Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Buy can go to hell

This is some serious bull.

I asked my dad last night to pick up a copy of Warhawk for me at Best Buy because it was on sale for $40.00 (normal price is $60.00!) but it turns out they were all out and they didn't even offer a rain check (I forget to tell my dad it was on sale so he didn't ask but they still should have said something)

They said a new shipment would likely be in today, and it was. Oh, but now it's back at the regular price it seems. They wouldn't give my dad a rain check for it since "the sale was over".

needless to say he let them have it for the shitty customer service. There was a manger right there, guy didn't even budge. Never shopping from those dicks (at least that location) again.

Assholes - _ - I hate where I live, too many pricks in the retail industry. At least where I work if we're out of something the 1st thing we do is offer a rain check or at least call a manager etc. Like god damn, how do these ppl stay in business I'll never know.

/rant
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: Best Buy can go to hell

I don't know what Best Buy's policy is, but maybe they aren't allowed to offer rain checks? I've never had an occasion to ask for one, so I can't say.

That still sucks though.
    Last edited by Murphie; 09-07-2007, 04:22 PM.

Comment

/comfort
      ... But, shouldn't complaints about retailers go under "Off Topics" instead of "Entertainment"?
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Most places won't offer rain checks on sale items.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

This is the first time I've seen a business do this. I've gotten rain checks for items on sale plenty of times.

I understand that the sale was over, but the fact that my dad was there last night and the following morning (when they said more would be in) they gave us this bull shit.

Very, very poor service.

Well, I can always see if my bro can fudge something over at walmart since they do price matches. Their new flyer has a Warhawk PS3 bundle, and it notes that it's a $40.00 value (and I doubt they mean the download, since you're still getting it in-store they have to include the headset or they're ripping people off) and so I'll get it at a reduced rate + my bro's discount.

Normally I don't like supporting Walmart, but Best Buy can go fornicate with an iron stick. I'd try my luck at futureshop, but seeing as best buy owns that company, i guess that rules that out.

@ - @ kinda sucks since I also need a new TV for the basement as mine just oh so conveniently decided to crap out on me last night.
          sigpic

Comment

Before becoming over spiteful over the situation, have you read the fine print on the advertisement? They typically have in fine print on the bottom something about limited quantities blah blah blah.

If they did in fact have that, it means they had X amount of copies to sell for the sale price, first come first serve.

Personally I've never had trouble with Best Buy. They've replaced my iPod nano when it quit working, and are generally helpful. Perhaps you should contact a distract office to have them investigate the store and make sure they are meeting the company standards. They have no way of knowing a store isn't living up to standards if the customers don't comment.

Comment

Not a bad idea. But you have to admit that's utter BS.

Manager. Right eff'n there, doesn't move or say a word while my dad's arguing with the sales person. The hell kind of store you running when you won't even pay attention to an upset customer? And I'm positive it did not say "while quantities last" or anything like that.

Shit, I'm surprised they even sold out. PS3 must be growing around here.
              sigpic

Comment

Well as a former manager of several places before my proffesional career, sometimes I would allow the employee to try and resolve complaints. I don't I'd let it go as far as this particular manager, but can't say as I wasn't there.

I believe most companies policy should be 'Give what it takes to shut them the hell up'; and most are officially something like that. Maybe nicer terms, but the principle is the same.

My personal tip on addressing the company is to use thier customer service BS line they'll have posted somewhere in thier support information on thier website somewhere in the opening lines. Quote that back at them, and explain calmly you dispute with the particular store. In most cases they'll at least send you a gift certificate for at least the difference in sale price, or something like that.

When I address Dominoes when they kept forgetting to bring my drinks I did that; Your goal is to be the best pizza delivery company in the world, however I'm not satisfied with your recent service blah blah blah. Now I get a free 2 liter everytime I order.

Give it a shot, nothing to lose really.

Comment

o. O wow
                  sigpic

Comment

Some businesses will offer rain checks on sale items just to keep their customers happy, some just won't. Some will if you speak with a manager. Depends really on who's doing the asking, how nicely they're asking, who you speak with, and how bendable the rules are, I suppose. It's never set in stone, and quite honestly, everything is negotiable, but I guess you got a dickhead clerk.
                    sigpic
                    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Sure did.

Like I said, at my work whenever we're out of an item most of us (I'd like to say all but I don't think everyone thinks of it) offer a rain check right away except in the rare cases when we're not supposed to (I've only ever seen 2-3 instances)

Even still, they weren't exactly nice or helpful either. Then again, I live in government town. Most people are total assholes here.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                        Then again, I live in government town. Most people are total assholes here.
                        I know that feeling, I've been a military brat my entire life, and still live in a military town. Most people working in retail are somehow connected to the military, either spouse or child. So they don't, in my opinion, have as strong as a work ethic since thier paycheck is not thier main bread and butter.

Surprisingly I get the best service from younger people working in retail/fast food than more expensive specialty locations. Guess they like thier money more.

However, since Best Buy is not on a military contract that I know of, you can still get your issues resolved at a corprate office. If they receive enough complaits they'll eventually crack down on that location. I've seen franchise stores around this area get shut down and taken over by corprate for lousy customer service. Just have to bitch loud enough. Imagine how many people read this thread, that's a lot of bad advertising for Best Buy from one single incident.

Comment

Keep fighting to get Warhawk! It's an amazing game! Even though I paid $70 for it at EB games, I refuse to shop at Best Buy, although EB isn't much of a step up.

Just a pre-warning for you, prepare to be angry when you're trying to play. At the moment, tons of people are having problems with their rating, like me, I've been stuck at 721 points for a week, and my rank has been reverted to Recruit (the lowest rank) 3 times. Also, while trying to join some games, you'll get the infamous "The game is full" error, even whilst trying to join a game that is barely half full.

Comment

EB is a giant step backwards compared to best buy.

Comment

Being in a customer service industry for longer than anyone would care to admit, I think I should share what I and many of my co-workers who deal with customers on a daily basis feel:

Everyone is an idiot until proven otherwise.

I've also found that people who work in customer service tend to treat other people who work in customer service very well - because we know that just a few bad people can set off your entire day.

Now, I'm not saying anything about your dad and that he wasn't nice or this and that -- what I am saying, is that it's very possible that the sales clerk had a long stream of stupid people come through and completely mess up his day. As far as the manager goes, I'm not sure if there was an excuse: perhaps he sympathized with the employee, or felt that the employee was so stressful while arguing that he shouldn't be corrected in front of a customer. It could be that the manager was an asshole to begin with, and wouldn't give up anything unless he absolutely had to.

Just my observations.
                              Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                              90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                              70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                              52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Working...
                              X