X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Journalist" lies about Rockstar, doesn't own up to it

'Journalist' who wrote GTA Raoul Moat story is a prick- Destructoid

TL;DR version:

There was a news story printed in UK's Daily Star that Rockstar Games was making a GTA game based on an actual murderer. This was not reasearched or factual, but gleaned from a photoshopped boxart someone made up on the internet.

Rather than own up to the blatant tabloid-selling lie, the so-called journalist insulted gamers that called him on in on it Facebook page, basically saying they only came out of thier no-life hole because he angered them with his "truth" and challenged them to a virtual knife fight.

Like those happen in online games.

Re: "Journalist" lies about Rockstar, doesn't own up to it

And by getting pissed about it, you're giving him the publicity he wants.

Congrats.

Comment

Limey bastard :3
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
        And by getting pissed about it, you're giving him the publicity he wants.

Congrats.
        Libel is the cardinal sin of journalism. Turning a deaf ear to it is the same as condoning it.

Not that there isn't plenty of it to decry, but that doesn't mean you ignore. Would take this man seriously on any future story he publishes, knowing he's willing to stick by a lie?

A lie, a quote taken out of context - things like this can be devastating when placed in print or spoken over the airwaves. Go as Shirley Sherrod about how she lost a job this week for a quote taken out of context by the White House. Her actions were kind of racist in the story she told, but she was also telling that story because she learned from a past mistake. So she was a little racist toward white people in the 70s, doesn't make her a racist now does it?

But for telling that story and it being taken out of context by more than one media outlet - fired.

And its not exactly the Agriculture secretary's job to apologize for the people that fired her.
        Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 07-21-2010, 04:18 PM.

Comment

wow....what a sad little man.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
            Libel is the cardinal sin of journalism. Turning a deaf ear to it is the same as condoning it.
            Which isn't what I suggested. As always, if you're pissed about things like this, write their employer, write someone who can actually do something, don't just RABBLE RABBLE about. You want to increase pressure, not publicity.

Go as Shirley Sherrod about how she lost a job this week for a quote taken out of context by the White House.
            1- Can you have a discussion about fucking anything without bringing it back to politics, or is obsession another of your illnesses?
            2- The quote wasn't taken out of context by the White House. It was taken out of context by a conservative activist, who then caught wider attention.
            3- She was fired by the Department of Agriculture, not the White House. Here's a clue: "The X Administration" is a helluva lot more people than just the President, and the President doesn't have time to handle every little detail all the time. That's why we have the Departments and their Secretaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba
              Nyarrrrr derp derp

Daily Star apologizes for libelous Grand Theft Auto story- Destructoid

Oh, The Daily Star will go on.

May want to take a picture, as this is a rare opportunity to see a British tabloid be honest and print a retraction. Apparently Rockstar won't take it lying down.

Comment

BBQ, I called rubber a long time ago. You will forever be stuck in a state of glue.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                  BBQ, I called rubber a long time ago. You will forever be stuck in a state of glue.
                  Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

Comment

Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

Too soon?
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Attached Files
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X