Posts dissapearing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posts dissapearing.

Its' happened 3 or 4 times now, which makes me think it's probably not a glitch, and ironically enough, it seems to ONLY happen with my larger posts. Something like "Lol I agree entirely, that's ........" never vanishes.

But when I type up a huge expose of all the advantages of, say, TParty, with the argument that FFXI should introduce a similar function to tparty into the game itself, I post it, thread loads up, post is there.

I leave the thread and come back five minutes later, and the post is gone.

Now, is this

A. a mod finding some of my larger posts offensive and deleting them without telling me?
    B. another player finding my larger posts offensive and deleting them through some money function?
    C. a server error that erases posts over ten thousand characters in length?

I'm not finding an excessive number of rate-downs, infact I only have one rate down in my entire history. So it's kidna stumping me where my posts are farting off to.

I"ve lost one about TParty, one that was a slightly-off-topic anecdote about mistelling while fishing, two about whitemage DD (re-posted the same post twice when the first one vanished, second one poofed too), and I think another one that I can't remember what the subject was.

Yes, it was inspired by the Simpsons
    If you know how to download and use VRS, I am interested in being tutored.
    *There is a high likelihood anyone who tutors me will recieve mucho artses*

Re: Posts dissapearing.

B. is not possible

A. is unlikely, but can you specificly tell me (link to) which threads you have posted replies to that you say are gone. we can see history on a thread so if someone deleted something, it'll say so.

C. Is probable. The forum does not like excessively large posts.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...g.stuff-4.html

There ought to be two posts in this thread, the first one (smaller) was a bit garbled. Murphy or someone misunderstood the point I was getting at, so I made a second, larger post to clarify. It WAS on page 5 before it poofed.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...h.damn.mt.html

This one might've vanished off page 2

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/whi...meat-tank.html

Was refrencing the DD thread from same forum, I think. Fairly recent posting after the thread appeared, probably 2nd or 3rd on the list. This is where I re-posted, new posting was much farther down the list, 8th or so. BY the time the seocnd post was made, everything i had to say had already been said so I never posted a third.

And the other one, like I mentioned, I haven't remembered what it was. Maybe I was miscounting.

Comment

well, I don't see any mod deleting the stuff so I think option C happened. I'll mention it to Akosygin and PiNG to see if the DB needs a swift kick.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Lol, thanks. I was wondering if I'd picked up a pet troll somewhere along the line, a la allakazam.

Comment

Disagreeing with you isn't the same as not understanding your post. I just thought I'd point that out. I understood your point quite well. I just didn't come to the same conclusion about the issue that you did.

But NT is right. It's probably some server burp that caused your other posts to disappear. :/

Comment

I checked up on it, and it looks like a glitch. But I cannot consistently reproduce it, that is the problem.
              Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
              X