X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dragonball: Evolution, The movie :D

no No NO NO NO!!! WTF

Why must they always adapt shit for the US
    Goddamnit Hollywood go make a sequel of some shit and stop F'n with anime >.<

Their major screw up Goku/Bulma/Etc. Were all kids/teenagers in DB
    IIRC Bulma never used a gun
    (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
    sigpic

Comment

Hammer Bulma FTW!!!

I'm wondering how many peeps are gonna go see this thinking it is about DBZ instead of DB. Also, how many peeps are gonna go see the movie, never having watched the series but heard of it, and then go watch it and say "WTF This is dumb its not like the movie!" ;_;
      {New Sig in the works}
      -----------------------
      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
      Originally posted by Solymir
      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

No Flying Nimbus means this can only do poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by ruffrydasean View Post
          Their major screw up Goku/Bulma/Etc. Were all kids/teenagers in DB
          IIRC Bulma never used a gun
          Goku was 14 and Bulma was 16...in the movie they're both 16.

And Bulma used guns constantly.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
            Goku was 14 and Bulma was 16...in the movie they're both 16.

And Bulma used guns constantly.
            Hmmm. she used guns? I need to go back and rewatch

And I think you get what I'm trying to say though. I'm not expecting them too look exactly like the char. series, but these people just look too old/odd
            (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
            sigpic

Comment

The biggest problem is Goku, who was a midget in the beginning of Dragonball and looked younger then he really is. Bulma looked like a teen, but Goku looked 10 or younger, when he was almost as old as Bulma the whole time.

And yea, she had plenty of fire power. She didn't really use them in fights from what I remember, but she sure did shoot Goku a lot.
              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I want my 49 seconds back! (tried to find a relative hans moleman clip but no luck ; ; )
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ruffrydasean View Post
                  no No NO NO NO!!! WTF

Why must they always adapt shit for the US
                  Goddamnit Hollywood go make a sequel of some shit and stop F'n with anime >.<
                  Being a geek nowadays has its perks and its downfalls. We see much more catered to our lifestyle (YES FINALLY!) but that also means we see them trying to make a buck off us just for the sake of lining their pockets. This movie embodies that totally, as did Speed Racer. Sometimes you just need to leave stuff alone, so you know that geeks in high places weren't working on this flim.
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                    movie embodies that totally, as did Speed Racer.
                    I didn't think Speed Racer was that bad, even though from what I read they messed alot of it up. However, I don't think Speed Racer was worse than Dragonball will be lmao. I think one of the main problems was, we messed SR up back when it originally came to the US and they did a movie based on the US version of SR which didn't make it better. *Adds Mach GOGOGO! to the list of animes to watch in JP with subtitles*
                    {New Sig in the works}
                    -----------------------
                    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

I hope that picture is Goku mid-transformation. And if it's based off Dragonball, flying was REALLY rare there, so no surprise they are using motorcycles. I'm still expecting to be gigantic fail though, Dragonball isn't as popular as it was 8 years ago in America, the only thing reminding people it exists is all the Budokai games they keep putting out. That AND the movie looks like ass.
                      Cleverness - Hades
                      75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
                      DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

I didn't think Speed Racer was bad either. I can't remember the anime's plot but I remember it was cheesy/campy as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                          I didn't think Speed Racer was that bad, even though from what I read they messed alot of it up. However, I don't think Speed Racer was worse than Dragonball will be lmao. I think one of the main problems was, we messed SR up back when it originally came to the US and they did a movie based on the US version of SR which didn't make it better. *Adds Mach GOGOGO! to the list of animes to watch in JP with subtitles*
                          For me it sucked balls. I've been watching Speed Racer since I was a wee one, I think I was 6 or 7. I was totally in love with Speed! LOL Then that craptastic piece of shit movie came out and all I could think of was WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY GOD WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY!! Some things should be left the way they were meant to be and Speed Racer was never meant to be a live action movie no matter how many craptastic special effects you threw in..................imo of course!

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                          I didn't think Speed Racer was bad either. I can't remember the anime's plot but I remember it was cheesy/campy as hell.
                          It was the 60's man! What did you expect!? You're mother was probably still in diapers! Wait..............maybe she was in love with Speed too!? OMG.........NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....tell her she can't have him!! HE'S MINE!! /em gets out her cane of doom and waves it wildly!
                          Originally posted by Feba
                          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                          Originally posted by DakAttack
                          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                            For me it sucked balls. I've been watching Speed Racer since I was a wee one, I think I was 6 or 7. I was totally in love with Speed! LOL Then that craptastic piece of shit movie came out and all I could think of was WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY GOD WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY!! Some things should be left the way they were meant to be and Speed Racer was never meant to be a live action movie no matter how many craptastic special effects you threw in..................imo of course!

It was the 60's man! What did you expect!? You're mother was probably still in diapers! Wait..............maybe she was in love with Speed too!? OMG.........NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....tell her she can't have him!! HE'S MINE!! /em gets out her cane of doom and waves it wildly!
                            Ok, TGM. We're all your friends here and we want you to know that this is a safe place. Noone is going to hurt you.
                            That said, we've been talking and we want you to put down the crack pipe. Let's also help you get rid of any other psychotropics you've been taking. They're starting to have an effect on your life here and thats not good for anyone.

[/intervention]

Did I miss the little bald friend? Can't remember his name, been too long, but I didn't see anyone matching that description in the trailer.
                            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
                              Noone is going to hurt you.
                              I don't know about that one, Feba has that look in his eyes....

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
                              Did I miss the little bald friend? Can't remember his name, been too long, but I didn't see anyone matching that description in the trailer.
                              Krillin and I didn't see him either so far.
                              {New Sig in the works}
                              -----------------------

Comment

Friend of mine told me Krillin doesn't exist in the universe of that movie.

Which is totally dumb. Of course, I see no talking animals either. Master Roshi doesn't have a turtle, which I guess is par for the course since he no longer appears to be hermit at all. The only good thing about this movie is a couple of comments at Kotaku.
                                Originally posted by Ted

You know what's going to be the saddest thing to come from this movie?

"Oh sweet! They made a cartoon from that Dragonball film!"
                                Originally posted by PsycheE
                                I saw two Americans, a Chinese man, and a Deceptocon in my Dragonball movie and I didn't even see Satan.
                                Originally posted by fadecy
                                It looks like a fucking xmen movie with added kung fu.
                                Originally posted by Nocturne_Rose
                                For the first time in my life, I'm actually wishing that a film had been made by Uwe Boll instead.
                                Originally posted by chickdigger802
                                can't wait for the game based off this movie, gonna be even more hilarious =)
                                Originally posted by TheRockingDead
                                Looks like a high budget college film student project.
                                Let's be honest, Dragon Ball didn't have much depth but it was lighthearted and funny. DBZ sucked but this has nothing to do with it. It's kind of amazing how much they can deviate from the source and still slap the same name on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X