Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is the evilest company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you think is the evilest company?

Well, probably because they're mildly annoying for people that don't want to download fansubs, and not actively killing and harming people.

But, those are just my priorities.

Comment

Diamond and jewelry companies.
      Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

Originally posted by DieselBoy09 View Post
        Seconded. I hate jewelry. You have to impale your ears to put on those...I think they're called earrings?

Jewelry will corrupt your braaaaaiiiiiinnnnn!

Comment

Corporations suck. Period. But if I had to chose one... Microsoft.
          Originally posted by Ellipses
          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
          Originally posted by MCLV
          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
          More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by DieselBoy09 View Post
            I'm meaning specific companies, here, not entire industries.

Originally posted by Onionsoilder View Post
            Corporations suck. Period.
            Yeah! Let's try something else, capitalism isn't working out.

I, for one, would like to recommend communist anarchy. It works real great when you just massacre all the assholes.

Comment

Finally! Someone else who gets it!
              Originally posted by Ellipses
              Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
              Originally posted by MCLV
              A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
              More Sig:

Comment

I also do not understand the bigger picture!

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                  WalMart. They treat the employees like trash, steal the business from the local companies here, and make the area a whole lot more congested.
                  Funny you should bring that up...
                  Originally posted by Wal-Mart Going After Disabled Woman's Insurance Settlement
                  Almost eight years ago, 52-year-old Debbie Shank was involved in an accident that left her severely brain-damaged, with little short-term memory. She lives in a nursing home, confined to a wheel chair, unable to care for herself.

She was, however, awarded $700,000 in a lawsuit against the trucking company that caused the accident. Once legal fees were deducted, the remaining $417,000 was placed in a trust to pay for Debbie's long-term care (an example of bloodsucking attorneys that could be a post in its own right).

But Wal-Mart, Debbie's former employer, claims that money belongs to them, and filed a suit against the family. And they won.

See, Debbie was enrolled in Wal-Mart's health plan at the time of the accident, which stipulates (in fine print, natch) "the company has the right to recoup medical expenses if an employee collects damages in a lawsuit." Which, I suppose, makes sense in most cases, where it wouldn't be fair for the patient to be compensated twice for the same injury.

But the Shank family isn't looking to retire to Palm Springs. They're so strapped for cash that Debbie's husband, Jim, divorced her so she could get more help from Medicaid. He himself is a prostate cancer survivor who is working two jobs and is still concerned he won't be able to afford college for his youngest son.

Oh, and did I mention that another son was killed in Iraq last year? And that Debbie's short-term memory loss is so profound that every time she hears about her son's death she grieves as if hearing it for the first time? Could this story get any more tragic?

Wal-Mart admits that Debbie's circumstances are "clearly extraordinary," and wishes they could be "more flexible," but claims they are obligated to follow their own rules "out of fairness to all associates who contribute to, and benefit from, the [health] plan."

I don't know. I think employees would be happier with some reassurance that Wal-Mart wasn't ever going to bankrupt their own families.
                  Link can be found here.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                    A simple question, what business entity do you think is the absolute worst of the worst, the most sinister and vile, ruthless or twofaced? Walmart? Disney? Microsoft or Apple? CoS? Comcast?
                    Microsoft. For making Windows Vista.
                    My computer has a whole GIG of RAM. MADNESS!
                    Windows Vista uses.... 700MEGs of RAM. INSANITY!
                    Last edited by Jaelachan; 03-30-2008, 08:04 PM. Reason: Ranting
                    c:x:x:x:x{{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Proud hater of Windows Vista since Windows XP Service Pack Two!

My limit break involves a moose, the demon Baphomet, and a Kuiper Belt object. It takes four hours and you cant skip any of the cutscenes.
                    She's coming around for another pass! Do we Fight, Use an Item, or Run?
                    FIGHT, ITEM, or RUN? DECIDE!

Dont look a gift lion in the mouth!

Perscription strength Assault!
                    Side effects may include joint pain, loss of mobility, and fainting.

Comment

Working...
                    X