Report PM spam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report PM spam?

Is there a specific way to report a user for Private Message spam? (At least, I would call it spam. A second PM plugging his forums in, I think, less than a month, and I'm sure I'm not the only one getting these PMs.)

Double Post Edited:
    On a related note, will adding someone to my Ignore List stop PMs from them?
    Last edited by Ellipses; 07-26-2006, 10:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Re: Report PM spam?

I didn't get any spam PMs. You're always the lucky one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses
      Is there a specific way to report a user for Private Message spam? (At least, I would call it spam. A second PM plugging his forums in, I think, less than a month, and I'm sure I'm not the only one getting these PMs.)

Double Post Edited:
      On a related note, will adding someone to my Ignore List stop PMs from them?
      I get these as well, same person in one month that plugs his FFXI site via PM's and I would most certainly want to know how to report this somehow.
      Keep in mind, sig might be outdated I just update it a few times per week.
      Signature with the usual levels and obtained stuff etc. . .

Comment

I got one too, by a person called Dark Cloud

I will live, and die by the Sword

Comment

I think i have been getting the same Pm's that you guys have, not sure though as i have gotten a couple of diffrent ones.

Originally posted by ValisOfValefor
          Thats the most recent one.
          I fire up the grill.

Lighter fluid, lighter fluid, lighter fluid.

[GM]Dave>> FIRAGA III!!!

I pretend not to notice Susan shaking her head as I throw the match

Originally posted by Mog
          holy shit, apparently crazy is contageous. I turned his brain into the mind of a bulldog! nOO!!

Comment

Originally posted by ValisOfValefor
            That would be the same person I get these PMs from yes.
            Keep in mind, sig might be outdated I just update it a few times per week.
            Signature with the usual levels and obtained stuff etc. . .

Comment

I have reported it in the past to a mod when I received one and I think that person was banned.

Comment

Just let an Active Moderator know about it and we'll track them. We are already aware of Dark Cloud and him spamming his website, very tasteless method to promote his site. Marking this thread down to let the rest of the moderators know about this.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Yeah, that's the guy. I wasn't going to name names until I heard what the reporting procedure should be. I can't imagine the procedure is "Call the spammer out on the public forums and/or make fun of their username and/or what's listed as their occupation" but if it is, that's frickin' sweet.
                  Ellipses on Fenrir
                  There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                  . . .

Comment

Thank You Macht for explaining that, im still kinda new, and didn't really know what to do

I will live, and die by the Sword

Comment

Yeah, that's the guy. I wasn't going to name names until I heard what the reporting procedure should be. I can't imagine the procedure is "Call the spammer out on the public forums and/or make fun of their username and/or what's listed as their occupation" but if it is, that's frickin' sweet.
                      No, don't do that. Just send us a PM that's good enough. If Threads start popping up targeting other members we will close them, this one just didn't start out that way. I have been considering weather to close or not since it is starting to go that way.

Also in Dark Clouds case he had already been warned kindly before, apparently he doesn't believe we are aware of it. So I felt this as next step, proving we are watching him.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

i also got a PM from him today..

i told him i'm happy here

Comment

Figures, I see this thread and think "lucky me", next time I come back I have a PM..

Seriously, he's only made two posts, one bragging about how much better his site's RPG system is, and another saying "lol that's what I was thinking" or something.

If someone like Aelathir wants to promote an outside site, i'm fine with that, but blatent PM spamming and contributing NOTHING? If these were my forums...

Comment

That's not really the ideal method, no. ^^ This seems to be a pretty rare thing though. I think it's all attributable to this one person. PMing the mod is probably the prudent thing to do, with a copy of the PM attached. PMs are kindof an odd exception since not only can you not report them but mods can't even see them normally. Because of that, we had no idea what the scope of the problem was. I didn't know anyone had gotten a second round of messages, for instance.

I think someone on the mod team already PMed Dark Cloud asking him to stop sending soliciting PMs. If not, someone will. If he doesn't oblige politely we'll just get Jormy to make a little snack of him PMing arm. ^^ Let us know if you get another one like that.
                            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

i had sent him a PM to stop on July 18th. Apparently, it's Jormy time...

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Working...
                              X