Dragonball: Evolution, The movie :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragonball: Evolution, The movie :D

Many of you probly saw it, it was released like yesturday..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMCjVdzq3dk]YouTube - Official Dragonball Evolution (2009) International HQ Trailer[/ame]

And yes, the kid from The Invisible is Goku...

It's set for release in 2009
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Re: Dragonball: Evolution, The movie :D

I...I can't really say much.

Now, if you excuse me I'll go kill myself to see if I can forget I saw that.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

You can save yourself a bit of your life by not clicking it.

Live-action Speed Racer didn't work, so why would this?

There are just things you don't make live-action. Anime is one of them, something as stylized as DB especially. It just doesn't translate the same way.

This would be like trying to make a "realistic" Dragon Quest. But then, there were people stupid enough to want a "realistic" DQ game. I like Toriyama's style there just fine and I f'n hate Dragon Ball.

Its not the style that's a problem. Making a movie like this, however, is like saying the anime style is the problem. I really don't get Hollywood sometimes. Would have saved a lot of time and resources finding another movie to make, but then, they just bastardize most things anyway. They couldn't even get something as braindead as the Dukes of Hazzard right.

Comment

This is campier than the Sgt. Pepper movie.

I might have to see it.

Do you think the other moviegoers would be upset if I spent the entire movie in stitches?

Comment

I think you'd be alone in the theater with other people who just came out to see how bad it was.

Comment

tru dat.

i might also have to watch it to make sure they did absolutely everything wrong, the first thing was even considering this so they're already losing points
            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

On July 22, 2008, IF Magazine published an article on its website regarding a rumor of a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie that is in development by 20th Century Fox. Producer Erwin Stoff said that the film's development was in the early stages, and that they had "just signed it". [10][11] Keanu Reeves is being rumored to play Spike Spiegel.[citation needed]
              OH FUCK.

Comment

I have every intention of seeing this movie on the grounds that it will be similar to a train wreck.

So bad that you just can't look away.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

oh btw....no flying in the movie.....they use motorcycles to get around.
                  Originally posted by Raydeus

Other than that the only thing I'd like to see is SE changing Homam so RDM can use it, but the chances of that happening are the same as those of me winning the Mog bonanza.

Comment

I'll wait for the torrent.

No way I'm paying nine dollars for this, not even $5.50 for the matinee.

Comment

Goku's Oozaru Transformation

A friend of mine showed me that clip yesterday so I probably won't be going to see it now.
                      {New Sig in the works}
                      -----------------------
                      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                      Originally posted by Solymir
                      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

...No. Just.... No.

Chow Yun-Fat is not Roshi. I love me some Chow Yun-Fat, but no.

The only character who looks anything like her character is Bulma (was the sexy pajama fight between her and Chi Chi?)

Also, not nearly enough talking animals for it to be a Dragon Ball movie. I want my Oolong ; ;

Comment

You know, the whole time I was looking at the trailer and scenes, the movie reminded me of something, but I could not put my finger on what. But I remember now:

Fist of the North Star, live-action.

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
                            You know, the whole time I was looking at the trailer and scenes, the movie reminded me of something, but I could not put my finger on what. But I remember now:

Fist of the North Star, live-action.

Yep, you guys will probably hate me for that one. Taken from Dragonball: The Magic Begins Wiki
                            {New Sig in the works}
                            -----------------------
                            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                            Originally posted by Solymir
                            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Amberly View Post
                              oh btw....no flying in the movie.....they use motorcycles to get around.
                              Because in the original Dragonball, which this is based off of, they *did* drive around on high tech motorcycles. The fact that Bulma uses Capsules is one of the most accurate things about this movie so far.

I'll watch this because I want to see just how it turns out. They have so many things right...but so many things wrong. I won't be payin 10 bucks to see this, but I'll definately see it.
                              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Working...
                              X