Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday America

Just wanted to wish all the yanks here a happy 4th of July ^^

Yeah I may have been born Canadia, but I'll be whooping it up w/my dad (American tyvm ) later! ^^ Gonna call up my grandpa and wish him a good one too. I'll get that dual citizenship someday!

Last edited by Malacite; 07-04-2008, 07:04 AM.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: Happy Birthday America

Yay! GO AMERICA!

btw I am not a yank.
    Thanks Kazuki.
    Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Well thank you Mal. While many Americans do not agree with our current leadership, we do agree that today is indeed a day to be proud and celebrate.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I find it a pretty mournful day, considering how far we've come from that day...

But fireworks are AWESOME.

Comment

Honestly....

Life is growth and death. You need the bad to appreciate the good. I think for one day people can think about the positives of living in our great nation and stop wallowing in the negative.
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
            Honestly....

Life is growth and death. You need the bad to appreciate the good. I think for one day people can think about the positives of living in our great nation and stop wallowing in the negative.
            But there's so much negative in which to wallow (and I'm not just talking about 'our current leadership' ). I am proud of our heritage, extremely proud of the Declaration of Independence, and proud of what we generally agree are American ideals and the American way of life. I'm just sad that we tend to ignore these ideals, and think that we should remember on this day that we have a lot of work to do if we want to truly appreciate what Jefferson and his peers risked their lives for.

But if you're looking for 100%, unbridled pride from me on July 4: Today, I celebrate my Independence Day... from Promyvion-Vazhl. WOO!

Comment

It's days like today I get to enjoy a bit of respite for my efforts, and kick back and enjoy life.

Government Holidays FTW!

Comment

Its one thing I envy about you Americans, our celebratory day "St Georges Day" we hardly celebrate, a few flags may be flown and a couple of parades in some cities, but thats it, no national holiday, no pride. and if you ask people in teh street when it is 70% will not know ( its the 23rd April)

Belated Happy 4th July to all you yanks

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                  Yeah I may have been born in America Jr., but I'll be whooping it up w/my dad (American
                  How the hell do you not have citizenship if your dad does?

Originally posted by Cometgreen View Post
                  I am proud of our heritage, extremely proud of the Declaration of Independence, and proud of what we generally agree are American ideals and the American way of life. I'm just sad that we tend to ignore these ideals,
                  Yes. This and July 4th is just a crappy day to pick as a day to celebrate independence. It wasn't all signed on that date. It would be far better to pick, say, the winning date of the revolutionary war, or some other founding with a concrete date.

Originally posted by Jarre View Post
                  Its one thing I envy about you Americans, our celebratory day "St Georges Day" sucks, just like everything else British. Except our women.
                  fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                    fixed.
                    Its something about the accent.

I think July 4th was used because it was when the Declaration was initially ratified or what have you. The first time when something official was drawn up about being our own nation.
                    Plus its in the summer and makes for a great excuse to cook-out.
                    God Bless America (a day late)
                    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I had a great post loaded up, was going to suggest that with all the "Patriot Act" provisions giving away our freedoms, maybe we should just entitle it: "Screw England Day". Still an excuse to get loaded and light things on fire, but now other countries in the former Empire can get in on the act.

Feba, however, with his irresponsible "England Sucks" edits has just completely stolen my thunder on this. There's no edge or shock value to this post now. I am very, very disappointed in Feba.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarre View Post
                        ( its the 23rd April)
                        One more reason to hate that day?

It's my ex-husband's birthday. (BA-DUM-TSHH!)

I did not celebrate yesterday. I was so worn out from leveling Summoner for 7 hours that I went to bed.
                        sigpic
                        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                          How the hell do you not have citizenship if your dad does?
                          I haven't applied yet, it's on my to-do list (for some damned reason my dad insists on waiting until the next time we go down to see my relatives. God knows when THAT will be. Probably for the funeral ; ; )

Also, there's nothing wrong with British women >.> I happen to be madly in love with one and she's quite pretty :3 (also happens to be my best friend)

And yes, that accent is enticing. I don't know why, it just is.
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Well with my husband, my huge celebration was grilling and eating a T-bone. I've found I prefer Filet Mignon and won't be bothering with other steaks anymore. (After 25 years with no steak and now I can eat it, I'm eating it 3 times a week! YAY, to killing myself faster!) If I wanted fireworks, the best I got was sitting on my deck and hoping one or two would make it above the tree line for me to see. Or I could stand by the upstairs window that has a better vantage point but that takes the whole being outside and hearing the fireworks thrill away. I'm getting to the point that if my old man don't start getting off his ass and doing things with me, there's gonna be a grandma back on the f**king market.

Comment

Red meat is good for ya, puts hair on your chest.
                              Try a ribeye, I prefer it over a t-bone. Nothing is going to be as tender as a filet mignon, but there's more to a ribeye and I think they taste about the same.
                              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Working...
                              X