.. and france loses YAY!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: .. and france loses YAY!!!!

Like I said, more flops than Derik Fisher and the LA Lakers.

I know people want to win, and know people will do anything to win. But to fake an foul isn't being sportsman like, and to some of us, that's what sports are all about. I don't care if he said his mother had a shriveled up hot dog for a penis sprouting from the back of her neck, this is not the response.

I didn't watch the game, but soccer/football is a physical sport. If you don't like the contact you're playing the wrong game. There's going to be grabbing and holding, and I understand getting frustrated but that anger can be better spent.

Personally I think both of them should have been tossed from the game. Shiny Head for throwing the Giant Head-Butt, and the Patsy for flopping like he took a cannon ball to the chest. He'd have had to have been running for 20 yards and DOVE at him to knock him off his feet like that. I have zero respect for either one of them, regardless of their careers up to that point.

I don't care who won the game either way, and my neutrality, or any body's view on it shouldn't be misconstrued as immature. If you dislike one team and have no feelings for the winning team, than being primarily happy that one team lost has no barring in maturity. As a Yankee fan if the Sox had lost the World Series last year, I would have been happy they lost. And since I still couldn't tell you who they played, why would I be happy that that team actually won?

Now if we hated an Italy soccer fan because they were a fan, now that is immature.
    Odude
    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Re: .. and france loses YAY!!!!

Originally posted by Inferknite
      You are so immature, to completley disregard the man that Zidane is for his hot temper.

If you had ANY idea what those italians were doing to him throughout the game and finally the words that were directed to him, you too would understand why I show such sympathy to the french.

They are still the world champions to me and I applaud thier outsanding world cup career.
      Nonsense. Whatever words were directed at Zidane can't possibly compare to the violent ACTION he directed at Marco Materazzi. There were over twenty highly skilled, world-class players on that pitch. Only one committed such a foul. Of course I judge him by his acts.

Certainly, the World Cup final is a high-stakes game in which insults, rough play and even borderline illegal behavior are exchanged by both teams. But blatant, intentional violence like Zidane's is rare (aside from actual combat sports like boxing) and the referee was entirely justified in ejecting him from the game. I wasn't really rooting for either side up until that point - they both played some superb football (or soccer, if you prefer) - but after that, I wanted Italy to win, for justice.

Finally, while the French do indeed have an impressive football (soccer, whatever) team, they played and they lost. Italy played and won; they earned their victory both on the field and from the penalty shot mark; and I applaud them for the victory few people thought them capable of. One game does not prove which team is better, but by definition, it does prove which team are champions and that team is Italy.
      Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
      RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
      All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Working...
      X