Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Song from a game you've played, but no one else as probably heard of

OK Rules are:

One game, One song and you're pretty sure your friends haven't heard of the game.

Here's mine - This is from Level 1 of Sega's first 4-player arcade game, Quartet.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcEDEGeRlcg"]YouTube- Quartet (Arcade) Stage 1 Theme - Great Moments in FM Synthesis[/ame]

Apparently I'm one of the few out there that remembers it. It came about the same time as Gauntlet and those were the first two four-player arcade games to ever appear in arcades.

And Sega has never re-released the game in the US except on the Master System and it wasn't on-par with the arcade version, so I didn't want it. I was a Nintendo fanboy back then, but this was the first Sega game I ever loved and Sega never fails to disappoint me by not including it in any of their collections.

Kinda like how all the Phantasy Star and Sonic Collections this far always have a game missing. Sonic Collectsions never have Sonic CD, Phantasy Star Collections are always missing the first or third in the series. Its more frustrating when its the first game, because no one considers the third one a good one.

Re: Best Song from a game you've played, but no one else as probably heard of

The clips aren't from the moments in the game where the music is from but not everyone played any of the Star Oceans I knew. Star Ocean the 2nd story was one of my favorites to this day both for story and music:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeX4BAONsAE"]YouTube- The Music of Video Games [460] Star Ocean 2[/ame]

The one they play on the first part of the video was my favorite of all the music in it.

Also from that game. I used to leave the game on world map to listen to this lol.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYbFnoRSW6M&feature=related"]YouTube- [ Top 20 ] World Map Music #1 - Star Ocean 2 ( Field of Expel[/ame]

Asura Server

Comment

Best song EVER!!!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmO_H4sPjJI"]YouTube- Xenogears OST - Small Two of Pieces ~ Restored Pieces ~ Credits Theme[/ame]

The only song that would convince me to never skip the credits.

oh ya and there are many out there who never even played Xenogears.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMTZN4sk0NE"]YouTube- Disgaea 2: Cyber Dance[/ame]

My friends had never heard of the Disgaea Series... I don't pity them, I was once one who didn't know the epicness of Disgaea as well. This song was from the item world where i spent countless hours leveling weapons and characters. I was extremely pissed when Disgaea 3 had different item world music.

Edit: Just found out they added Cyber Dance to Disgaea 3 if you download one of the DLCs and then buy it from the music shop in Item World. I believe I found another game to play again 2 days from now when I am off for my break.
        Last edited by Durahansolo; 12-21-2009, 02:16 PM.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
        Originally posted by Solymir
        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Cant put up clips since I'm at work, but my favorite was the title theme for the first Grandia game for the PS1.
          Originally posted by Van Wilder
          Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
          Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
          I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Wild ARMs 2nd Ignition special battle theme for Knight Blazer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V52h7nvOoO8&feature=related"]YouTube- Wild Arms 2 - Battle_ Knight Blazer[/ame]

Also, a game I was never able to find a good enough translation to actually play much of, but it has awesome music. Final boss battle theme from Romancing SaGa 3.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-04R90u4BwU&feature=related"]YouTube- Romancing SaGa III (SFC) - The Last Battle[/ame]
            Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
            RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
            All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

There are just too many to list. Some are so old I can't even remember the games they are from. lol

These two stand out because they were on my iPod when I went to the dentist. I have dentophobia so I HAVE to have sedatives and music when I go just for a damn teeth cleaning. lol My dentist asked to listen to some of my songs and they were all video game songs. It blew him away that they came from video games and he asked me to get the songs to him for other patients of his that like to relax to music while in the chair. I just think its so cool that my dentist that thought games were rubbish has now developed a bit of respect for them. He also asks me every cleaning if I have any new ones for him. lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOzvIdP59ss"]YouTube- To Zanarkand - Piano (Final Fantasy X)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei3i996VsNQ"]YouTube- Final Fantasy VII Music - Cosmo Canyon[/ame]
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

but no one else as probably heard of

Guys, I am pretty sure Xenogears, Star Ocean 2, Disgaea 2 and FF 7 and 10 are really well known games.

Just sayin'.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Originally posted by Tickmeoff View Post
                  Guys, I am pretty sure Xenogears, Star Ocean 2, Disgaea 2 and FF 7 and 10 are really well known games.
                  BBQ's title says one thing, and his description says another.

Originally posted by Title
                  Best Song from a game you've played, but no one else has probably heard of.
                  Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                  OK Rules are: One game, One song and you're pretty sure your friends haven't heard of the game.
                  So my gamer friends definently had not heard of Disgaea lol.
                  {New Sig in the works}
                  -----------------------
                  "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                  "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                  Originally posted by Solymir
                  What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

AREN'T WE ALL FRIENDS HERE.

TGM, DURA, MASSIVE </3 GUYS.

MASSIVE </3

jenova, I don't care for you anyway.

Comment

Monster World IV, the last (and JP-only) entry in the obscure Wonder Boy/Monster World series. You might be familiar with the NES game Adventure Island, which is a clone of the first Wonder Boy game. You also might've played Wonder Boy V: Monster World III (known as Wonder Boy in Monster World in the US) for the Genesis.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJTPXl7q-68&feature=video_response"]YouTube- Monster World IV - Handera Volcano (Part 1)[/ame]

All the dungeon themes are arrangements of the hub town's theme, but the first dungeon deviates from it the most, I think. Plus, that dungeon made you use your pet frequently, using it to flip distant switches, as a helmet against falling fireballs and as a platform to step on magma geysers.

EDIT:
                      Originally posted by Omgwtfbbq
                      Sonic Collectsions never have Sonic CD
                      Actually, Sonic Gems does, along with other obscure Sonic games like Sonic the Fighters, Sonic R and the Game Gear ones.
                      Last edited by Armando; 12-24-2009, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Well, if a game that wasn't even released in English isn't obscure enough to satisfy you, it's going to be tough.

But I haven't heard many people talking about this dungeon crawler/monster raising/dating sim hybrid (no, I am not making that up).

One of the later Monster Tower themes from Azure Dreams.
                        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgvoh953Nvs"]YouTube- Azure Dreams - Monster Tower - Penultimate Variant[/ame]
                        Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                        All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
                          But I haven't heard many people talking about this dungeon crawler/monster raising/dating sim hybrid (no, I am not making that up).
                          BBQ and I are unimpressed.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5FMRpDhhko"]YouTube- 【HQ- &fmt=18】 Mana Khemia - Nefertiti[/ame]

Though I guess I should add that most of my friends are non-gamers~ or don't play RPGs. *shrug*
                            Originally posted by Yygdrasil
                            Originally posted by Nandito
                            Ponies.

Duh.
                            You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

And speaking of games never released in English, how could I forget Seiken Densetsu 3?

Here's the final boss battle theme, The Sacrifice (Part 3).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W1_UpBH6yw&feature=related"]YouTube- [TOP 100] RPG Battle Themes #4 Seiken Densetsu 3[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X