The Darkness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Darkness

Yes, good game, I'm not too far into yet, but that's not the topic.

The topic is the online play...

LAG

No, lag doesn't begin to describe the lag on that game's online portion.. it's unplayable.. unless you're host, host seems to not lag as much. That's why you see the host with 20-30 kills and everyone else with 1 or 2? If they're lucky.

Does anyone know if they're going to fix this? I mean, it's a good game, really. But this online BS is making me regret buying it.
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Re: The Darkness

I originally had this on pre-order for PS3 and decided to drop it about a month ago in favor of SingStar. Reports like this make me glad I did...

Icemage

Comment

The game itself, is amazing, it's a really great game, really. It's just the online play, way to much lag, I couldn't even describe how laggy it is. The online setup and functionality / how it would play if it wasn't so laggy would be pretty fun. I hope they do something about this.
      Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
        I originally had this on pre-order for PS3 and decided to drop it about a month ago in favor of SingStar. Reports like this make me glad I did...

Icemage
        Icemage! We're so gonna be playing SingStar. XD
        PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
        Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
        WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
        Currently Playing:
        FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master View Post
          Icemage! We're so gonna be playing SingStar. XD
          You're on!

BTW, go rack up some points on Super Stardust HD you slacker!

Icemage

Comment

lol I'm so terrible at that game...I made it to the third planet fine but now I can't get any farther XD

I've been playing Ninja Gaiden nonstop, as well as those new Resistance maps. Unfortunately there's this big Warhawk-shaped hole in my life now that the beta's over. -.-;
            Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

lol I'm so terrible at that game...I made it to the third planet fine but now I can't get any farther XD
              The trick is knowing what weapons to use and not to get distracted by what's on the edges of the screen.

I found that it helps to set the camera to "FAR" so you can see a bit better via peripheral vision, but focusing on the area right around your ship helps a lot. Remember your boost makes you invincible to everything (can even move through bosses, huge asteroids and enemy shots with it) on top of dealing good damage. It's a great way to get yourself out of trouble (as are bombs, which wipe out all enemy shots on the screen and blow up all small and medium sized asteroids).

Shot-wise, the weapon of preference goes in sequence:

1st: Green
              2nd: Red
              3rd: Blue, but switch into red sometimes
              4th: Red, but switch into green once in a while
              5th: Mostly blue, but need to switch on and off to red and/or green occasionally.

I've been playing Ninja Gaiden nonstop, as well as those new Resistance
              maps
              . Unfortunately there's this big Warhawk-shaped hole in my life now that the beta's over. -.-;
              Ninja Gaiden Sigma is currently kicking my butt. I'm on Chapter 6 now and struggling to stay afloat. This game is seriously difficult.

---

Anyhoo, back on topic, the main reason I cancelled my order on The Darkness was after seeing the gameplay videos. It's way too dark on the screen; in fact, the darker it is, the stronger you get apparently.

I've had my fill of overly dark shooters after the disaster that was Doom 3... hence, cancelled. :/

Icemage

Comment

I was originally turned off by the trailer that was shown on PS Store, because it looked like crap. Once I got my eyes on the final product I was pretty impressed, and I enjoyed Escape from Butcher Bay so I'll probably at least rent The Darkness if a demo doesn't hit the PS Store any time soon.

EDIT: Holy crap Icemage, #42 on the network?
                Last edited by Pai Pai Master; 07-05-2007, 07:34 PM.
                Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

I was originally turned off by the trailer that was shown on PS Store, because it looked like crap. Once I got my eyes on the final product I was pretty impressed, and I enjoyed Escape from Butcher Bay so I'll probably at least rent The Darkness if a demo doesn't hit the PS Store any time soon.
                  I might rent it. Will not buy though, especially with laggy multiplayer.

EDIT: Holy crap Icemage, #42 on the network?
                  Mmm... I have top-20 worldwide scores in every mode except Co-op at the time of this posting on Super Stardust HD.

Icemage

Comment

-.-;

...I still suck. My last ranking on Arcade Mode was 2649 or something....

Sorry to keep pulling this off topic lol.

I have heard some iffy things about The Darkness' multiplayer, aside from the lag. Is it any fun otherwise? Or is the single player the more worthwhile part of the game?
                    Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Ah, reminds me of the days of Command and Conquer: Renegade.

Fairly fun FPS (at the time anyway) but omg the lag...
                      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Lol no no, I don't care, drift off topic, this is quite interesting

But uh, aside from the lagginess in multiplayer, the game is really good. Single player is really fun, you can send your demon tentacles across the map and bite people's faces off, you can whip them with one of your tentacle arms, you can send "Darklings" (Little crazy demon pets) out to do you bidding (they have Kamikazee ones, Gunners, etc), just all around good fun. The story line is pretty crazy too, if they fix the multiplayer lag, it just might be one of my favorite games.
                        Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

Working...
                        X