America's 10 most confusing traffic signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's 10 most confusing traffic signs

Friend of mine linked me to this during an AIM conversation, I couldn't stop laughing.

America's 10 Most Confusing Traffic Signs: America's 10 Most Confusing Traffic Signs

8 and 1 win so hardcore.

Re: America's 10 most confusing traffic signs

and WTF @ #9
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Honestly, I had no trouble understanding any of those, except the last one. The variable lane sign is dangerously bad, but considering they probably have traffic lights/barriers in the street, it's not a huge deal.

And I hate driving.

Comment

That doesn't stop them from being pretty stupid and funny overall though. Some of the ones in the comments are great, too. Like

This one

and this one

Comment

What the FUCK?
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Also related:

Comment

big fan of 4 and 2.
              4 because, thats amazingly uncreative
              2 because I'm still trying to figure out why the hell they went through the trouble of making a 4th lane. (i'm guessing there is no median and the x's were for oncoming traffic?)
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

yes, it's Reversible lane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ; the other side probably has a similar sign, with different times.

Comment

I remember when I lived in Seattle for a time. Going from the Midwest out to the West Coast and looking at some of those road signs made for some interesting conversations. LOL

I remember the Marquette, Michigan sign very well. Back in the day there were ferry's from Milwaukee to Marquette and we'd go there often. I think I even have a picture of that sign somewhere. LOL

We have a #4 sign in Milwaukee as well. I forget the name (I actually think its a number) of the street but there is a St., Ave., and Pl.
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Ahh, funny you guys should mention road signs. I went out with CK the other night to paint "Pooter" on a Stop sign the other night. I don't normally get into vandalism but the kid in me kinda snuck out. This is what happens when you get pissed at people in FFXI and you go take a drive to relieve stress.
                    sigpic
                    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

You know the stupid thing is i saw that stupid sign on #9 in SF..-_-;;;; it still makes me think a bit before going 'fuck it, ima just go and hope it goes to where i want to go'.

Comment

Originally posted by lionx View Post
                        You know the stupid thing is i saw that stupid sign on #9 in SF..-_-;;;; it still makes me think a bit before going 'fuck it, ima just go and hope it goes to where i want to go'.
                        Yea, SF was the first place that came to mind when I saw #9 (before I read the description). I think San Francisco is my least favorite place to drive.
                        Character: Bricklayer
                        Server: Ramuh
                        31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

On the topic of confusing signs...

Turn Right
                          Not a traffic sign, but... interesting...
                          More of a billboard then a sign, but...
                          Originally posted by Ellipses
                          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                          Originally posted by MCLV
                          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                          More Sig:

Comment

Working...
                          X