This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sigh* Xbox360

ok, i was doing a compare and contrast with PS3 and box360. Xbox360 beat PS3 so i was like 'ok, maybe ill get a Xbox360' then i saw the price......$699

you have to be shitting me. I would not waste my money on a video game system thats $699. Hell, the most i'd spend would me $300 at most for a system. Microsoft better drop that price into a more affordable deal. No offense to anyone getting the 360 when it 1st comes out but if you are going to waste $699 for a damn video game system. you have no life.

Re: *sigh* Xbox360

Where the hell did you go to find them selling it for 699?
    I reserved a S.E. at gamespot and it only costs 399 there. And, its only 299 for the regular edition (-HDD and a cpl other things).
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I doubt they'll sell any of the versions that cost $699, if it'll even cost that much. You'd have to be obsessed with video games to get that version. Even though I'm not gonna get one, if I did, I wouldn't spend more than $350.

Better wait for the price drop though if you want it. I'll be getting a PS3, but I'll be waiting about a year after it comes out since the price will have dropped by then and I'll be able to afford it.

Comment

the one that cost $699 includes several games and accessories...

the core system itself should cost $299.99
        Nation: Bastok
        Jobs: 40DRG/6DRK/30WAR/36SAM/19PLD

Leaping Lizzy - 0/3
        V. Emperor - 1/3
        Torrent - 1/1

Comment

YES! wow i saw it at gamespot.com i think... Well, i may just get one now ^_^ so whatca guys gonna get? Either PS3 or Xbox360 for me...help me choose :/

Comment

There's actually packages in some stores going for $1,200.00. But yeah, that's obviously for much more than the core system and the one bundled with the HDD. $699.00.

I really hate to talk this way like money isn't a thing. But I feel that basing your judgement on what system to buy on price alone isn't very smart. Should research what kind of games are going to be released on what system based on your preference, then decide which system you'd enjoy more. That is unless you end up getting both.

Comment

What does the 699 package include? Im getting the 399 one and it has a xbox live silver membership, wireless controller, HDD, hdtv hookups, and I think a few other bells and whistles. Went ahead and reserved perfect dark zero too, I figure the original was the greatest game ever, I have high hopes for this one.

Comment

Well the way I look at it, the 360 is released at the end of Nov. Then the PS3 isn't going to be coming out for a good 5 to 6 months. Plenty of time to save up for it after buying the 360. So both for me. You can never have too many systems and games.....well actually you can but don't tell my husband that! ;P
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I'm guessing you already reserved yours TGM?

btw, love the sig ^^

Comment

Reserving is a lot tougher than I imagined it would be. Two EBXs near me have already ended the reservation period on it and only have room for more if others cancel their reserv. So they had to send me to another store which had a cancled one. Apparently this is happening all over too with other stores.

I'm not sure if the reservation rate is real high or they just arn't making many to fill reservs and would rather sell to those as a first come first serve basis.

OOooooerrrrr they are using a lame ass marketing scheme giving customers the impression it's a hot item by not making enough for launch, building the hype and desire for them.

Comment

I work for EBx and well, we've been doing reserves since the start of June.... If you don't reserve one now, expect to pay upwords of 600$ on ebay for one.
                      -Baka Inu!
                      Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
                      Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
                      Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
                      Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

I worked for GameStop. The whole reserve thing is somewhat of a manipulation. There's tons of stores which don't take reserves but will receive plenty of copies. Stores gain more from reservations and that's why they push them. It also helps them analyze profit and needed changes quicker than waiting for release.

Even with the PS2 "shortage" at its launch there was never a need to buy it off Ebay. You just had to drive around to various stores like Target and what not till you found one, or wait till next shipment (usually 4-7 days for most large companies).

Now I'm not saying reserving is a bad thing, and yeah, if you want to garauntee you'll get one that day, from the store you want to get it from it really is best to reserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
                          I'm guessing you already reserved yours TGM?

btw, love the sig ^^
                          Ya, I had a reservation months ago. I am a "regular" at the store and the manager calls me whenever something comes along that he knows I would be interested in. At least this means I won't be sleeping on the damn sidewalk like I did for the PS2! >.< I'm too old for that crap!

And thank you, I gleaned that from an LS member because I liked it. Hope he don't visit the forums!! LOL
                          Originally posted by Feba
                          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                          Originally posted by DakAttack
                          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

The only time I would buy one is if its under $300CAN, but by the time it is and by the time i actualy have the money i could just buy a uber video card for my computer, so Its more value for me to stick with computer , plus i get pc games cheaper . Not that theres anything wrong with the next generation systems but with games costing up to $80 at launch which I couldent afford it unless I got it modchiped (And id take a while before pepole could invent one for it.)

Comment

why do players buy systems right when they come out? there are little to no games out. an that price is outragous. i always wait for my system to drop in price an for games to come out for it.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Working...
                              X