Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35, fat and depressed is no way to go through life, son

Survey: Average gamer is 35, fat and depressed - Games - msnbc.com

Apparently the average US gamer is 35 years old. If you're a male, you're probably also fat. Female, well you're probably crying into your controller right now.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Re: 35, fat and depressed is no way to go through life, son

Seattle is filled with fat gamers. Good to know.

Comment

Fuck. Is this my future?

No, never mind, I'm nowhere close to Seattle.

Comment

Center for Disease Control is researching video gamers? Sounds like someone's pushing an agenda.
        Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
        Name: Drjones
        Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

<<<<< Seattle-ite.

<<<<< under 35 but over 25.

<<<<< more under-weight than over. Ty economic anorexia.

<<<<< mentally healthy? MwaHaHaHaHa... are any of us? Were any of us?
          FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
          FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
          aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Wii Walk-It-Out will solve those weight problems though.

<<<Under 35
            <<<I'm the right weight for my height or maybe a little less
            <<<I'm only depressed when I get undercut at the AH
            {New Sig in the works}
            -----------------------
            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
            Originally posted by Solymir
            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I am pretty sure that this same label could be applied to pretty much any social group in the country. And you can make it higher than average with a little tweaking of the study methods.

Comment

22, and an ex-cross country/ body builder. I guess its only downhill from here right?
                Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

Hey, people have to come up with newer bullshit about gaming because those Mortal Kombat clips are almost two decades old now. Even images of GTAIII aren't aging well.

Also, mental illness comes from a lot of different things. Video games are essentially a coping mechanism, not a source/cause of mental illness or depression. This is just the media's new spin to scare people about video games.

Comment

Video games are essentially a coping mechanism, not a source/cause of mental illness or depression.
                    I don't know about that BBQ.

After the 130th hour of Pokemon Red, I started having sexual fantasies about my Game Boy Color. Battery-holding cavities had never looked so good.

Comment

armando, you're a mathematician.

you can't actually have sexual fantasies about anything.

STOP LYING TO US.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                        I don't know about that BBQ.

After the 130th hour of Pokemon Red, I started having sexual fantasies about my Game Boy Color. Battery-holding cavities had never looked so good.
                        The GBC isn't Misty, Armando. Its not even the nurse.

Comment

armando, you're a mathematician.

you can't actually have sexual fantasies about anything.

STOP LYING TO US.
                          I'm about as much a mathematician as Mario is a certified doctor.
                          The GBC isn't Misty, Armando. Its not even the nurse.
                          It's got circuitry and a rear opening. It's kinda like raping a really square android that doesn't have feelings or actual thinking capacity.

Comment

Hmmm, underweight, almost a decade below and English, so once again stats are out, as are the other FFXI players I know in RL.

Armando, when the battery cavity on a GBC gets that attractive you need to get a drink or find a girl amenable to dressing up (a Spongebob costume may work to impersonate a GBC).

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                              I am pretty sure that this same label could be applied to pretty much any social group in the country.
                              Except online gaming lends itself to sitting on your ass round the clock, only getting up long enough to collect the pizza delivery. I know when I was at my worst I piled on the pounds and my dietary habits and exercise routine went through the floor. I've seen many people over the years who have fallen foul of the same problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X