This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advent Children *Spoilers*

Your thoughts? I saw this like two days ago...

The fight sences seem a bit unrealistic kinda like DBZ type of moves. Like the part they all threw Cloud up in the air @.@. Still, GREAT MOVIE! The music was great; the piano pieces played during the church scene and fight are from the game, same with "Those who fight further" which played during Kadaj's fight. Well placed and great BGM for the movie. The quality is was pretty good.

Sephiroth appears for a battle against Cloud; although it isn't truly Sephiroth, persae. Combine The Matrix, DBZ, Dynasty Warriors, Star Ocean and you might get a small idea of the enormity of this battle.

Is it me or Cloud had some sort of new Omnislash going? ^^ It's a shame he doesn't use his orgianl Buster Sword more like some sort of Sword that can be combind and break into other forums which is quiet interesting.

Your thoughts?
    Blm.75 - Whm.56 - Mnk.58 - Rdm.48 - Nin.37 - War.37 - Drk.37

Merits - 98
    Goldsmith - 85.2

Re: Advent Children *Spoilers*

yeah I found the DBZ moves a bit over the top as well.
    but I really like his new sword
    plus he dual-wields them

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Yep I was hoping for the last battle that someone would toss him his Buster sword. ; ; No dice. But all in all, I LOVED it! Great action! Didn't matter to me if the fights weren't realistic or not, I was just there for the entertainment and eye candy!
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

All through the movie, i was hoping to see the Knights of the Round summon. I can see someone like Cait Sith saying, "No... Not that summon... ... I'll be back in a bit... *goes off to make a sandwhich*" My hopes really got up when I saw Yuffie carrying all those materia. hehe.

I dunno if it was me but several times during the movie I had to rewind a bit because the action was too fast sometimes. I was a bit dissapointed in not seeing Red XIII's signature attack moves (he was my favorite character in the game). But, seeing the FFVII ending in fully updated CGI at the beginning of the movie makes up for it. I actually cheered seeing it. lol. The new Omnislash was too awesome. Cloud wasn't the only one who had a weapon upgrade because Barret did too I think. Vincent was too cool. I wanted to see him transform, but I'm not that dissapointed he didn't. Tifa's fight scene was cool too. I wanted to see Dolphin Blow, but she did My Final Heaven however didn't she?

The CGI for Bahamut or whatever it was was a little disappointing to me because I couldn't recognize what it was. But, a friend of mine told me it was the FF-X version of Bahamut. Meh... And omg the music was spot on. Uematsu-sama needs a raise from whatever he was paid in this movie. I actually sat through and read the credits to see if there were any names I could recognize, and the only one was Aeris who was performed by Maaya Sakamoto (Escaflowne, Rahxephon, Lodoss TV, etc.). I'll go through and see about the others later.

My only major complaint: Tifa didn't live up to her in-game...err...figure. ^^
        Minor complaint: Sometimes movements in animation exhibited the same "jerkiness" that was prevalent in Spirits Within. It was improved, but still very noticeable when they used motion capture.

They did an excellent job though. I give it a 5 out of 5. If only they had released this instead of Spirits Within...

Sephiroth: Oho... What made you stronger?
        Cloud: 1337 Gameshark hax.

Title: Sergeant Major
        SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
        Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
        Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
        Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Sephiroth: Oho... What made you stronger?
          Cloud: 1337 Gameshark hax.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

The scene during the Tifa fight with the cell phone ringing TOTALLY cracked me up! I had to pause the movie until I could stop laughing! Classic moment!

Yes I noticed the slight jerkiness also, especially on the big screen tv. I was worried that all my anticipation for this title would end in a letdown. I was so totally wrong. It met and exceeded my expectations.
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Am I the only one who thought Cid looked a LOT younger than he used to in the game/art from 7? He looked about 40+ before, and now not much older than late20s. I know FC dug Barrett's cornrows.

