35, fat and depressed is no way to go through life, son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 35, fat and depressed is no way to go through life, son

This is bull. The average 35-year old American is overweight and depressed. Whether or not they play video games could be completely irrelavent.
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Originally posted by Evion View Post
      This is bull. The average 35-year old American is overweight and depressed. Whether or not they play video games could be completely irrelavent.
      This. First off statistics show that our nation (and other countries) are overweight and its welll known that 35-40 yr olds develop depression issues....middle age crisis anyone? It's a crock of shit. I'm well over 35 and yes I'm overweight but I'm carrying around 30 extra pounds because of oversized kidneys and liver. As for mental health, games actually HELP me deal with my health issues by distracting me and lightening my mood.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

31, 6' 5" / 200lbs BMI of 23.1very healthy that god.

Comment

Good thing I don't live in Seattle.
          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Just post your pictures, people, this is the innernets, where your numbers mean nothing.

Comment

LOL Dak
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                It's got circuitry and a rear opening. It's kinda like raping a really square android that doesn't have feelings or actual thinking capacity.
                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYUI8QmOpFg"]YouTube - Robot humps washing machine[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5m6-Q6Q4qk"]YouTube - Robot Chicken-Humpy Robot goes to vegas[/ame]
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
                  Except online gaming lends itself to
                  Social biases. Which is exactly why this sort of shit takes off.

If someone said "Straight A students are more likely to be depressed and overweight", you can think of instantly logical reasons for that on the spot. That doesn't make it factual. There are a number of variables -- how they measured, when they measured, who they measured. What was their control? What did they screw up?

Comment

I'm sort of curious about this sudden shift in these studies from "video games make you violent" to "video games are linked to depression and mental illness."

Its this just clever wordsmithing on the behalf on media outlets enjoying a lot of ad revenue from game companies or is this the new way to scare parents and the elderly so they can grab ratings from people that still watch TV and aren't playing video games.

Its just a recent trend I've noticed in these "studies." Obesity and gaming aren't mutually exclusive, you can be the most avid sports fan on the planet and still be a fatass. You can be the most fit guy on the block and drop from a heart attack while jogging while I continue to live and play video games.

Also interesting that these studies provide no data whatsoever on brain activity as it relates to gaming.

Comment

<- Man in avatar pic... 27, 6.1', 185# of athletic build and a cheery attitude... wife is fixing all that though.
                      Current Server: Asura
                      Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
                      Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
                      Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
                      Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
                      Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

3 combat tours in iraq and afghanistan, disbands exp parties to go running, able to function in 120lbs of gear for 5 days straight while sleeping in goat shit in some middle easterners house, still laughing about his 3 month long marriage, angry at polliticians, depressed because "Reports" like this one get published

If i didn't have video games I wouldn't be depressed and over weight, i'd be dead, cause i would have probably shot up a post office or something.

Rage against the machine seriously needs to get back together.

Comment

16/f/pr

smoking hot body and working two jobs as a professional glamour model and a computer engineer while raising 3 children which I adopted out of the kindness of my heart.

Beat that.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                            Beat that.
                            16/F/PR

I put out on the first date, don't want and can't have kids, my pussy tastes like your favorite beer, and my daddy is rich so you'll never have to pay for anything.

Comment

You're not supposed to actually one-up me, you know.

Comment

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

Working...
                                X