Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Guys can't hit girls." What are your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Guys can't hit girls." What are your thoughts?

Hey everyone. I just watched a video about a 12 year old boy being killed (well, he did soon after being in the hospital, so it wasn't instant) by a 11 year old girl who punched him as couple of times in the chest and I was thinking about what the comments on the page was discussing. What do you all think about the whole "Guys can't hit girls" thing?
    Last edited by Rain_Blade; 06-14-2008, 07:47 PM.

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Re: "Guys can't hit girls." What are your thoughts?

I will defend myself, no matter the gender of my opponent.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Guys often do hit girls.

Comment

Guys mayn't hit girls?

Honestly, I don't really care. If the situation is severe enough that I'm punching you in the face, I don't really care what you have in your pants.

EDIT: The only time I'd consider what someone has in their pants in a fight is if I intended to use that as a weak point.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
          Guys mayn't hit girls?

Honestly, I don't really care. If the situation is severe enough that I'm punching you in the face, I don't really care what you have in your pants.

EDIT: The only time I'd consider what someone has in their pants in a fight is if I intended to use that as a weak point.
          Pretty much QFT.

... Where does that "Guy can't hit girls" card get drawn if a small, scrawny guy picks a fight with a girl who's in the shape of a body-builder? >.>
          Originally posted by Yygdrasil
          Originally posted by Nandito
          Ponies.

Duh.
          You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Women love me. I never had a problem with violence.
            The Tao of Ren
            FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
            Originally posted by Kaeko
            As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Well, I held onto this illusion for years. It's probably one of the reasons my mother is still in possession of all of her teeth. (No, this is not as empty a claim as it may sound, she has an undiagnosed and fervently denied anxiety disorder. I am aware of this as I have G.A.D. and it contains a strong hereditary link. Dad is perfectly sane, but mom's uncle is the model for why I'd like to avoid dying alone in the house I inherit from the 'rents with only a small dog for companionship). Try to imagine what it's like to finally succeed on a personal, professional and social level and have mom pick the lock to your room at 3AM to talk about how worried she is about you, because you've stopped reading the rambling 4 page letters she used to slip under your door. I've begun watching the "Psycho" series for the cathartic release, because Norman kills "mother".

My sister figured out I had this belief at an early age. She's kind of a bully. Seriously, got back from boot camp and had a teenage girl threaten me with a carving knife because I wouldn't drive her to the mall and she knew I wouldn't defend myself.

This changed, however, during my first sparring class for Karate. Guess where women start and attempt to end every match? Yeah, I wear a cup now. Also, I've noticed that many women in my martial art feel no inclination to pull punches, which has lead to me matching this. When you learn that these otherwise wonderful little creatures are perfectly willing to beat you senseless whether they're supposed to be or not, you quickly lose your compunctions about hitting them. If you spar against me for a belt review, and you don't seem to be the most timid, fragile creature in the room, I'm going to knock your block off. Yeah, you might be possessing great self-control and mental clarity, but I'm not going to take that chance for a few rounds.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

My momma told me that there are extreme instances where you are well within your rights to blacken a woman's eye.

I follow her wisdom religiously, but thankfully, I've not had to practice that particular nugget.

Comment

Hey, it's all about TP.

If you start wailin' on me to 300%, it's mawfuckin' Combo in yo' mawfuckin' greel.

Comment

Originally posted by Audioma View Post
                    Hey, it's all about TP.

If you start wailin' on me to 300%, it's mawfuckin' Combo in yo' mawfuckin' greel.

again as many have said before... we need a "no thanks" button
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

(._.*) Sorry if I was too harsh on that one.

Translation: In life-threatening situations (which, on average, would be rare enough to make my defensive argument obsolete), it would be necessary to protect yourself, even if it was by striking back at your assailant, who happens to be female.

Comment

Well I'd never hit the girl first,

But if she decided to start throwing punches like a guy, she can feel a few hits like a guy!

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Someone who is not within my inner circle of females I care about, no, I can't particularly say I'd be comfortable with a woman striking me with the intent to hurt.

No one has any right to cause harm upon anyone else, and people have a right to defend themselves.

If it was someone like my mom or my aunt or a girlfriend, I'd try my best to restrain them without too much harm.

Then a few days later, when they think everything is gravy, I'd grease the bottom two steps of every flight of steps in the house.

That way, either going up or down, they'd hurt themselves.

It wouldn't be severe enough to die, but they'd get the message that while they can cause physical harm to me and I won't retaliate with the necessary force, there are other ways to get back at someone.

Oh and I'd hide all the food in the house and just leave cereal and milk.

And then steal all the spoons.

And the bowls.

I'd leave the cups tho.

I think I need to find myself a therapist.
                          The Tao of Ren
                          FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                          Originally posted by Kaeko
                          As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

LOL!

Passive-aggressive are we?

Comment

Yeah I don't think hitting a women is right either, but there's a fine line between chivalry and self-defense. You (women) cross it and you only have yourself to blame for what follows.
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X