Image cache mix-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image cache mix-up?

Occasionally, some of the images on the site will swap around with user icons and smilies and such. For example, a few minutes ago, the "Add to Rep" button was replaced with Mog's icon, and the "Report Post" button was replaced with Balfree's. The URL to these images hadn't changed (e.g., http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/ffx...eputation.gif), but any request for that would return the user icons. It usually takes a few minutes to clear up.

I haven't had a chance to catch it and clear my cache to see if it's on this side somehow, but this is the only site it happens on.
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Re: Image cache mix-up?

What browser are you using. It's more likely that its simply a rendering problem.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Firefox. When it happens, it happens across-the-board. I can open tons of threads, refresh several times, load the images on their own, and it'll all be the same set of swapped images for about ten minutes.
      Ellipses on Fenrir
      There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
      . . .

Comment

happens to me, also firefox.

Comment

Ya I figured it was going to be Firefox, blame Gecko. The problem is harmless though.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Well, yeah, it's not like this problem killed my grandmother or anything. Just that this is the only site I've ever had it happen to, so I thought maybe there'd be something more to it that Konqueror not being an option at work.
            Ellipses on Fenrir
            . . .

Comment

It happens to me pretty frequently too. For a while I thought that someone was playing around with the site, but I quickly figured out that no one else was saying anything, so it was best if I didn't either.

Comment

i use firefox and i pratically live in these forums, never happened to me o.o;
                signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Maybe mods get some sort of super-secret caching mechanism?

I swear I'm not making it up!

Or crazy.
                  Ellipses on Fenrir
                  . . .

Comment

I've seen this as well. Its really odd, and sometimes likes to stretch the forums. The whole avatar/info box becomes bout 1/2 my screen.

San d'Oria 8-2 :: ZM14 :: PM Storms of Fate :: ToAU 15
                    Want an Optical Hat? 1M (Your cluster) / 2.5M (Cluster suplied). /tell Cesario, Firedevil, or Duong. (Siren)

Comment

Happened to me as well. The page by the date of the post was replaced by Mhurron's weird box thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X