Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E3 2009: METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING Announced. Lightning Bolt Action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 2009: METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING Announced. Lightning Bolt Action?

Hideo Kojima was just on stage at Microsoft's press conference to announce METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING. Clearly the game stars Raiden. Guess we'll know more eventually...the countdown ends in a few hours.

Last edited by Pai Pai Master; 06-01-2009, 11:04 AM.
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Re: E3 2009: METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING Announced. Lightning Bolt Action?

O_O!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the trailer lol.

Also:

!
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

THERE HE IS!

Well this will be the fourth time that the count down ended on the lighting bolts. On other forums they are saying there are going to be a total of 6 lightning promos how they got that info I have no idea. I think it was just a random guess.

I can't wait but I will have to because I still haven't brought my self to actually by a ps3

Comment

The fact that he was MS's press conference makes me think it'll be available on 360, as well.
        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

In before the eight year-old complaints about Raiden start rolling in.

Comment

soooo teh gayx0rz lulz I've seen him naked.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
              In before the eight year-old complaints about Raiden start rolling in.
              I'm the first to admit I didn't like playing as him in 2, but Cyborg Ninja Raiden was the shit and I was a little bummed you couldn't play as him in 4.
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
                The fact that he was MS's press conference makes me think it'll be available on 360, as well.

PS3, PC and 360, along with the new game for PSP.
                Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Great, next year I get to skip a Castlevania game. Thanks so much Konami! >.>

3D Castlevanias = DO NOT WANT.

They've tried three times already and its only risen from horrible to mediocrity. I'd rather have another DS game with anime-style characters than a 3D Castlevania.

Unless they got Retro Studios to do this one or something, maybe then I'd want it.

Comment

Kojima is working on that new Castlevania game. Maybe that'll help it somehow be less crap.
                    Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master View Post
                      Kojima is working on that new Castlevania game. Maybe that'll help it somehow be less crap.
                      Are you sure its Hideo Kojima, though? If so, him working in tandem with Iga on Castlevania in 3D sounds more promising thank leaving Iga to his own devices on a 3D version again.

However, there's always a Kojima involved with Castlevania, Ayami Kojima. She's been the series artist for quite some time. So let's just be sure we got the right one here.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
                        I'm the first to admit I didn't like playing as him in 2, but Cyborg Ninja Raiden was the shit and I was a little bummed you couldn't play as him in 4.
                        I agree, I didn't like him in 2, but 4 was another story. He killed giant robots with his FEET... and can kill things by holding a katana in his teeth. He's become enough of a badass to be redeemed.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                          Are you sure its Hideo Kojima, though? If so, him working in tandem with Iga on Castlevania in 3D sounds more promising thank leaving Iga to his own devices on a 3D version again.

However, there's always a Kojima involved with Castlevania, Ayami Kojima. She's been the series artist for quite some time. So let's just be sure we got the right one here.
                          Yes, Lord of Shadows is being developed by a team called Mercurysteam. Hideo Kojima's given a bit of praise for these guys in the past and it's confirmed that Kojima Productions has been assisting Mercurysteam on development of a game called Lord of Shadows. It wasn't known until today, however, that Lord of Shadows is actually the new 3D Castlevania game that Konami announced at TGS last year.

EDIT: And Raiden was the best character in MGS2 hands down.
                          Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master View Post
                            EDIT: And Raiden was the best character in MGS2 hands down.
                            There's really nobody else to choose from there.

Unless you count the bosses.

Comment

I liked the tanker more. For me that was the MGS game and the Raiden chapter was just the bonus.
                              sigpic
                              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                              X