This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion

There are way too many forums at this site.

Returning players forum and Optimization forum are worthless. Merge them with the general forum. Look at it this way, if you have a forum for everything imaginable, what goes in the gneral forum?

Items Q + A is worthless. Any item discussion either goes in the job forums for the jobs concerned or in the crafting forums.

World area Q + A, that sounds like general forum stuff for me. It hardly ever gets used anyway.

Missions and Quests Q + A. That should be one forum, not two. Merge them.

Mining and Digging Q + A...ok this is a joke. For one they are crafts, not Q + A's. Two, what about harvesting and logging? How about one forum forum for Logging Digging Harvesting and Mining in the crafting section.

Party Ettiquete and Fighting Tactics??? General forum.

Extra Acticitys Forums can be combined into two Topics. Leave the In-Game Screenshots alone, merge the other five forums into one and call it FFXI Media.

Server forums are perfect except for the All Server forum. Why isn't that the same as general forum? What is the difference? Nothing. Merge them.

General Topics area...another joke right? Merge them all into one forum and call it: Off Topic. Change it's parent forum to the main area.

Merge all the News forums into one. They are hardly used anyway.

Other than that the forums are great. And other than the forums being laid out like a communist beaurcracy with magistrates and deptartments for every aspect of life, the site is excellent.

Re: Suggestion

Comment from the admins?

Comment

The reason its laid out that way is to make it easier to find what you are looking for based on the subject matter and to keep the posts to the point of teh subject. having everything liek that in a general forum means its all bunched together and you have to scroll through alot of topic headings until you can find the one you want.

Yes there may be less posts to these, but at elast it helps find the information quicker.

Comment

Jarre hit the nail on the head. If you want to try and find some information, its easier to limit it down if you know what type of info you're looking for. Besides, they're already created, whats the harm in keeping them.
        And how are mining and logging a craft? An activity, but in no way a craft. There is no guild, and you're just as good at mining on your first trip as your 589 billionth.
        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Wait wait, actually, the forums sections are still work in progress, i don't have much time during weekdays to be adjusting things, everything will be cleaned up by the weekend. And also have plans to make searching easier.

It's always being discussed in the secret lounge

Also, i'm not sure if newer users are aware, but the forums are collapseable if you think the list is too long.

individual members have their own settings, it gets automatically saved for next time you visit.

There are actually quite a few customizable settings, such as, disable signatures, disable avatars, disable forum views, merge all forums into one, etc, it's never been announced before, but all the settings are there, it'll be cleaned up, and noted as an announcement after everything is done.

Double Post Edited:
          Obvious forums will be merged, but most things will stay how it used to be, there is about 2-3 forums that need merging. Merging any others will mix most of our information up, and probably not worth it to merge them at this point, (search index will also need to be re-indexed when we get a chance). We'll figure something out to better organize, until than, try to get by with what's set at moment. Things will get moved accordingly
          Last edited by PiNG; 05-10-2006, 12:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks for the response. I didn't know I could collapse forums. I will tr and figure it out now. Thanks.

Comment

I love the way the forums are set up makes it so much easier to look throught what I want without haveing to look at tons of posts that arent what Im looking for. I say the more forums the better because the more specific they are then less time searching and more time reading.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Overall, I LOVE the design for these forums. It very diversified and it is easy to navigate.

Comment

Originally posted by PiNG
                  blah blah blah... And also have plans to make searching easier... blah blah blah
                  I just pooped myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X