway. 503 can include Tomcat, Lighttpd, many others.

This thread was sent to me in an email and this was the first chance I got to reply so personally didn't see a problem in replying a week or so after..

I've also seen Google Accelerator cause 503 errors due to its actions.

If you have some helpful answer yourself, please post as I've seen the 503 error myself recently and would like to know what's causing it. It could just been a problem in Apache, one of the modules acting up, numerous things. I was just trying to give a little insight on what it could be.
                            Last edited by ban; 03-25-2008, 10:47 AM.
                            Silentwolf

Comment

Originally posted by ban View Post
                              Yes, I saw the dates but decided to post anyway. 503 can include Tomcat, Lighttpd, many others.
                              HTTP errors are just as standard as HTTP itself. Every HTTP server should be able to return these status codes.

If you have some helpful answer yourself, please post as I've seen the 503 error myself recently and would like to know what's causing it. It could just been a problem in Apache, one of the modules acting up, numerous things. I was just trying to give a little insight on what it could be.
                              If the site was messing up, everyone would see it. Server busy is returned as a 500 error and Apache correctly sends that, so it's not that. 503 is Service unavailable. What service it is talking about is quite obviously not the server the site runs on (again, everyone would see it) so most likely, the problem is your ISP.

To keep load down (they often pay their provider by the MB) ISP's of any decent size will often implement a proxy system. Guess what happens when that system is busy. Also, any brief hiccup in the target site may be cached for a period of time.

loose

Comment

Working...
                              X