X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OFFICIAL FORUM THREAD: 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) discussions

Originally posted by Serryl
    Anyway.
    Regardless of the Specs...
    The software is where it really counts...
    Especially seeing as how 2d games that have been out for 10+ years can still be rediculously fun...

MS made top of the line graphics without having to "up the anty" by about $100...
    And without having to incorporate 1080 progressive scan.
    Hell...I bet MS could implement 1080p...I bet they're even thinking about it now...
    And...you know what? I won't have to spend $600 effing dollars just to get it.
    You don't think they'll charge an extra 150 or 200 dollars to upgrade to 1080p, assuming its even possible this late in the game?

As for 2d games, Contra ftw.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

• Re: OFFICIAL FORUM THREAD: 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) discussions

No. I know they'll charge that much...
      But, If it IS possible...
      I could have that technology with my 360...
      Instead of spending $600 for another console.

|Alchemy: 3|Cooking: 3|Smithing: 1|Fishing: 1|
      ====================

Comment

Anyway.
        Regardless of the Specs...
        The software is where it really counts...
        Especially seeing as how 2d games that have been out for 10+ years can still be rediculously fun...

MS made top of the line graphics without having to "up the anty" by about $100...
        And without having to incorporate 1080 progressive scan.
        Hell...I bet MS could implement 1080p...I bet they're even thinking about it now...
        And...you know what? I won't have to spend $600 effing dollars just to get it.
        They can't that's a given. It's raw power that's beyond it, much less the DVD format won't keep up as well.

360 *might* be able to do 1080i, but no game developer is doing it, because it's not even part of the specs.

Almost all Game developers though on PS3 are all aiming for 1080i and playing with 1080p.

Fun games? I don't remember many Xbox game being particularly fun, especially 1st party exclusives.

Fun games pretty much goes to Nintendo.

And graphics isn't all about power. Just having power itself gives more then visual effects. I thought the whole 1hr catered to AI said that.

Look at DOA4. Interactive enviroments could only be done with more power, thousands of enemies can only be done with more power, People are so wow at Warhawk and Heaven's sword, Killzone because they have the power to do stuff like that on the trailer.

If you're trying to make a point that it's games that matter. Even games need HW support. the Wii remote was actually a GC idea, but it seems the cube couldn't quite support the power needed for motion. Thus the Wii.

And if you think 1080p is pointless, so was 16:9 when PS2 was released. It's there and everything today is 16:9.

Comment

No. I know they'll charge that much...
          But, If it IS possible...
          I could have that technology with my 360...
          Instead of spending $600 for another console.
          Ah, I see what you're saying now.
          Not sure I'm gonna get the HD-DVD upgrade to 360 though. Unless Sony just pulls out a gun and repeatedly shoots themselves in the foot, they should easily win the dvd format war.

Comment

Serryl is obvously a Xbox fanboy. Not to suggest this is wrong, but if you read the way he posts, he isnt willing to give the PS3 a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
              Serryl, actually new tv's are starting to carry 1080p. Its been around for less than a year, but its quickly being implemented into new hdtv's. Now, receivers that carry it? None so far, the Denon 5806x (probably be called 5806p) will be coming out soon, and they're adding another thousand to the price because of it. An extra 200 bucks to get 1080p for the ps3? Thats freaking cheap when you think about it. I understand that its not for everyone. But those will buy it, will likely not be disappointed in the slightest. If they follow through on the claims and this actually ends up being a console with a 10 year life span, then it is more than worth the 600 dollars. My tv won't even use the 1080p, but you can bet the next one I do get sure as hell will.
              Well, it's still lame. It's like when the PS2 first came out and it had firewire. Then they removed it later because no one was actually going to use it ...

Same thing with this. Remove that function and bam! You get competitive pricing on the PS3.

Comment

Possibly, I still think they're charging more simply b/c of the BD capabilities. Even the 600 dollar one is 400 cheaper than the cheapest BD player at launch, and only 100 more than the cheapest HD-DVD player. Hell, the fact that the most expensive one is 100 cheaper than anyone said they could get away with is something in and of itself.
                On a note of something I'm looking forward to on 360, I saw the Halo 3 trailer last night. Looks awesome.

Comment

Ah, I see what you're saying now.
                  Not sure I'm gonna get the HD-DVD upgrade to 360 though. Unless Sony just pulls out a gun and repeatedly shoots themselves in the foot, they should easily win the dvd format war.
                  Sony would have to do quite a bit more then just release PS3.

