Anyone still around here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone still around here?

Just wondering what everyone's been up to. It's been a long time, but a good time. Give me a voice if anyone's still around please?
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Re: Anyone still around here?

We don't leave, we just go into hibernation.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Every now and then. More then than now.

Read if you don't value your braincells.

Comment

Nope. Moved on a long time ago. This forum died after FFXI pretty much stopped updating. I moved to an XI Private Server myself, which I help code on. Lua is pretty easy to learn. But overall, this forum should either update itself entirely to fit with FFXIV. Since FFXI is now being put on the back burner at this point. It even is going mobile. So the glory days are long gone it seems. They added mounts in XI, which in short killed it for me.
        Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

Originally posted by Melody View Post
          This forum died after FFXI pretty much stopped updating.
          Last 'expansion' was in 2013? But, there is still active development; new quests were added 10 days ago.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Version-Update
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Melody, which private server are you on? I discovered a few, trying to connect to Nasomi without success yet.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

FFXIonline is still a great and friendly place for FFXIV discussion too. FFXIV is the spiritual successor to the FF MMORPG genre that FFXI established, mew.

And I just discovered I got promoted this place is more friendly than the official FFXIV discussion site.

in my opinion, ffxionline.com is just as much about FFXIV, as it is about FFXI and FF MMORPG in general.

Comment

Funny that you mentioned XIV. While I was researching and reading more about XIV just a week ago I discovered I still have enough Crysta for a month of XIV. 6-year-old Crysta lol... So I gave it a shot. It does not help with my nostalgia tho sadly

Just curious, does XIV gets more fun as you go higher? I've only tried the game for a few days so far but I'm really not a big fan of how the weapon skill works. It's pretty much a spamming game... and auto-attack damage is so laughable. No one even talks.... feels so much like a single player game. Or WoW in some respect (like how to run around accepting all the quests without even reading about them) There's no NPC I even remembered... so unlike FFXI where NPC like Shantotto was memorable almost at the start...
                Last edited by Jei; 07-20-2016, 02:30 AM.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
                  Just curious, does XIV gets more fun as you go higher?
                  Enough people play it that it must be fun to a good number of folks. I think the devs were very much focused on quality of life, so all the content are meant to be in small-to-medium chunks.

I've only tried the game for a few days so far but I'm really not a big fan of how the weapon skill works. It's pretty much a spamming game... and auto-attack damage is so laughable. No one even talks.... feels so much like a single player game. Or WoW in some respect (like how to run around accepting all the quests without even reading about them)
                  Remember, WoW won the popularity contest. It's not a surprise that 95% of everything after it borrowed its play elements. Duty Finder (cooperative version of "online match making") rules the day, and they are for specific dungeon/mission/quest runs. So, run you must, and there's little time to type much.

Free Company (a more specialized/evolved version of FFXI linkshell) is where you'd find conversation and human ... er ... company. Voice chat system is almost a given if you want to communicate with fellow FC members during dungeon runs.

There's no NPC I even remembered... so unlike FFXI where NPC like Shantotto was memorable almost at the start...
                  There are memorable NPCs, but it takes a few missions to develop. And, yes, there are wacky NPCs and story lines, if those are what you're into.
                  Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 07-20-2016, 04:27 PM.
                  Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                  yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                  Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                  leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Just popped in here because I was bored and feeling nostalgic....I'm honestly amazed to see this forum still here after all this time. I doubt anyone here would be happy to see me again though either, because back before FFXI was released, I was one of the crazy people who imported the game, didn't speak Japanese, and frequently visited this board. Whats embarrassing is I was probably the first person who got kicked out of the importers linkshell on Ragnarok though because I liked to curse, and that was a no no.

Comment

Hey I do remember you old friend. Glad to see you around. Wanna hop on Nasomi? I'm having a great time there.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I just happened to pop in today and I see I was made a mod? What the ... when the hell did that happen?

Hi, btw.
                        sigpic
                        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Nice to see another familiar face

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Hey I do remember you old friend. Glad to see you around. Wanna hop on Nasomi? I'm having a great time there.
                            Nasomi...is that one of the server names? Weird that I don't recognize it. I can't remember what server my main character was on when I last played...think it was Fairy maybe. I know I started on Ramuh, but I moved at one point to play with a friend.

Comment

It's a private server that try to keep the game the way it was back in 2005 with cap75. I don't think anyone would mind us talking about this now do they? :D Bunch of people were helping me getting my subjob quest items just a few days ago. Really love their players so far.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
                              X