This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FFXIOnline.com 2006 E3 SquareEnix news report

Alright, I included the pictures I took of E3 in to the gallery. See gallery link up at the top.

As for the Square Enix booth, the layout was a bit crowded. The theater was on the second floor, after you have lined up along the front of the Square Enix booth to pick you your tickets, you were sent upstairs to wait in a waiting lounge where they gave you quick previews of the latest FFXI expansion, FFXII, and FFVII Advent Children and Dirge of Cerebus. The wait for the theather at the top was 15 minutes, but the theatrical previews was around 45 minutes.

The showing started in series order (skipping XI, however), and started with the Final Fantasy VII compilation. It presented each of the Final Fatansy VII games in storyling chronological order, and after that, more of Final Fantasy XII was presented.

In the first showing of the preview on Wednesday morning, I was told that when they first showed the extended version of the FFXIII preview, people were murmuring all along asking what this new thing could be? After they were enlightened with the fact that it was FFXIII, they were in awe and at the end of the showing (being the last item), the audience couldn't stop talking about it as they were leaving.

The FFXIII has three parts, as many of you may have figured out from the other news sites, the Versus caught my eye the most in the art style, the world archetechture, and the story premise. I enjoy the neo-gothic (or neo renassance?) look. The way they were able to put a western imperial palace with its cathedral ceilings, its gothic-esque pillars, and yet were able to make it all blend with the modern amendites of an escalator along the sides of the steps up, and its pristine marble floors. I may have some of the description wrong as I need to watch it again, it was indeed short for the FF Versus XIII, so I may have the time period description wrong; but I think gothic is correct, it has a bit of a Gotham look from Batman.

The story in which it implies is beyond words to describe and must be scene with their trailers. I hope that they present the trailer for FF Versus XIII soon. Too bad, I wasn't PRESS, so that I can ask questions for you all.
    Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Nice pics.

What kinds of questions were they asking at the trivia thinger?

Comment

I don't remember the exact questions, but they were mostly in-game questions, like who drops what, or what it takes to complete what quest.
        Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Couldn't find this posted anywhere in the video games forum, so I'll go ahead and link it.
          http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12970926/
          really just confirmation to the speculation, but thought it warranted a link atleast.
          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Working...
          X