Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARHAWK v1.2 Update + "OPERATION: Omega Dawn" Booster Pack, v1.3 Details!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARHAWK v1.2 Update + "OPERATION: Omega Dawn" Booster Pack, v1.3 Details!

For those of you Warhawk players, the v1.2 update will be released alongside the first booster pack entitled OPERATION: Omega Dawn on December 19th and 20th respectively.

Warhawk v1.2 adds the following changes:

* 5 New layouts for the existing 5 maps.
    * Clan-members only game option.
    * Buddy slot reservations when creating a server.
    * Integrated Warhawk Store.
    * Updated CTF capture/return behavior.*
    * Internal stat padder protection.
    * Booster Pack status display at join game list.
    * DualShock3 integration.
    * Separate SIXAXIS motion control on/off per mode (ground, hover, flight).
    * Detailed Player Score display at end of game fixed.
    * Added new server type filters (player, ranked, dedicated, clan, Official Warhawk, etc).
    * Added new server full/open filter.
    * Fall damage exploit fixed. (Thank you)
    * Dismount into walls exploit fixed.
    * Invisible Tank, Turret & Warhawk exploit fixed. (Thank you)
    * Auto-kick of idle players.
    * Add to Favorites button added to end game screen.
    * Increased VOIP volume when not using headset.

*Flag return time will now correlate to the time it was held by an opponent. The moment a flag is taken, the return counter will begin, and once it alt is dropped the return counter can be deactivated by holding it for that amount of time, keeping stalemates less likely.

OPERATION: Omega Dawn adds one new map, Omega Factory, with 5 included layouts.

It also adds a new vehicle, the KT-424 Combat Dropship. It carries 6 troops and one vehicle, and is equipped with a powerful MBEC-3 Heavy Support Cannon, as well as missile launcher turrets for the troops being carried.

In addition, game director Dylan Jobe hinted at some updates for the next free patch, v1.3.

Hey Everyone!

Many of you may have seen it announced on other websites but...

Our Omega Dawn Booster pack will be available for purchase on the PlayStation Store December 20th World-Wide!!

Will answer 1 question right now though...what are we currently working on?

We are busy in development of our v1.3 game update. Yes its FREE of course (just in case some of you ask). And YES, it includes some new game stuff...not just fixes. Here's a hint...its not new free layouts like we are releasing with v1.2. It has to do with troops. What could it be? :-)

I'll be posting more info about it after we release v1.2 and Omega Dawn

As always - Rock on and get ready for the new Battlefield and wicked multiplayer BOSS action of the KT-424 Combat Dropship!

-dylan
    To clarify...the Omega Dawn Booster-Pack is $7.99

And we *are* adding some new customization...but that's not what I was talking about.

But we are doing something really cool with the customizations for v1.3...here's a hint.

"Do you know Photoshop?"

:-)
    ...here's another hint...

the photoshop comment didn't have to do with troops...it had to do with aircraft.

:-)
    Parachutes are one of the most requested options for troops from players. Being a passenger in a Warhawk is one of the most boring things...so being able to parachute out and land in the enemy base would be a great addition.

The other stuff? Custom troop/vehicle skins would be awesome.

Looking forward to playing OPERATION: Omega Dawn with some of you guys.
    Last edited by Pai Pai Master; 12-16-2007, 09:19 AM.
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Re: WARHAWK v1.2 Update + "OPERATION: Omega Dawn" Booster Pack, v1.3 Details!

I still need to get this...

No one freaking has the retail version anymore (well, not with the headset. I was unaware there even was a retail version that didn't come with it...)
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

You'd have to look around quite a bit to find the $60 retail version. I was at Toys 'R Us today and they had 2 copies. They say the $60 version was undershipped because retailers were upset that Sony was only releasing a single retail version that was priced higher than the PS Store version, even if the retail version did include the headset. Thus, the $40 retail version was born.

The game sold tremendously stronger on the PS Store than at retail however, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's why it's hard to find the original retail bundle in stores now.

But yes, you do need to get this. Still the best online experience on the PS3, in my opinion.
      Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Oh!!! This Thursday!! And I have Friday off. It's ON!!!

I heard a rumor some place of 12/28. Friend of mine just sold his PS3 to a cousin and would get his PS3 before this update dropped. I'll have to let him know what he's spending this week's check on! lol

Hmmm. I think I need another 2k kills to rank up, wonder if I can do it before Thursday.
        Odude
        PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
        RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
        SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

hey... I haven't been on this site in a LONG time. I'm an old old old old vet of FFXI (2003).. anyway, introductions aside, I have a PS3 and wondering if any of you would be interested in a round of warhawk or something like that? I have plenty of time just hanging around, the university is closed for the holiday.

Is FFXI still fun? I miss it. Sorry to get off topic.
          Windurst Rank: 6
          Main Job: BLU
          All others:
          THF: 60 - BRD 57 - NIN: 31 - WAR: 38

Comment

i gotta get this game :x i rented it. and i sucked at it to a degree. i was getting good at killing other warhawks with missiles. but i can never dodge missisles in the air >.<

Comment

Re: WARHAWK v1.2 Update + &quot;OPERATION: Omega Dawn&quot; Booster Pack, v1.3 Details!

Originally posted by SeverusXerxes View Post
              hey... I haven't been on this site in a LONG time. I'm an old old old old vet of FFXI (2003).. anyway, introductions aside, I have a PS3 and wondering if any of you would be interested in a round of warhawk or something like that? I have plenty of time just hanging around, the university is closed for the holiday.

Is FFXI still fun? I miss it. Sorry to get off topic.
              I'm always up for some Warhawk. Just add me to your PSN buddy list. ID's in my signature.

And yes, FFXI is still very fun.

@Anaki: The trick is not to panic. That's not easy when there's a missile or 6 on your tail ready to blow you to smithereens. Keep your chaff equipped as a last resort. The way I do it is to quickly jerk up to the right as soon as you feel the missile right on your back. Otherwise, weave around the environment or buildings or other warhawks to lose the missiles.
              Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Re: WARHAWK v1.2 Update + &quot;OPERATION: Omega Dawn&quot; Booster Pack, v1.3 Details!

They fix all the bugs yet? My coworker used to play this but got tired of getting killed by ppl who were underground and also the ppl who ranked up with a glitch. Besides things, he said the game had potential.
                Thanks Kazuki.
                Dragoon Equipment

Comment

whats fun is on one level. the mostly aircraft level since it has bases on buildings and no way to get to them unless you fly. and turrets. i took my warhawk threw a few landmines on it and rammed it full speed. into a turret

Comment

I just recently started playing my PS3 online...if I get Warhawk you have to play with me Paipai...that's only if it really is worth buying. I've been looking at it recently but just not quite sure.

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

In my opinion, Warhawk and The Orange Box are the best deals in gaming this year.

And yes, despite its rough launch, most all the bugs are fixed. Whatever remains will be fixed later today in the v1.2 patch.
                      Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

I got Warhawk last night and played it for like 3 hours straight before I realized it was about 4am, lol. I like it a lot, and want to play some more, cause at the moment I'm not too great. XD But I definitely want to play some more, just fishing on XI atm and trying to decide if I -really- need the gil or if I should go play. >_>

My PSN ID is Jyuunjyuun btw. I'll try and figure out how to add people, and hopefully play some time soon :]

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Working...
                        X