No announcement yet.

Anyone still around here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just when you thought it was safe to post again...
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I'm still here! roll call?

Comment

I just joined, so yes!! I'm still around haha.

Comment

I'm finally searching for a Real Jobâ„¢

Looks like the odds I wind up in NYC are high.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
            I'm finally searching for a Real Jobâ„¢

Looks like the odds I wind up in NYC are high.
            I'm sure it's been awhile, Feba. But when did you get done with school in Japan?
            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

You know I'm not one to keep people waiting.

I actually left Japan over six years ago now; I lost my scholarship after the Touhoku earthquake and Fukushima nuclear disaster (US state dpt. issues a travel warning for the Fukushima warning -> School is pants on head retarded, understands it as a travel warning for the entire fucking country of Japan -> Students as far away as Okinawa are recalled -> I'm in Tokyo -> Literally zero danger from the tsunamis or nuclear plant -> Fuck this shit, leave US school -> Whoops, Japan is expensive lol), and wound up heading to Taiwan. I'd meant to get back to Japan, but after a couple years studying Mandarin here (and meeting a girl, got engaged for a bit there), I decided to just go to college here instead. Just took my most important final yesterday, have a couple more today, and then a report, and as long as I don't fail anything, I'm graduated.

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats!
                Still in Taiwan I take it? Planning on staying after graduation? Or relocating? What will your degree be in and what are you hoping to do with it?

Comment

Just poked in for reasons. Namely see if anyone still here, and looking for FFXI screenshots for ffxiv glamours.

edit: also grats feba
                  Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Feba, wow, belated congrats man! Hope things are well! I still poke in here to kick out the Spammers and their post. Feba, Akashimo, Caspian & Cid, it's good to see you guys pop in here still once in awhile, and welcome daren!

Happy New Years to Everyone! 2018, I'll talk to you guys again in 2020!

Comment

Thanks. I got out of Taiwan last year, am currently in Japan. Got a job (sort of a startup company, doing a mix of stuff as needed but mostly translating/customer interaction stuff), and am just waiting a couple more weeks for the visa. My degree was in nothing useful, and way too easy to google, lol

Comment

That's awesome! Had a buddy that lived in Japan for awhile teaching English (may have mentioned that at one point, but how knows). I'm hoping to defend my thesis by sometime in June, then just waiting to hear if we're going to get funding from NSF to do a PhD. Otherwise, I'll be looking for a job in a related field.
                        Hope the visa stuff worked out and things are going well with the startup!

Comment

Thanks. Got visa sorted, job is going well. Pretty much everyone in the company is great, except HR is a bag of dicks. Great work/life balance; next to zero unwanted overtime, pretty good control over scheduling my shifts, and I got a nice place literally a few minutes' walk from the office.

Good luck with academia!

Comment

Hey miss you Caspian
                            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Time sure flys, we are midway through 2018, i still remember 2003 like yesterday, fun times.

Comment

Wondering if anyone is still here.
                                Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

Working...
                                X