Comment

Originally posted by Lupin3rd
                I know FC dug Barrett's cornrows.
                HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I don't think that Cid looked in his 20's. Late 30's, early 40's for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                  The scene during the Tifa fight with the cell phone ringing TOTALLY cracked me up! I had to pause the movie until I could stop laughing! Classic moment!
                  You know a buncha ppl gonna have that on their cellphones now too.
                  Originally posted by Lupin3rd
                  I know FC dug Barrett's cornrows.
                  d: Why does the cornrows guy always gotta be having a gun! jk. ^^ Btw, I meant "Final Heaven" not "MY Final Heaven." Thanks for the correction Lup.

I thought Cid looked mid 30s myself, but the way he ran in game (*laughs rememberring his run*) and the way he talked made him seem older.

Title: Sergeant Major
                  SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                  Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                  Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                  Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Ringtone was awesome.

Uber-Climhazard on Bahamut was a little over the top with the "we'll all lend you our strength to defeat him" kinda theme, expecially throwing Aeris in, but was very cool nonetheless. I was a little disappointed that he didn't resemble any of the Bahamuts from FF7, but I got over it quickly.

I thought the speeding up and slowing down of time in the fights was a cool effect. It made the fights look really artsy and put emphasis where it was needed. You don't need explicit details when Cloud and Kadaj are quickly exchanging strikes/blocks but when a strike gets through you see the opening appear, the attack come, and the blow land in detail. You can just imagine what the storyboarding looked like for those scenes.

One thing I didn't really like was the way Cloud just suddenly gets shot and dies after the big climactic battle, then gets resurrected again a moment later. Why bother? It really messed up the mood of that scene for me.

Overall I was very impressed. I expected thirty minutes of eye candy and fanservice and got over 90 minutes of eye candy and fanservice with a good story that actually wraps up and gives closure to the wtf ending from FF7.
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Did anyone else notice Cloud's finishing move on Sephiroth resembled Ars Arcanum? lol

I loved Yuffie, absolute favorite part of AC for me. (*'-')/
                      Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

One thing I didn't really like was the way Cloud just suddenly gets shot and dies after the big climactic battle, then gets resurrected again a moment later. Why bother? It really messed up the mood of that scene for me.
                        Well, imo, what they were going for there was to show Cloud that Aeris wanted him to live and be happy. Also that he had people that cared about him, family, and he wasn't alone. I personally liked it because it drew the elements of the movie together to a conclusion.

Comment

I don't think Cloud ever actually died. Aeris had been contacting him through the lifestream throughout the movie, and since they didn't show a scene where they confirmed his death I don't see how we can jump to that conclusion so quickly.

The last abilitiy he used on Serphiroth seemed to be Knights of the Round style, but it definately wasn't Omnislash. Omnislash was a 17 hit combo as far as I remember, hard as hell to get too.

My favorite detail in the movie was the Loveless sign. It could be seen in the game as well. My favorite scene was any scene with Reno and Rude. I can't say I like one over the other because they're quite a pair. I was disappointed Eleina and Tseng didn't get a big part. They were just as persistant as in the game.

The movie really brought more life to Cloud. He wasn't such a stonefaced quiet-type as he was portrayed in the game. I guess the orphans opened him up.

I also noticed some footage from the trailers wasn't included.

Comment

Originally posted by Impaction
                            I don't think Cloud ever actually died. Aeris had been contacting him through the lifestream throughout the movie, and since they didn't show a scene where they confirmed his death I don't see how we can jump to that conclusion so quickly.
                            Well we know he was shot, he fell, he went into a bright white light, and so that pretty much sums up a near death/ death experience. Aeris told him it wasn't his time and he came back. So its reasonable to assume he died but the length of time between his "death" and reappearance is totally unknown. I would think it couldn't be long since Denzel (Tifa's son) was still sick and had not died. Like I said before, I think that part was well done. He had so much guilt about her death and Zacks. It made him not care about life. By involving Aeris in the story via the Lifestream, it gave him closure to his guilt. Seeing/hearing her and Zack during and after his near death experience was like closing the final chapter and letting him begin his life anew........and hopefully be a family with Tifa and Denzel.

Comment

Denzel isn't Tifa's real son. Denzel's parents died when Shinra destroyed the Sector 7 plate. I agree about the closure though, but why didn't she do it sooner? >_>

Does Tifa run a cell phone shop?

Comment

Working...
                              X