This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Before locking up threads ...

honestly jihad has been beatin to death, an it honestly has no meaning. its been brought in the mainstream as nothing more then a cheap punchline, an the newest slang word. i was brought up in a catholic school for 7 years (1st grade to 7th grade). we were always told " dont use the Lords names in vain". "dont curse using Gods name". blah blah blah,. nowadays its common to hear it as nothing more then slang. jesus f'in christ, ohh my f'in god. an so on. so what since i was brought up in a catholic setting. should the next thread be closed because i see ""OMFG"".

its sad what jihad once stood for. now its refrenced to terrorists an only that. nows its moved on to nothing more then a cheap punchline.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

omg look what I started ...

I just wanted to make sure no one was trigger happy with the "Thread Lock" button. I was in some fansite and some mods were obviously biased for or against individuals (Due to the competitive nature of opposing end game shells or for personal reason) Threads would get locked down for no reason after a while, which gave no reason for anyone wanting to post.

Eventually that fansite's popularity died out and no one came by to post. It was tragic, since I thought we had a good and tight-knit group of people in the community (roughly 1,100 registered members)

Although if you want a forum infested with drama between members and admin, you can look at KI for pointers...

Comment

Good to see the "Super Mods" learned to curb their previous abuse of powers.

I really fail to see why a thread that's one day old can be seen as having, "gone on long enough" or why after it's locked TGM felt it was necessary to unlock it just to tell someone to, "STFU" regardless of the disclaimer on the end. Once you realised the thread was closed you should have just deleted your post and left it as it was as and maintained some level of expected neutrality.

A forum is a place for debate and sharing of information, not the force-feeding of your values upon people either by direct comment or censorship. Granted there will be instances where posts will need to be deleted and censored due to extreme content but this latest example is just another case of someone not agreeing with a mod's personal view being slapped down.

Comment

Augh, not this again. TGM was composing her reply before the thread was locked. Once the deed was done, there was really no point in going back and deleting it.

I appreciate that you recognize your own failure to understand why the thread was locked. That having been said, why are we even talking about this?
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Because, apparently, the separation of church and state applies to internet forums too. Or rather separation of church and everything not directly church related.

It was closed b/c it turned into multiple people giving the OP shit for posting it. Then an ignorant attack on Taskmage. How was the quote from the Bible determined to be force-feeding of values? That I still don't understand.
            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
              I appreciate that you recognize your own failure to understand why the thread was locked. That having been said, why are we even talking about this?
              Nowhere in my post do I say I don't understand why the thread was locked so I suggest you improve your reading comprehension.

I'm talking about this because once again a mod has enforced their opinion on a thread and then it's been locked. If you're unable to maintain neutrality whilst moderating then at least understand that people may have opposing views to your own and that they may actually be valid.

Caspian, a poster made a comment towards a mod and the following three posts were telling him to shut up, the thread being locked, then re-opened in order to tell him to STFU. I think that ranks pretty highly on the ignorance scale when you take in to account the non-abusive nature of the initial post.

Comment

grizzlebeard, if you have a bug up your butt about me closing the thread, just say so. what is this crap about me forcing my opinion on a thread? the thread was locked because 1) people started flaming 2) was not appropriate for the board. now which of those was a forced opinion?

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard

Caspian, a poster made a comment towards a mod and the following three posts were telling him to shut up, the thread being locked, then re-opened in order to tell him to STFU. I think that ranks pretty highly on the ignorance scale when you take in to account the non-abusive nature of the initial post.
                  As I said in my post I did not know the thread was locked. Reading comprehension do you need it? And why do you feel the need to revive a thread thats nearly a month old and long dead? Just love to stir the pots eh?
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

FYI: mods can post in locked threads without having to open them. TGM didn't open the thread again just to have the last word. It was a timing issue.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

• Re: Before locking up threads ...

rant rant rant rant.

Why do you start shit on an internet forum? Can't we all be civilized? This isn't KI or Allakhazam.

The mods here have the ultimate power. If you don't like what kind of job they're doing, then go to KI or Alla forums, and you'll slowly crawl back here. So if you don't want the ban-stick, just let it go.
                      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Nowhere in my post do I say I don't understand why the thread was locked so I suggest you improve your reading comprehension.
                        Your hostility is totally uncalled for here. If you don't understand this comment I suggest you improve your reading comprehension.

I'm talking about this because once again a mod has enforced their opinion on a thread and then it's been locked. If you're unable to maintain neutrality whilst moderating then at least understand that people may have opposing views to your own and that they may actually be valid.
                        Considering that the topic of the thread discusses moderation in general on this site, it's hardly surprising that the moderation team has chimed in with opinions.

Contrary to your belief, it is not our place to "maintain neutrality". We're here to keep the peace and promote the popularity and friendliness of the site by enforcing rules laid down to us by the administration staff. Under those rules, we are allowed to permit a certain level of friendly disagreement, but much of what we do is, by its nature, subjective.

The lock on this thread was accidental, and was removed shortly thereafter (which is why we're still having this discussion). I think your misinterpretation of the sequence of events that followed ranks pretty high on my ignorance meter, but that's just my subjective opinion on the subject.

---

EDIT: In retrospect, it appears you may be referring to the locked thread referenced by Taskmage below. I'm not really sure why you felt like reviving this thread to discuss that one, nor why you didn't mention it specifically if so, but in any case if you feel the moderation team has overextended its boundaries, you are always welcome to PM the administrative staff and appeal a decision.

Icemage
                        Last edited by Icemage; 05-01-2006, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I really fail to see why a thread that's one day old can be seen as having, "gone on long enough"
                          Whatever you say.

Let me make it clear for you just in case.
                          Originally posted by Michelle Dragonwolf
                          I will not bother trying to look for someone in the posts and when I get the 360 I’ll just play with Me, Myself and I… like I did before.
                          Originally posted by neighbortaru
                          Michelle, please be understand that this site is not a "match-up" service. If you want to find your special someone in the game, please do so in the game. This really isn't the appropriate place for that.
                          The point of the original post had become moot by the middle of the second page, and it was determined that the thread never had a place on these forums to begin with. Thread locked. Case closed.

The fact that tetsuol made an ignorant comment at the end of the thread's life and was laughed at by the moderators, who his comment directly concerned, is neither an example of injustice, nor is it relevant to the conversation regarding the thread's closure.
                          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Can we close this dead horse? not trying to complain but you can only be offended for so long
                            Last edited by Khidir; 05-03-2006, 02:00 PM.

Main Jobs- Rdm 60 Smn 31 Bst 28 Blu 27

The Quetzlcoatl Gimp's SS Gallery

Comment

Working...
                            X