Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have KoF XI?

King of Fighters XI, btw. >_>

I just recently imported this for my PS2 and I love it to so much...if anyone else has it on here and would like to play me, that'd be awesome. :D I'm trying to get as good as I can at it for a local tournament this upcoming spring, so I'm up for plenty of practice. :3

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Re: Anyone have KoF XI?

Is this new KOF? Sorry, I am very outdated The last version I had seen is KOF 2002 and KOF 2003.

I don't have PS2 and my local arcade does not have KOF. Currently I am playing the KOF 2k2 ROM on PC using MAME. Keyboard FTW! ('w')

P.S.
    Playing KOF using emulator on PC is a good way to murder the keyboard XD
    Server: Quetzalcoatl
    Race: Hume Rank 7
    75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Yea, it's the newest one...came out this year some time I believe, but I just now got it. None of my local arcades have KoF...sadly, but I do play it on compy.

Haha, I'll play you at 2k2 some time also...I have it on my compy as well if you're up for the challenge. XD And yea, you really do own your keyboard the more you play on it, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Celeal View Post
        P.S.
        Playing KOF using emulator on PC is a good way to murder the keyboard XD
        They should sell Arcade style Joysticks for PC somewhere near you, but if you are crazy like me you'll want to make your own using a PS2 gamepad for PC.

Using the keyboard or even a game pad really hurts fighting games, it just doesn't feel right.
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I've been playing for a couple years like this and so I'm used to it now...I'm absolutely horrid with arcade sticks, so I plan on buying one of those to practice with, lol. Also, I play so fast that I get blisters while playing with the D-pad on my PS2 controller. x_x;

Comment

I don't really like using gamepad for those fighting games that are designed for Joystick. Too much focus on both thumbs.

However, using keyboard on KOF is quite fun actually. It is awesome to pull off Kyo Kusanagi's combo moves with the keyboard XD

The only downside of the keyboard is the emulator seems to have a hard time to detect 3 or more key press a once, like A+B+C or A+B+C+D.
            Server: Quetzalcoatl
            Race: Hume Rank 7
            75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Originally posted by Celeal View Post
              The only downside of the keyboard is the emulator seems to have a hard time to detect 3 or more key press a once, like A+B+C or A+B+C+D.
              Yea, I've noticed the same problem on mine, a little annoying sometimes but oh well. We should play 2k2 some time, because right now my friend is owning me at it and I need more practice. x_x; And anyone know a good joystick to buy? I was thinking about getting a Neo Stick 3 Moonlight Version(lol long name) if I could find one online.

Comment

Theres one near my local area but theres no competition so..=/

Comment

I just found out that...Network matches on KoF XI will onry work in Japan. ; ;! It sucks out loud cause I was excited to get to play other people...but oh well, I guess I can settle for my nearest friends where we can at least call eachother names when we lose. XD

Comment

Working...
                  X