PS3 would help to the war immensely, just as winning the war would help PS3. BUt you have to see how studios play out and how BR is used.

Developers have make BR first, they can still do DVD.

HD-DVD for 360 is a joke though.

And PS3 production has to be good. IF they screw up, then it's going to be another Microsoft.

PS3 isn't set in stone and neither is BR, but HD-DVD 360 mode...is just bad...

The key factor in PS3 is production right now. If they can get enough to people, many of the developers hanging on the wall with their 10% done PS3 games, will shift in high gear.

Comment

Originally posted by kuu
                    Sony would have to do quite a bit more then just release PS3.

PS3 would help to the war immensely, just as winning the war would help PS3. BUt you have to see how studios play out and how BR is used.

Developers have make BR first, they can still do DVD.

HD-DVD for 360 is a joke though.

And PS3 production has to be good. IF they screw up, then it's going to be another Microsoft.

PS3 isn't set in stone and neither is BR, but HD-DVD 360 mode...is just bad...

The key factor in PS3 is production right now. If they can get enough to people, many of the developers hanging on the wall with their 10% done PS3 games, will shift in high gear.
                    Yeah, Im basing most of what I said on which studios have signed with them for exclusive contracts, as opposed to Toshiba and MS. That and the movies slated to debut the same time as the players is vastly different.
                    As for this HD-DVD upgrade. Am I going to have to do 360 surgery? Or will it just sit on top of the console. Both seem like really stupid ideas. I haven't looked at it too much, but the current drive doesn't seem too removable right now. Just seems like a bad idea in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Battle Angel
                      Serryl is obvously a Xbox fanboy. Not to suggest this is wrong, but if you read the way he posts, he isnt willing to give the PS3 a chance.
                      Dude.
                      Eff you.

If anything.
                      I'm a money fanboy.
                      The 360 was too much...
                      The PS3 will be ENTIRELY too much.

Oh yeah...
                      Did I say this?
                      Eff you.

I'll probably end up giving it a chance...
                      But, I didn't really like the PS2...
                      And, I don't like the schematics I've seen for the PS3 controller.

1 more thing.
                      Eff you.

*always gets attacked for what he says on this Forum*

Gah.

|Alchemy: 3|Cooking: 3|Smithing: 1|Fishing: 1|
                      ====================

Comment

Yeah, Im basing most of what I said on which studios have signed with them for exclusive contracts, as opposed to Toshiba and MS. That and the movies slated to debut the same time as the players is vastly different.
                        As for this HD-DVD upgrade. Am I going to have to do 360 surgery? Or will it just sit on top of the console. Both seem like really stupid ideas. I haven't looked at it too much, but the current drive doesn't seem too removable right now. Just seems like a bad idea in general.
                        USB2 external drive.

THat's why I think it's really stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by kuu
                          USB2 external drive.

THat's why I think it's really stupid.
                          Thats their plan???? Yeah, thats f***ing brilliant.

Comment

Possibly, I still think they're charging more simply b/c of the BD capabilities. Even the 600 dollar one is 400 cheaper than the cheapest BD player at launch, and only 100 more than the cheapest HD-DVD player. Hell, the fact that the most expensive one is 100 cheaper than anyone said they could get away with is something in and of itself.
                            On a note of something I'm looking forward to on 360, I saw the Halo 3 trailer last night. Looks awesome.
                            Well, with the PS2, at that time, firewire technology was not cheap. I bought a Sony laptop at just roughly around the same time Sony was releasing PS2 in Japan. Guess what the Sony rep on the telephone was saying they'd charge me for a cable to the firewire port?

$150.

OMFG... worse... technology... ever. Sony has put out some good technology and are always on the cutting edge of things, but at the same time, they've been known to have made horrible - STUPID - business moves in the past. They haven't changed one bit in the past 30 years...

But hey, like a lot of people on this thread, I'm buying that $600 entertainment device regardless. LOL

Comment

I'm cheering for the Wii. I mean, Super Smash Bros! SNAKE!

I'm console nuetral, so here's my opinion:

-PS3 too expensive, core version doesn't have HD or WiFi Support
                              -360 seems alright, but not enough variety of games.
                              -Wii pretty much stole the show. Though what if someone walked in on you playing a game? You'd look crazy. But I've heard it'll start at $250, not sure on the truth of that, but if it is, good news for Nintendo.

Comment

Originally posted by Suteru
                                -PS3 too expensive, core version doesn't have HD or WiFi Support
                                Actually, it does support HD still, just used component cables since it doesnt have an HDMI output.

Comment

Working...
                                X