Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Guys can't hit girls." What are your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Guys can't hit girls." What are your thoughts?

Okay. You got me. I was trying to plant subconscious thoughts into your heads so I could raise an army of forum posters to take over the world. You foiled my plans though. Drats!
    Originally posted by Ellipses
    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
    Originally posted by MCLV
    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
    More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by pixiehawk View Post
      The thought of "guys can't hit girls" was started at a time when it was a widely held believe that any male, no matter how weak he was was stronger than any female, no matter how strong she was. It was thought of at a time when, again, it was believed that any female needed the protection and care of the males in her life, and was unable to look after herself in a real sense. It is saying you can't abuse those you are supposed to look after/those that are weaker than you.

While that's probably true, I don't really view it that way. For some strange reason it just strikes me as wrong to hit a woman outside of self-defense. And great points from both TGM and Murphie.

Some my closest (including my best) friends are women though, so that's prolly a strong influence right there.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Well, all the women I've been raised around are much heftier than I am, so I'm used to the whole dominant personality thing.

I'm probably going to marry a saddist. I'm on Ebay looking for gimp masks right now.
        The Tao of Ren
        FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
        Originally posted by Kaeko
        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
          I'm on Ebay looking for gimp masks right now.
          This is an area where you want to be really careful about buying used.
          Ellipses on Fenrir
          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
          . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            For some strange reason it just strikes me as wrong to hit a woman outside of self-defense.
            So it's just fine to go around bashing men's faces in?

Comment

This is Malacite we're talking about here. For well reasoned opinions look elsewhere! (Hint: Not at Akashimo)

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                That's not what I meant at all - . -'

First of all, I don't agree with using violence as an answer (well, at least as a first or second response anyway) and second there's just something about hitting a woman that strikes me as being wrong. Not that guys should just suck up the physical abuse or anything but still.
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Hmm, I got killed many times by lady Lilith and Aka's Nekoai in 2 vs 1 ballista some time ago. I was stunned most of the time since I didn't use silence on Lilith.

So my question is:

Can I use "Hitting girls goes against my principles." as an excuse of why I got killed so many times? <_<;
                  sigpic
                  "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                  Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Re: &quot;Guys can't hit girls.&quot; What are your thoughts?

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                    Can I use "Hitting girls goes against my principles." as an excuse of why I got killed so many times? <_<;
                    There is no excuse for sucking.

Unless you're Jenna Jameson.
                    The Tao of Ren
                    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                    Originally posted by Kaeko
                    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

No, but what do you propose. Because you can't go around punching every girl that bumps into you, or hits you. In the end what does that solve. An you can't go around and deprogram them even from an early age. There are just way to many factors, how they grew up, where they grew up all play a huge role in influencing them.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Guys hitting girls? it depends on the situation:

1. Abusive male hitting a female for small or non-life threatening situations: WRONG
                        2. Female beating up on a male, male defending himself (use restraint): RIGHT
                        3. Female slapping a male in the face for doing something retarded or insulting, male smashing hers kull against a wall: WRONG
                        4. Female slapping a male in the face for doing something retarded or insulting, male restraining female's hands so she cannot condone anymore violence: RIGHT

Those are only examples

The reason being, it is not b/c of the emotional standpoint of each sex, it is simply that male develop more muscle than females naturally, no matter how hard a female works to get as strong as a man, the fact still remains she had to work for it, and her body is not meant to have such attributes naturally. Making the male more adept. That is why men should not just openly hit women b/c the strength difference is so much so a male cannot tell how hard he is actually hitting someone. Women should not condone violence either, striking someone is not the answer to most situations and can end up in not such a good way.

If it is in a situation where you need to defend yourself your human instincts should always take over no matter the gender of the person you are fighting. Then again it depends on how hard the person is actually hitting you, if it is in a situation where it is a younger child doing it to an adult the adult should know to show some restraint and not go totally to brute force. This applies to other situations just use your head, and hope you have common sense.

That being said this is not really a matter of opinion, it is foremost a matter of common sense and should be utilized in any situation male or female's find themselves in. The term "All sex's are equally fit to do the same" should not be used, this in fact is not true and should not be listened to in some situations. Applying a factor of strength is one of them.
                        Last edited by Luna; 06-17-2008, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja View Post
                          Because you can't go around punching every girl that bumps into you, or hits you.
                          So it's just fine to go around punching every guy that bumps into you?

Comment

Totally.

Comment

Is it?

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja View Post
                                Is it?
                                Tooooootally.

Comment

Working...
                                X