Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How the heck does this rep system work?

Rones is now a rep titan.
    Let's try not to abuse this too much, shall we?
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

wahahaahahahah. how wrong.
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
        Rones is now a rep titan.
        Let's try not to abuse this too much, shall we?
        I think the main abuse would be people passing gil back and forth between themselves. Giving out regular gil though takes a long time to build up from posts and the bank. I had been saving for a very long time. I'll stop now and see if Ping wants to change this.

Now if people would just make more use of the 'rate post' option. So many people just sitting around with default rep.
        Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

lmao. the rep system in ff11 needs to be changed. people should be able to donate, but it shouldn't effect your rep points.

Comment

Originally posted by arcadia9
            lmao. the rep system in ff11 needs to be changed.
            You really want to be the poorest member don't you? Maybe I should give up making you rich. (he just gave away the money I gave him).

Yeah, it needs some work. I think some rep should be given for donations, but not 10% or the bank interest needs to be removed. The combination of both makes it very easy to save and then buy massive rep. 1% rep points for donations might be about right.

Comment

well after i obtained -1655 gil, my ultimate goal is to become the poorest member .

wahahaha 78 rep power

Comment

What I still don't get is the green dots. For the most part they make sense, except for someone like Macht. He has 38 rep power, and over 3k posts in 3 years. So his rep should be up there. Yet he still only has one green dot. Dangit, where's Ping to explain this when ya need him?
                I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

cas, don't pay attention to the green dots, or the rep power number LOL. they don't mean squat.

example? Rones donated a certain amount of money, and his rep power went up to a godly amount of 78 and his title is a jewel. Hell, I donated 5k and I went up to 6 bars. WTF

Since we discovered this loophole, there are other people who have probably been donating money and discovered this long before we have. So there's nothing saying that people haven't been doing thislong ago in order to obtain a certain rep/number of bars.

Comment

Oh I know. I caught the donating thing a long time ago, but the green dot doesn't seem to always work the same way as everything else.
                    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I doubt many people have discovered the donating thing until now. How often do you donate money or pay attention to your rep?

Caspian, your rep points (green dots) are just one of the things that add up to get your rep power number. Macht's rep power comes almost entirely from post count. His rep points are still low because he hasn't donated money and hasn't gotten rated up much.

We figured out the formula earlier.
                      int(postCount/100) + int(repPoints/100) + int(yearsAsMember) = repPower

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
                        Oh I know. I caught the donating thing a long time ago, but the green dot doesn't seem to always work the same way as everything else.
                        The green dot is a scale for your reputation amount you can view under "my settings" -> "user control panel". For example, 100 rep = 2 green dots, 200 rep = 3 green dots, etc. (those are just examples). The green dots are totally unrelated to reputation power. Rep power is the stength of your rate up/downs for user posts. For example, if I rate someone it gives them 78 reputation (my current rep power). Part of your rep power is based on your total reputation though.

Comment

I'm rich, bitch! Quite the contrary of before Seems that someone out there wants me to become rich, but I don't know who >.>

Notice that eveyone's green-bars went down to 2? We'll all becom famous soon enough hahah

Comment

Yup. PiNG seems to have reset our rep points to 100 and given us some money to compensate, though in Rones's case it couldn't possibly be as much as he paid. ^^

Comment

wahahaha, I'm still trying to figure out how much he donated to obtain 78 rep power

Comment

Sorry, The bug is fixed... Changed the whole formula so there's no formula... -.-;

Comment

Working...
                                X