Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
    it isn't that surprising that the majority would follow him
    I'm not sure whether to be flattered or offended by the idea that the majority would be on my side based on factors other than me being right, which I'm sure is not assumed in this statement.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Re: 2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

I agree that SE doesn't release basic information about the game and they should. Hell, they say they finally see that with Campaign, if they say so themselves, and they even started making changes to solve that (adding the spells to scrolls and now, food effects). Since that is the case, how can you be the only ones not to see that SE in fact has made a mistake by not releasing basic information on their game? Some of us cope with that and actually enjoy the mystery and finding out stuff for themselves, this is a very big part of how FFXI distinguishes itself from other MMOs where everything is handed to you on the spot, but something such as stat effects, food effects, spells and other information about the game mechanics should be out there and made clear once and for all so people can play the game and have a good time instead of feeling frustrated.

About the AV discussion, I don't think SE needs to tell us how to do it, if people say its impossible to beat without massive amounts of luck, then screw them, SE should not have released that video in the first place, it just confused people more and made them even more irate.

Originally posted by Yellow Mage
      it isn't that surprising that the majority would follow him
      Who cares who agrees with whom? If that makes such a big difference then damn, that's sad. And I don't like my intelligence being questioned like that either. I'm sorry for not taking your more educated views but everyone's entitled to their opinion, ePeen fights don't suit FFXIOnline.
      Last edited by Balfree; 07-28-2008, 10:57 AM.
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

How in the hell is a strategy to defeat one of the hardest monsters in the game, and arguably any game ever, "basic information on [FFXI]"? Saying that SE shouldn't give this one away and saying that they shouldn't discuss any of the behind-the-scenes stuff of FFXI are pretty damned different.

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
        I don't think SE needs to tell us how to do it, if people say its impossible to beat without massive amounts of luck,
        People who, quite obviously, have not beaten it themselves, and do not know what is required.

I'm going to go and say that it's impossible to beat AV without having your entire alliance is sitting in the same room, eating tacos; since I have exactly the same basis to go off of.

SE, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU FORCE US TO GO THROUGH THAT KIND OF TROUBLE? AND SERIOUSLY, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE THAT MANY TACOS? THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAY WOULD BE TO HAVE SOME RESTAURANT MAKING THEM.

DID TACO BELL PAY YOU TO FORCE US TO EAT THEIR CRAP EVERY TIME WE WANTED TO KILL AV?

Comment

It does matter how many people are on each side. I still win because I have more electoral votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba
            Raging anger
            Did you read my post? Did you not see how I used 2 different paragraphs, the second being about the AV discussion? Where do you see me saying AV is basic information?

And relax, don't blow a fuse.

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
            It does matter how many people are on each side. I still win because I have more electoral votes.
            You win solely based on the fact that you don't have a reputation of speaking through your other end.

Comment

Exactly what are you running for?
              sigpic

Comment

Drat! Curse this elctoral college system!

Originally posted by Armando
                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                Matthew 16:15

Comment

Did you read my post?
                  Yes, I did. Read it yourself.

Since that is the case, how can you be the only ones not to see that SE in fact has made a mistake by not releasing basic information on their game?
                  Either I am correct, or you need to be much more careful with your anger. It's not that hard to direct it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                    Yes, I did. Read it yourself.
                    No apparently you did not, my second paragraph mentions AV, the first one does not, go back to class.

Either I am correct, or you need to be much more careful with your anger. It's not that hard to direct it properly.
                    Don't test my anger, you'll know very well when it gets that far, and I won't be using all caps to show it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotners View Post
                      Exactly what are you running for?
                      King of the Britons

Comment

/vote Taksmage

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                          The way this thing started was TM disagreeing with me...*snip*...Those are all the weird and unusual things about this thread.
                          ...you are putting WAY too much thought into this.

How in the hell is a strategy to defeat one of the hardest monsters in the game, and arguably any game ever, "basic information on [FFXI]"? Saying that SE shouldn't give this one away and saying that they shouldn't discuss any of the behind-the-scenes stuff of FFXI are pretty damned different.
                          I don't think anyone is asking for a straight up, full fledge strategy for killing this guy, they just want to know the trick to it. Odin is still a monster of a fight, with far more people and SE had no problem revealing his trick. No one bitched and moaned about making him "easier" because he's still far from it and people still wipe to him every day.

Even without his Gimmick, AV will still be one of the strongest mobs in game, if not the strongest (still rests on how tough PW stays). But after over 3 years of being in the game, no one has come close to beating him fairly? That's not a challenge, that's absurd. People have spent hours fighting him, days even, explaining that stupid little video won't suddenly let people burn him in minutes like Kirin.
                          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                            ...you are WAY bored to have put much thought into this.
                            FTFY
                            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                            Matthew 16:15

Comment

Touche~
                              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

King of the Britons
                                You don't vote for a king.
                                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                                X