Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dhalsim vs. Racer X. 3. 2. 1. Fight! "Tatsunoko vs. CAPCOM: Cross Age of Heroes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dhalsim vs. Racer X. 3. 2. 1. Fight! "Tatsunoko vs. CAPCOM: Cross Age of Heroes"

FINALLY.

After the horribly tragic cancellation of Sammy vs. CAPCOM I didn't think we'd ever see another vs. CAPCOM game.

And here it is, the most random one yet: Tatsunoko vs. CAPCOM: Cross Generation of Heroes.

Tatsunoko is a legendary anime studio known for Speed Racer and Robotech, with production credits on series like Neon Genesis Evangelion and Macross.

Coming to Japanese arcades this winter; no word yet on if it'll come to any consoles.
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Re: Dhalsim vs. Racer X. 3. 2. 1. Fight!

Wow. That sure came out of left field.

There was gonna be a Sammy VS Capcom, and it got canceled? Goddamn it!

Comment

Yeah, and Sammy was the one doing the art for it. :'( It was going to be amazing, but was then canceled after the SEGA-Sammy merger. GuiltyGear vs. Darkstalkers would have been amazing.
      Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master View Post
        Tatsunoko is a legendary anime studio known for Speed Racer and Robotech, with production credits on series like Neon Genesis Evangelion and Macross.
        >_>;

Robotech was a butchery by Harmony Gold. Tasunoko is almost more like a victim whose works were mangled and stuffed into Robotech.

Only one of the three source anime forming "Robotch" had lasting impact, and that is The Super Dimension Fortress Macross, so it would be more accurate to say the studio is known for Macross than anything else.

(I liked Genesis Climber Mospeada as much as Macross, but I could be the only person in all of North America who thought it was that good. ._. Couldn't really get an handle of The Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross portion's story; maybe it was just too messed up by Harmony Gold.)

Edit:

Screw Racer X--Science Ninja Team Gatchaman go go! I want to be Joe Asakura. (The gloomy one.)
        Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 05-21-2008, 11:55 AM.
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I was still hoping that, one day, we'd see Marvel Vs. DC by Capcom or even a Nintendo Vs. Sega by Capcom >.>;

Ryu Vs. Speed Racer really wasn't a crossover battle people were thinking about. When most people think of Speed Racer, they're really scraping the bottom of the anime barrel. Actually, its near the bottom of the animation barrel in general.

My parents could have thought of better animes to be turned into a live-action movie than Speed Racer, if that doesn't tell the Wachowski "siblings" out out-of-touch they are, I don't know what does.

Comment

I fear this may mark the beginning of the end for the crossover pseudo-genre. :/
            Originally posted by Armando
            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
            Originally posted by Armando
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
            Matthew 16:15

Comment

Somehow I don't think Nintendo would be much interested in a vs. game, that would be hurting SSB at least a bit.

Probably pointless sidenote, I have more capcom games than any other third party company for the Wii. Okami, RE4, Zack and Wiki, and I think one more; all strong games, although half of them are PS2 ports.

Sega vs. Capcom would be interesting, though.

Comment

oh my god gatchaman!

*tear*
                signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Re: Dhalsim vs. Racer X. 3. 2. 1. Fight! "Tatsunoko vs. CAPCOM: Cross Age of Heroes"

Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Re: Dhalsim vs. Racer X. 3. 2. 1. Fight! "Tatsunoko vs. CAPCOM: Cross Age of Heroes"

my god those are some cartoonish looking screenshots. if they look anywhere near that good in motion we may be getting close to the dream a video game that looks like a professionally animated show.

Comment

This is what I wanted Street Fighter IV to look like.
                      Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Oh shit. That's some Mega Man Legends in the background. Tron Bonne better be playable after teasing me like that.

Also, graphics look sweet as hell.

Comment

Indeed. Rock Volnutt and/or Roll Caskett playable PLEASE.
                          Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Wtf...the gameplay better be damn good because..Speed Racer? o_O wtffff...

SFHD Remix all the way

Comment

Working...
                            X