X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation of PS3 release date and price????

PSM "reveals" PS3 release date, price
    Posted Apr 26th 2006 2:28PM by Ross Miller

The folks at Team Xbox have picked up the latest issue of PSM, also known as the Unofficial PlayStation Magazine, and let us know that the magazine is claiming to have the official launch date and price of Sony's latest game console. The PlayStation 3 is set to launch in early November, just in time for the post-Thanksgiving shopping frenzy, simultaneously with its online service. The asking price? $399 for US, €322 for Europe, and ¥45,965 in Japan.

While we're sure that a magazine entirely devoted to Sony's platform has some pretty good inside sources, and the prices and date seem pretty likely, consider this speculation until we get the official word from Sony (or, at least, the Official PlayStation Magazine).
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Re: Confirmation of PS3 release date and price????

I recall something else mentioned by Sony themselves saying they were planning a release date sometime before Thanksgiving, however they didn't mention a price on that one.

What I'm recalling though is like 1 or 2 months old of a statement.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I think that would've been last month when they pushed the date back to "around thanksgiving" I can't remember the event, GDC sounds right? But I can't remember.

Corwynn's Journal

Red Mage for life.

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Comment

Yep they said late fall release at one point and then narrowed it to sometime in Nov. I'm wondering if it really is going to be in the PSM magazine as fact or rumor again. Also the price point does not surprise me one bit, its what I was planning on all along.

Early Nov. works for me though! My birthday is mid Nov. so I'll just put that down as my birthday gift! Then the $400 I put away for the system can go to buying games!
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

It sounds very likely. Hopefully we'll hear the real deal at E3 in a little less than two weeks!
            PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
            Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
            WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
            Currently Playing:
            FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Who called $400? :3
              RDM75| DRG75

Comment

Not me, I called 500. Glad to know its a little cheaper than that. Hope its legit. Need to call back to Gamestop and check on reservations again. Last check they still weren't taking them.
                I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Yep as of yesterday they are not taking pre-orders yet here either. I asked and was told until there is an OFFICIAL release date they won't take any pre-orders.

Comment

I'm fairly certain we'll get at least an official launch date at E3. I'm hoping for a price or at least a price range, but I'm not expecting too much. Sony will at least want to give out enough information to allow for preorders to begin though, and I doubt they would have revealed so much important information at the PlayStation Business Briefing if they weren't going to be saving the major parts for something as big as E3.

TGM, would you mind if this thread was merged with my current thread devoted to all Pre-E3 and E3 news and rumours?
                    Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master

TGM, would you mind if this thread was merged with my current thread devoted to all Pre-E3 and E3 news and rumours?
                      Dear I'll leave that entirely up to your disgression so feel free to do whatever you please.

Comment

Thats actually a pretty good price o.O considering it allways drops imensily after a couple of months ._.
                        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                          Dear I'll leave that entirely up to your disgression so feel free to do whatever you please.
                          Gracias. For the sake of continuity, I'd like to try to keep as much information close together as possible, since there'll definitely be a lot of news coming in the next couple weeks.

To be honest, I totally expected (and still expect) $499. It just seems like Sony would be able to get away with a 500-dollar price point, especially when including all that stuff. If the hard drive weren't included with the system, I'd agree more with a $399 price. Either way, I'd be fine with 400 bucks.

Apparently Peter Moore has confirmed that "the next installment of Halo" will be present at E3 in at least video form.
                          Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Re: The Next-Gen War Continues!

Here's some big news.

The Nintendo Revolution has been renamed.

The new name?

The Nintendo Wii.

Here's Nintendo's press release information, courtesy of 1UP:

" Introducing ... Wii. As in "we."

While the code-name Revolution expressed our direction, Wii represents the answer.

Wii will break down that wall that separates video game players from everybody else.

Wii will put people more in touch with their games ... and each other. But you re probably asking: What does the name mean?

Wii sounds like "we," which emphasizes this console is for everyone. Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.

Wii has a distinctive "ii" spelling that symbolizes both the unique controllers and the image of people gathering to play.

And Wii, as a name and a console, brings something revolutionary to the world of video games that sets it apart from the crowd.

So that's Wii. But now Nintendo needs you.

Because, it s really not about you or me.

It's about Wii.

And together, Wii will change everything."
                            Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

XD thats an odd name. . . I think I liked revolutions better. =P
                              It works though.

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Yeah at first I was kinda WTF? about it.

After seeing the animation and the mission statement it started to grow on me.
                                MPH Code: 2105-2096-0964
                                TETRIS DS Code: 540649-893584

Comment

Working...
                                X