X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plague hits Wow

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20050921-5337.html

What is your reaction to this news?
    Wow, that is mess up. I hope they find a cure.
    6.05%
    Wow, that is mess up. I hope they never find a cure.
    20.93%
    I'm glad I play FFXI.
    61.40%
    I am going to start playing Wow, seems interesting.
    11.63%
    Sergeant Major
    75PLD | 75NIN | 50RNG | 40BST | 37WAR | 37RDM | 35THF | 26SAM | 22MNK |
    22DRG | 22DRK | 22WHM | 20BLM | 11COR | 13BRD | 10BLU | 08PUP | 01SMN |
    Carbuncle | Diabolos | Fenrir | Garuda | Ifrit | Leviathan | Ramuh | Shiva | Titan

Re: Plague hits Wow

It's quite interesting.

Sometime I wish FFXI can have some kind of town invastion event, which players must defend their countery.

Comment

I read in a forum that High level players are getting infected on purpose then teleporting to a city with other high level players. Apparently to infect people in the cities on purpose. That seems mean to me.
      Sergeant Major
      Carbuncle | Diabolos | Fenrir | Garuda | Ifrit | Leviathan | Ramuh | Shiva | Titan

Comment

Lol thats funny...

Comment

In that forum a guy posted this: http://members.shaw.ca/olsens/plague.jpg

yup, such friendly high level players sharing the excitement of a plague with all the lowbies.
          Last edited by Rai; 09-22-2005, 08:33 AM.
          Sergeant Major

Comment

Eww WoW looks soo bad, i just had to say that. Sucks for all the low lvl players. Do they loose xp from death like ffxi?

Comment

You don't really loose EXP from death but you are forced to a Home Point of sorts and I here that the Plaguers are sometimes there too, so you get caught ina death cycle.
              Sergeant Major

Comment

You have reached a broken page. This page should have healed it.
                =(

Eww WoW looks soo bad, i just had to say that. Sucks for all the low lvl players. Do they loose xp from death like ffxi?
                Your equipment takes damage when you die and needs to be repaired or it becomes useless.

Comment

Lol, the whole thing reeks of .Hack// ripoff =p. Never the less, its still pretty cool. Maybe SE will take a hint and do some type of event similar to this ;;

Comment

I read somewhere that one MMORG or something did a werewolf thing or vampire thing, can you imagine if your character became a Vampire, during day time you became weakened and at night you got super tough. But you had to figure out a cure to get you back to normal. That would be interesting.

Oh, and when I say weakened I mean like after you get a Raise, literally that weak during day.
                    Sergeant Major

Comment

There are clerics with cure disease spells now, and items, and NPC healing, but it's all inconvience especially when low level don't surive more then a minute.

They should ban it from town, though that would help little, as people would just camp out gates and such.

Right now it's rampant MPK as simple as that, or rather dpk?

It's not very realistic in that no one "dies" and any damage is minor to the "fun" of spreading it.

This should never happen in ffxi. Imagine everyone in juneo being cursed, every 15minutes for going to the AH. Sure it's easy to cure, but it's just too inconveniencing to have.

Blizzard made an idiotic move as simple as that. If they thought it through they would of put limitations on it, such as only being able to pass it in the same area, no city, finite amount etc.

It's only "fun" to people who are doing it. Not to people who are caught to it. Though luckly you level pretty darn fast in WoW. Like anything pking and mpk each other is fun, when you're all doing it in balista, but the moment you send it to an xp pt or some such, it's just immature.

Comment

I think it's just funny :D WoW always bring good laugh.
                        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

It would be even more interesting if epidemiologists in the real world found that this event was worthy of studying as a kind of controlled experiment in disease propagation.
                          Yeah......I see this happening real soon. >.>
                          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Heh, plague's can be fairly annoying if you have a player doing it constantly like for example a player that's plauged hanging around a graveyard so you just keep getting plagued over and over.

The best ones I liked were from VikingMUD. The plague of flees, plague of chickens, and an actual plague. The flees one was hillarious, it didn't take any HP from you but while you were fighting or doing just about anything your character can just about stop all actions to just go into a scratching fit. The plague of chickens was good too, the Admins of that MUD released the killer chickens getting their revenge on the players and on Thanksgiving Day no less .

Creating game plague's can be fun as long as it has a function and methods of immunity. For example the actual plague they released on VikingMUD was only possible of infecting you 3 times within a earth day, it was (irronically) called the divinity plague.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

It would be even more interesting if epidemiologists in the real world found that this event was worthy of studying as a kind of controlled experiment in disease propagation.
                              Coming from people who don't really know what they're talking about(field wise). A plague that is intentionally spreaded( because high levels know that they have nothing to fear) is not really anything remotely related to real-world.

People in WoW that spread it have full knowledge of what they're doing and instead of going to doctors and go into quantine, they instentally go out and cause havoc. Not really any data epidemiologist can use.

I.E how fast it spreads = how hard and how many people try to spread it for fun

In fact, it's not a plague at all since it's curable.

If anything it should be given to a Psychologist, as rather then a plague it's a type of PKing, and why this tendency is so strong from some.

Comment

Working...
                              X