Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

Even the hardest of side bosses in the offline titles, with their millions of HPs and bull shit stats/attacks were never this time consuming, and yet still very challenging.

So my question to SE is this; at what point did you forget that this is a fucking game.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

• Re: 2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

Still arguing over this?

Ell oh ell.
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
        Irrelevant. None of your arguments are based on access or even AV itself, but the simple fact that 18 hours is too long for everyone, and first hovered around your measure of someone else's life, dismissing anyone who disagreed with you as wrong.

To follow your argument to its logical conclusion, have you ever been in an AV fight? If not, you have no place to talk.
        As I'm not sure whether you're trying to be obtuse or are legitimately struggling I'll try to explain. My statements were based around the premise that an average expected time to kill AV of 18 hours is a ridiculous and an unhealthy design concept, a problem the majority of people who have attempted, are attempting, or plan to attempt AV all can agree to. Of course, there are a few vocal pedants who, despite the fact they either don't play the game or are not even at that level of progression yet, feel it is their overwhelming duty to argue for the tiny percentage of people who find 18 hours to be an acceptable encounter length.

And yes, I've attempted AV twice and have failed to make it past the one and a half hour point on both occasions. How about you?

Comment

/

I still think this is SE's way of punishing people who would actually sacrifice so much time to go after these kind of NM.

Otherwise there's no logical explanation as to why they would add a mob that would take so long to kill. Unless of course there's a way to kill him way faster and they are just messing with players and having a laugh at their expense. (Which goes back to the first sentence in this post )
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
            However, if 75% of the game's subscribers just said "to hell with this,"
            Have you ever SEEN the amount of people that quit FFXI? I'd be very surprised if there are more people playing than people who have played and quit. Just because the majority is not interested in something does not make it bad.

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
            I'm sorry, but after three years of trying and absolutely no progress made, he's still nearly impossible to kill.
            Bullshit. This is like saying "this car is impossible to start!" because you don't know how a fucking key works.

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            Even the hardest of side bosses in the offline titles, with their millions of HPs and bull shit stats/attacks were never this time consuming, and yet still very challenging.
            Uh, Yiazmat? Apparently he can be beaten in under an hour, but I remember reading about plenty of people who left their PS2s on overnight to deal with him. And who's to say that we can't work down that AV time, too? FFXI monsters can be defeated much quicker than the dev team intends them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
              As I'm not sure whether you're trying to be obtuse or are legitimately struggling
              No, I'm pointing out that your issues fail when faced with the facts that it's not all about you and AV is just one mob out of hundreds, one event out of many that was made for one group of people. You seem to be hung up on the idea that since you would not go through what the design goals were that it must be broken.

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
              My statements were based around the premise that an average expected time to kill AV of 18 hours is a ridiculous and an unhealthy design concept, a problem the majority of people who have attempted, are attempting, or plan to attempt AV all can agree to.
              Well now:

"18 hours is a ridiculous ..." - If it is ridiculous it will not be attempted and no other mob will ever have it.
              "..and an unhealthy design concept..." - Perhaps it is, if you were there for the entire fight. Since that is not a requirement and I doubt many would consider going that route, health isn't really an issue.

"...the majority..." and we come back to again, the whole problem. People just can't get past the fact that something might not be made for them. I assume you also go and bitch like this to Ferrari as well since they make cars not targeted towards the majority.

I would suggest that if you just want to talk to people that share your ideas of what is and isn't right in game design you not post on public forums and if you still feel the need to, don't use such broad, sweeping generalizations or take very general positions, so that you don't inadvertently include those that don't share your exact opinions.

Also, didn't you also quit the game?
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

You know what's a huge issue at AV fights? Getting the title. You have a mass of people who've been rotating in and out to take the bitch down and when there is 5% left and everyone logs on and wants the title. It's the biggest cluster f**k imaginable and people get PIIIIIIIISSED if they don't get in the ally. Add to that the determination of who gets the drops and you wonder if its really worth the aggravation. So for anyone attempting or thinking of attempting, take PLENTY of sceenshots while you are in the ally because chances are thats all you'll be walking away with.
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                  You know what's a huge issue at AV fights? Getting the title.
                  Ya that isn't fair.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
                    Still arguing over this?

Ell oh ell.
                    You know, there was a shining moment somewhere in the middle of this thread where, *gasp*, people stopped talking about AV.

To be frank, I've had enough of this. I formally request a lock on the basis that the whole AV thing is getting old, anything that's going to be said about said NM has been hashed and rehashed over and again.

Let's end this crap already.
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                    Matthew 16:15

Comment

yep, although I doubt many people will settle for taking down AV once anyway.

Comment

OP, requests a lock. Done.
                        Originally posted by Feba
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        Originally posted by DakAttack
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                        X